✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again it seems some will adore and worship whatever the band comes up with. its not even an animation and they left jonny's riff out (best part of the song) which is fucking stupid and that alone goes to prove its nothing more than an ad.

So wait, if they hadn't announced the comic a few months ago at Comic-Con, but used this video to announce the comic instead, would your reactions be any different?

that doesn't change anything!! yeah we would have been very excited about the comics ( as we were) but the music video would still be rubbish.

to love everything they do just doesn't make sense to me

the comics=brilliant. absolutely fantastic idea. showcasing the band's creativity and genius.

HLH video=crap idea. bad execution. marketing gimmick.

Overall it seemed intended for the mainstream community, and that's quite a shame.

Coldplay is, was, and will continue to be one of the most 'mainstream' bands you can possibly listen to. What matters is whether or not the video was beautiful and it entertained you.

What does 'intended for the mainstream community' even mean? Are Coldplay supposed to shave half their heads and wear Doc Martens and sing angsty covers of of Montreal songs? Christ.

A lot of people here hated ETIAW and Paradise, but I loved it, loads hated the CB video(which I don't understand why) but I loved it, a lot also hated PoC's video but I enjoyed some of the visuals... But this shit is way too much, and this is not trying new things as you said, this is just a more polite way of selling you the coldplay toothbrush, right now I just want this era to get to an end, they seriously need a break from the media.

A lot of people here hated ETIAW and Paradise, but I loved it, loads hated the CB video(which I don't understand why) but I loved it, a lot also hated PoC's video but I enjoyed some of the visuals... But this shit is way too much, and this is not trying new things as you said, this is just a more polite way of selling you the coldplay toothbrush, right now I just want this era to get to an end, they seriously need a break from the media.

I think they're playing this game to see how low they can set the bar, while blind, deaf and dumb people will still buy into this garbage.

I listened to VLVODAAHF today from start to finish and it was so good! What happened?

I think they're playing this game to see how low they can set the bar, while blind, deaf and dumb people will still buy into this garbage.

I listened to VLVODAAHF today from start to finish and it was so good! What happened?

That post is making me question everything I ever thought about Mylo Xyloto! I must have been "blind, deaf, and dumb" before reading what Brent had to say!

Actually, you saying those kind of things doesn't change anyones opinion about anything...except maybe their opinion of you. I don't like things just because Coldplay did it. I like it because I like it.

Wow seriously? All you've done in the MX forum subsection since last October is whine about how terrible this whole era is. If you hate it SOO much then why waste your time here?

Anyone who even semi-enjoys the album is musically-retarded, is what you're saying? That's generalizing. I seem to remember a time where you really enjoyed the album.

Do I like MX? Yes. Is it their best? Of course not. I'm not sticking up for the album (because that's a death sentence here!), but I find it rather annoying how, if anyone likes the album/era, they are automatically an idiot in your mind.

Brent, you are a good person and you're :awesome:, but it seems you are looking for something to go on about on this thread.

No.

I'm saying that the album is just mediocre: It's the peripheral stuff that sets the bar lower and lower and lower and lower and lower. It's a joke.

Usually, I don't really care about the videos, but this one's just offensive to me. Coldplay is now a brand, and they're acknowledging it and marketing themselves as such. It's not about the music anymore: It's about selling shit.

When I say that the bar is getting lower I'm saying that the quality of their exposure to the public is very very much lower than it used to be. I could go into specifics but I don't really care enough.

Basically, MX is mediocre punch at a party, and this video is someone dropping a huge turd into it. Then trying to sell it to you.

That post is making me question everything I ever thought about Mylo Xyloto! I must have been "blind, deaf, and dumb" before reading what Brent had to say!

Actually, you saying those kind of things doesn't change anyones opinion about anything...except maybe their opinion of you. I don't like things just because Coldplay did it. I like it because I like it.

I'm saying that you'd have to be blind to not see the consumerist bullcrap they're doing here. It's stifling the integrity of the music.

If somone's opinion of me is malleable based on whether I like the new Coldplay single, I don't really care about winning them over.

No.

I'm saying that the album is just mediocre: It's the peripheral stuff that sets the bar lower and lower and lower and lower and lower. It's a joke.

Usually, I don't really care about the videos, but this one's just offensive to me. Coldplay is now a brand, and they're acknowledging it and marketing themselves as such. It's not about the music anymore: It's about selling shit.

