✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

now[/size]
You only realize it now ?!

How long has it been since there's a Coldplay shop where you can buy spin off products such as tour books and mugs and t-shirts and calendars ? I believe it was quite a while before HLH. From the moment you start selling stuff, today, there's marketing involved. Open your eyes, Brent.

see what I did there ? lollol :awesome:

Now, I know you mean that you think that now it seems to be more about marketing than music etc etc. I believe it still isn't, but I could give you all the arguments in the world, they wouldn't be enough to convince you because your mind is set.

I could go into specifics but I don't really care enough.

LOL.

For someone who doesn't care, you post an awful lot about your hatred towards this era.

I don't think it is a "making a comic about your album". People seem to forget that all this was done simultaneously. The making of the comic and animation material, the making of the CD. It is as much making a comic about the album as it is making a CD about the comic. And this video was planned all along with it. The comic starts with Mylo as a silencer, which is after this video. Of course that alone can still mean that they made the video afterwards, but I read/heard them already a while ago about the animation video thing. The CD wouldn't be as it is if not for the comic. They are intertwined.

(still makes the ending with the ‘BUY ME’ bad, yeah)

THANK YOU. That's why it's not just a spin-off product. But it's like many people don't want to see that.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. OMG PEOPLE, LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A GENIUS OVER HERE.

I don't have the time right now to properly answer you, but please go f yourself, Brent, because you take everyone here who likes the video for dummies. Also, don't tell ME to open up my eyes, they're already wide open. I know marketing, I fckin study it for God's sake.

(Obviously it's a marketing gimmick, of course. I'm just okay with it being a marketing gimmick because it's still something the band has contributed to, it's still their idea and their concept. You see it in Chris' notebook, for instance. I know spin-off products, and it's not the classic "hey! You like our tv show ? Well now you can read the book! :cheesy: " kind of spin-off. They would have asked someone to write a novel for them, 3 months after the release of the album, without even being slightly a part of the process, I would have agreed with you. But you know this isn't true.)

Vas ma fille, vas!

No.

When I say that the bar is getting lower I'm saying that the quality of their exposure to the public is very very much lower than it used to be. I could go into specifics but I don't really care enough.

That's where I wanted to get! When they used to say they had to disappear between albums because of the exposure I agreed because If you are ALL the time in the media people will get sick of you. And they have never been so much on the media as on the last year, they did a 5 months festival tour that was broadcasted around the world, after that they released an album with a live broadcast on the internet, they played on the X factor, the Brit awards, the Grammy, announced a Live dvd of a show everyone has alredy seen on TV and YouTube and a "comic series" about an album everyone has alredy heard. And all this with only 12 new songs, they did all this shit only to release 12 songs!!!!!!!!!!!! I want new things, not just them selling the same things over and over again (remember they made you buy ETIAW and Major Minus twice?)... yeah, I guess that's it.

It's about time some of you focus on Radiohead and leave Coldplay alone if you're that unhappy. Just saying!

I'm not unhappy with their music, I still love this band.... and do you think I should leave just because I'm sharing my point of view? I love their music but I don't like everything they do. And I don't really like Radiohead, so no way I'll leave this place so soon...

ranking the MX videos:

1. ETIAW (Higlight: the splatter of colours)

2. PARADISE (Highlight: Elephant heads... weird but funny)

3. CHARLIE BROWN (Highlight: Xylobands)

4. HLH (Highlight: Comic style (though more of a promotion)

5. POC (Highlight: I guess it's the storyline)

I'm not unhappy with their music, I still love this band.... and do you think I should leave just because I'm sharing my point of view? I love their music but I don't like everything they do. And I don't really like Radiohead, so no way I'll leave this place so soon...

If you're not unhappy with their music, then of course you shouldn't leave them alone. Remark I said leaving them alone, not leaving this place. I don't own it. :)

My post was addressing those who claim the band sold out just b/c they want to do things that appeal to the mainstream. I love their music so much I want the whole world to know about it.

