✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it but I don't fully understand the story? Can some one tell me? :)

In a dystopian future, color is a crime. A group of rebels, Car Kids, have super powers that let them spread color and sound. They are however caught in the end by Major Minus , the bad guys in Silencia, however not all hope is lost as we see a young kid, Mylo, having also the color super power as he leaves his hand print on the window. This video is a prequel to the comics and to Mylo Xyloto story.

In a dystopian future, color is a crime. A group of rebels, Car Kids, have super powers that let them spread color and sound. They are however caught in the end by Major Minus , the bad guys in Silencia, however not all hope is lost as we see a young kid, Mylo, having also the color super power as he leaves his hand print on the window. This video is a prequel to the comics and to Mylo Xyloto story.

Wow. I would definitely rather see this to Taken 2!

Except that that's just all a matter of opinion...

it's your opinion that Coldplay's recent stuff is mediocre, that U2 still comes up with a masterpiece, that a band is 'the best', etc and I don't share that opinion and probably coldplaymom doesn't either.

well share your opinion with us then!

wow was Taken 2 bad because I was going to see that one

Hahah, I don't know, I'm going to see it and I'm excited because I'd loved the first one, I'm just saying I'd rather see a MX movie haha

yeah Taken was immense loved it too. but apparently 2 is shit :\ gotta watch it though

i was listening to some U2 the other day and i thought wow they can still come up with a masterpiece after over 30 years. now thats how you earn "the greatest" or "the best" etc.

I don't think that anything U2 have put out recently can be labelled a 'masterpiece'

Mmmm some interesting thoughts here people!!

I can only say from an 'older' fans perspective comics do not do it for me, I love coldplay for their music, always have and hopefully always will so have no interest in the comics at all.

I dont think MX is coldplay at their best either, listen to politik, amsterdam,clocks etc.

MX is catchy and lightens my mood and I would have liked it even if it wasnt them, but again HLH isnt my favourite, its too much like CB, I would prefer Major Minus myself.

Chris has said this is the most fun they've had making a record but from a fans point of view I hope they get a bit more 'grown-up' on their next album!

I hope the comic does good for them but its just not for me...

Roll on Album 6 :)

I haven't been much into this MX thing since the beginning, so I just can't like this video. It's so weird, I like most of the songs from the album but I don't like the 'packaging'. But after all, what matters is music, and it seems to me that they're still capable of putting together good songs, so... don't panic.

That's kind of stupid to say.

I disagree. The complaint is that Coldplay has become too commercial, they cater to the masses, they're no longer musical purists. If that's your opinion, then why waste time on them instead of focusing on bands that fit your taste so to speak? Radiohead is such a band as they never make an effort to attract new audiences. If anything, they've done everything they could to focus on their worshiping tight nit fanbase. I'm not picking on them, it's just just that the whining that I've been reading around here logically lead me to think that those whining might be very happy in Radiohead land.

we are! its only when you explore some of the amazing stuff out there, be it alternative, psychedelic, punk etc or whatever else everyone is into here that you realise how mediocre coldplay's recent stuff is.

the fact is at the moment they're not the best band in the world nor the biggest. just because we see them filling stadiums doesn't mean other bands don't and can't. i was listening to some U2 the other day and i thought wow they can still come up with a masterpiece after over 30 years. now thats how you earn "the greatest" or "the best" etc. coldplay still have a looooong journey ahead to earn those titles and certainly not with anything like MX.

If you feel that U2 has delivered masterpiece materiel after 30 years, then you and I have absolutely nothing to say to each other. That's a non-starter since I would never pay a penny to go to a U2 concert, let alone sit through their latest album. It's all a matter of taste, you see! I'm just saying, instead of wasting your time complaining about Coldplay and "what could have been", just go enjoy U2 and Radiohead. It's time better spent. Of couse, if you want to waste it on Coldplay, that's totally up to you. That was just a suggestion.

You don't need to attack me about it. Instead, share your own opinion.

I don't understand why if I think they're not good anymore, I'm a bad guy. Stop.

blind, deaf and dumb people will still buy into this garbage[/size][/b].

I listened to VLVODAAHF today from start to finish and it was so good! What happened?

Oh like you're not doing the same to people who actually enjoy this stuff?

Nice fallacy.

It's weird.

Most fans here have a very mixed response to this video, as can be seen by the poll.

But, the press and the reviews I have read so far all seem to like it and some even praise it.

Bit weird.

Mission accomplished, I'd say. Based on the poll in this thread, most fans have a positive response to this video.

If you feel that U2 has delivered masterpiece materiel after 30 years, then you and I have absolutely nothing to say to each other. That's a non-starter since I would never pay a penny to go to a U2 concert, let alone sit through their latest album. It's all a matter of taste, you see! I'm just saying, instead of wasting your time complaining about Coldplay and "what could have been", just go enjoy U2 and Radiohead. It's time better spent. Of couse, if you want to waste it on Coldplay, that's totally up to you. That was just a suggestion.

So, in short: if you have a different opinion from my own, don't talk to me?

REALLY?

I disagree. The complaint is that Coldplay has become too commercial, they cater to the masses, they're no longer musical purists. If that's your opinion, then why waste time on them instead of focusing on bands that fit your taste so to speak? Radiohead is such a band as they never make an effort to attract new audiences. If anything, they've done everything they could to focus on their worshiping tight nit fanbase. I'm not picking on them, it's just just that the whining that I've been reading around here logically lead me to think that those whining might be very happy in Radiohead land.

Sorry to interrupt this very important argument, but I think you spelled knit wrong. Not that it really matters...but it looks like you're trying to insult someone...haha!

How could people think this is mainstream? trying to entertain the masses? ITS A COMIC BOOK, THIS IS THE MOST INDIVIDUAl/ALTERNATIVE idea they've come up with yet! A COMIC BOOK! A very small portion of society like comic books.. they're not 'in' or 'cool'. But coldplay made one anyway and its boding well, better than i expected at least. i though only coldplay fans would be buying this...

How could people think this is mainstream? trying to entertain the masses? ITS A COMIC BOOK, THIS IS THE MOST INDIVIDUAl/ALTERNATIVE idea they've come up with yet! A COMIC BOOK! A very small portion of society like comic books.. they're not 'in' or 'cool'.

omg not sure if sarcastic or serious

How could people think this is mainstream? trying to entertain the masses? ITS A COMIC BOOK, THIS IS THE MOST INDIVIDUAl/ALTERNATIVE idea they've come up with yet! A COMIC BOOK! A very small portion of society like comic books.. they're not 'in' or 'cool'. But coldplay made one anyway and its boding well, better than i expected at least. i though only coldplay fans would be buying this...

I do agree with your comment. Personally I am comic book fan, so yet again another feature of the MX era I can relate to :) Dying, just dying to get my hands on the comic books :)