When I say that the bar is getting lower I'm saying that the quality of their exposure to the public is very very much lower than it used to be. I could go into specifics but I don't really care enough.

Basically, MX is mediocre punch at a party, and this video is someone dropping a huge turd into it.

I'm not a fan of the video either. While I see your point about the brand part, I sincerely don't see them doing it past this video. But, I am not psychic. We'll find out eventually.

Otherwise -- yes. This is a trivial era.

i thought the video itself was great. it's not just a sort of ad, it's also a prequel, and it does a really great job of setting up the story without relying too heavily on text (there are the blurbs throughout, but i didn't bother reading half of them the first time through and it still made perfect sense to me). the entire world of the comic has been successfully set up in less than four minutes, and it has only made me even more excited for the actual comics. the animation was pretty cool, too.

the only thing about this video for me is that i watched it once and just knew that it would be better suited to ETIAW than HLH. and now i've watched it several times with ETIAW playing instead of HLH and it really does fit a lot better. :P

The idea seemed like a plan, but I honestly don't believe this is a direction Coldplay fits in. Making a comic about your album and including a music video to advertise it seems more of a stunt that Maroon 5 would do. Personally, this looks like another company inspired project like featuring Rihanna.

Looking at the music video, it was, well, OK. The artistic style and colours were great, but it felt more like a fan video rather then anything official.

Overall it seemed intended for the mainstream community, and that's quite a shame.

I don't think it is a "making a comic about your album". People seem to forget that all this was done simultaneously. The making of the comic and animation material, the making of the CD. It is as much making a comic about the album as it is making a CD about the comic. And this video was planned all along with it. The comic starts with Mylo as a silencer, which is after this video. Of course that alone can still mean that they made the video afterwards, but I read/heard them already a while ago about the animation video thing. The CD wouldn't be as it is if not for the comic. They are intertwined.

(still makes the ending with the ‘BUY ME’ bad, yeah)

And I don’t think I understand the remark about it seeming to be intended for the mainstream community. Do you mean that other work was intended for not-mainstream community or was not intended for anyone? Why would it be a shame to made a video for the mainstream?

I don't know how people can claim this music video is intended for the "mainstream audience".

If this video was put on MTV or any such channel people would be like "wtf is this, where's 16 and pregnant?" (cause MTV doesn't play music videos anymore) Mainstream people want a video like Charlie Brown, lights all over the place, people dancing and a couple making out and crap. Out of all the singles Coldplay have released from Mylo, my favorite is Charlie Brown. But I hated the video and I hated that Coldplay did something so mainstream as that video, because I'm used to the different videos Coldplay produce that isn't mainstream garbage. Yes I admit Coldplay have gone a bit mainstream but it doesn't mean that they don't still retain their style that makes them Coldplay. You'll never hear songs with lyrics such as Coldplay's on the radio.

Seeing the HLH it shows me that hope isn't lost for Coldplay. Yes it does feel like it's an ad for the comics. But it's THEIR comics. I didn't see anyone flip shit when they released the trailer for THEIR live film. That was an ad! It's saying "look we have a new dvd coming out, so you should like totally pre order it" Every music video that is released is technically an ad for their single. People hear it on the radio and they either buy it or download it illegally.

I'm sure there's a lot of people here who have friends who aren't crazy about Coldplay but have songs like viva la vida, paradise, ETIAW, etc. Because those songs are played on the radio as ads.

Fans here are just not happy that it's not the video they wanted. Coldplay is finally breaking out of their shell, doing what they want to do and not what others want to do. How long have their fans wanted them to admit they're amazing? And now they are and people are upset about it.

I think the video is amazing, and just because it's not what we're used to shouldn't' mean people should think less of it. This video fits with the likes of Strawberry Swing, Paradise, Life in Technicolor ii (my favorite video ever) etc.

I could ramble for ever about this and i'm sorry if it's a bit inconsistent, but people really need to stop hating on this era, this album, song, decisions and everything else. Coldplay are their own people, they want to make all their fans happy. But just because one person or a few are not, they're not here to serve you on a silver platter.

You hit the nail on the head. The video feels like an advert for something other than the song...

You hit the nail on the head. The video feels like an advert for something other than the song...

Well, I'd talk to Coldplay and tell them your complaints...but I'm just a fan like everyone else on this site. Sorry, but I doubt complaining here will help anything get changed, but maybe, who knows. *sigh* Everyone having different opinions about everything makes life so much more complicated...