That's where I wanted to get! When they used to say they had to disappear between albums because of the exposure I agreed because If you are ALL the time in the media people will get sick of you. And they have never been so much on the media as on the last year, they did a 5 months festival tour that was broadcasted around the world, after that they released an album with a live broadcast on the internet, they played on the X factor, the Brit awards, the Grammy, announced a Live dvd of a show everyone has alredy seen on TV and YouTube and a "comic series" about an album everyone has alredy heard. And all this with only 12 new songs, they did all this shit only to release 12 songs!!!!!!!!!!!! I want new things, not just them selling the same things over and over again (remember they made you buy ETIAW and Major Minus twice?)... yeah, I guess that's it.

no one made you buy anything, no one is making you buy anything. if you don't want to buy and read the comics, then don't do it. that's fine.

but that doesn't mean it's wrong for Coldplay to try to promote something they've spent a few years developing and are probably pretty proud of. whether or not you see it like this, the comics ARE something new they're releasing; it's not music, but it's also not the same as selling toothbrushes or whatever it was that someone else here said earlier.

and i think it's difficult to judge how much media exposure they have when we are fans who follow almost every move the band makes. of course we are going to see all the stuff they do, that doesn't mean people who are not devoted fans notice it.

they still sort of disappear, it's just more difficult to see it now that they do things like the Roadie blogs. we as a fanbase are more connected with the band; even during their "breaks," we still get a lot of news from them about their progress, more than we ever have during previous eras.

You only realize it now ?!

I'm just saying it's getting worse. They're a mainstream band. They sell shit. I get it, but this is a commercial, not a music video.

For someone who doesn't care, you post an awful lot about your hatred towards this era.

I don't care to extrapolate, but I do care to share my opinion.

You don't need to attack me about it. Instead, share your own opinion.

I don't understand why if I think they're not good anymore, I'm a bad guy. Stop.

The slience army is the old fans.

ugh

My thoughts? It's ok, I guess. My expectations weren't super high for any other MX era material though, seeing as I have been disappointed in the past. Pretty colors and stuff, I didn't mind the level of 3D animation, I thought it was ok. Creating a fully animated video would have taken soooooo much more time, so I don't fault them for that.

The storyline is *ok*, doesn't explain much in my opinion other than introduce some of the characters. There was time available if the song wasn't cut.

Yeah, it's clear that it's an advertisement or promotion for the comic. Personally, this doesn't fuss me so much.

I'm more entertained by people getting buttmad for various reasons in this thread than the video though. That kinda says something

ugh

My thoughts? It's ok, I guess. My expectations weren't super high for any other MX era material though, seeing as I have been disappointed in the past. Pretty colors and stuff, I didn't mind the level of 3D animation, I thought it was ok. Creating a fully animated video would have taken soooooo much more time, so I don't fault them for that.

The storyline is *ok*, doesn't explain much in my opinion other than introduce some of the characters. There was time available if the song wasn't cut.

Yeah, it's clear that it's an advertisement or promotion for the comic. Personally, this doesn't fuss me so much.

I'm more entertained by people getting buttmad for various reasons in this thread than the video though. That kinda says something

But you aren't a true fan if you don't like everything they do.

/s

I don't understand why if I think they're not good anymore, I'm a bad guy. Stop.

That wasn't my point, stop playing the victim when you're the one nearly insulting people (not the band, I don't care about your opinion on the band, really, I mean people, fans). That was (one of) my point(s).

And I did share my opinion already. I answered you because I felt offended.

It's about time some of you focus on Radiohead and leave Coldplay alone if you're that unhappy. Just saying!

we are! its only when you explore some of the amazing stuff out there, be it alternative, psychedelic, punk etc or whatever else everyone is into here that you realise how mediocre coldplay's recent stuff is.

the fact is at the moment they're not the best band in the world nor the biggest. just because we see them filling stadiums doesn't mean other bands don't and can't. i was listening to some U2 the other day and i thought wow they can still come up with a masterpiece after over 30 years. now thats how you earn "the greatest" or "the best" etc. coldplay still have a looooong journey ahead to earn those titles and certainly not with anything like MX.

Except that that's just all a matter of opinion...

it's your opinion that Coldplay's recent stuff is mediocre, that U2 still comes up with a masterpiece, that a band is 'the best', etc and I don't share that opinion and probably coldplaymom doesn't either.

So I've figured it all out!

The way the world is gonna end:

Coldplay offends you with their music video

You offend other Coldplayers

Other Coldplayers offend Coldplayers who like Radiohead

Coldplayers who like Radiohead offend some random guy

Some random guy offends a Bieber fan

A Bieber fan offends everyone who isn't a Bieber fan

Everyone who isn't a Bieber fan offend all the 13 year old girls

All the 13 year old girls offend all the boys

All the boys offend the adults

The adults offend the leaders of all the countries

The leaders of all the countries offend all the citizens of all the other countries

The citizens of all the other countries offend the aliens

The aliens destroy the earth...

Moral of the story? Do not let Coldplay offend you.