✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bahh

I don't understand why they keep shooting so low when we know they're capable of so much more. It's just so disappointing to see them kicking good music in the teeth. Terrible song, terrible video. Princess of China is better, and that had Rihanna's Barbadian feces smeared all over it.

The comic thing is the worst. I don't understand how a band that fills stadiums year-round can sell out again, but they seem to have done it.

Thanks for digging that up though :nice:

The video is not really bad... but it doesn't feel like a real video, everything is just so "immobile", how can you call that an animated ? It feels like a comercial for the comic... Well, better than princess of china, at least it fits a bit with the feeling of it the colors and everything.

PS: Hate the comics idea

The video is not really bad... but it doesn't feel like a real video, everything is just so "immobile", how can you call that an animated ? It feels like a comercial for the comic... Well, better than princess of china, at least it fits a bit with the feeling of it the colors and everything.

PS: Hate the comics idea

I agree. I like HLH. The video isn't bad, but seems like it's simply promoting the comic, rather than the song itself.

But, it could be our viewpoint. To anyone who has no idea about the comic book, I'm sure this looks original and all. But to us, it looks like a promotional ordeal (which it is).

Thank you for this! been waiting a long time. can't wait to notice the small things. also, does this mean we can start pre-ordering?

see the train numbered 42?

what I still don't understand is the xperia tie-up.

I like the song, but don't like the video. It's not bad, but it really look like a video just to promoting the comic book, not the music itself and that disappoint me so much. I expected a better video clip and more creative. Videos clips in this era disappoint me. Paradise video is the only good video from MX era.

I never cared about comics all that much, so I'm not thrilled about the comic book, but I was hoping something better for the video. If that one is the actual HLH video then I'm really disappointed. I mean, the animation is well done and all but I don't know, maybe it's not my cup of tea, maybe I'm too old for this :shrug: . I still love the song, though.

I like the song, but don't like the video. It's not bad, but it really look like a video just to promoting the comic book, not the music itself and that disappoint me so much. I expected a better video clip and more creative. Videos clips in this era disappoint me. Paradise video is the only good video from MX era.

I abso-fucking-lutely love ETIAW's video. Otherwise, I agree.

It's just a fucking ad. That's what's annoying about it.

its not just an ad, it a prequel to the comic book, telling the backing story first about mylo's parents.

i can't believe people dont like this.. coldplay all together have worked really hard on this and the end result will be breathtaking, just because its different and defying the norm. everyone does videos of them just singing or playing instruments, But not this time. its like another strawberry swing, they're joining the ranks of the Beatles. Albums are infinitely better when the have a story behind them, not like some of the crap you get these days.

its not just an ad, it a prequel to the comic book, telling the backing story first about mylo's parents.

i can't believe people dont like this.. coldplay all together have worked really hard on this and the end result will be breathtaking, just because its different and defying the norm. everyone does videos of them just singing or playing instruments, But not this time. its like another strawberry swing, they're joining the ranks of the Beatles. Albums are infinitely better when the have a story behind them, not like some of the crap you get these days.

People have different tastes/opinions. I appreciate the fact Coldplay are trying to create something different or new. It's always comforting to see your favourite band in a creative mood. The story seems cohesive and the plot seems strong, they match with the songs and all, but I can't just find the connection to it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I like MX the album, but comic books is something I never really liked. The HLH video is intrinsically related to the comic, therefore, I don't really like it. It doesn't mean it's bad. As with any other video, some people will like it, some people won't. Take the Paradise video for example, I love it cause I find it cute and funny, some other people hate it cause they find it childish or whatever, it's just a matter of taste, that's all.

It's an ad.

^ That's why the one reason Paradise was a hit:inquisitive:

Don't think you understand what I mean :nice: Paradise's video it's funny and make me smile. So, yeah, to me it's the best video from MX era.

I abso-fucking-lutely love ETIAW's video. Otherwise, I agree.

Yeah, the ETIAW's video is great too :)

To me, a video clip is to promote a song, not a comic book. I like the fact that Coldplay try something new. Usually, I really like animated video clip. In this case, it's not a success. They using Hurts Like Heaven to promot their comic book...And no, it's not like Strawberry Swing.