✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

I like most of MX. :) And it's hard to un-love the band. They mean a lot for me. I have two bands as favorite band. :P I couldn't have Arcade Fire as second. :lol:

Yeah Keane and Coldplay are both my favourite bands. I really can't decide between them. This album is a bit more "childish", as in it's attracting quite a few younger people (people my age :p), but since I like super serious music, if this was there first album, I don't think I would have fallen in love with them.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/10

I already said my opinion and I still not changed my mind. I just an ad, to promote the comic book, not the song itself. The video would be better if they cut the begginning and the end with the «coming early in 2013, the full story of Mylo».... Why they didn't just write an article to promote their comic book?!

About the video. I would have liked a full animated video, but it's ok. I like the multiple reference about the album (Car Kids, Major Minus, Mylo (...)) I think that it's really creative that there are a back story in common with the album. The story is interesting. Now, I want to know Mylo story's.

Having watched it in a better quality this time, I quite like it. :uhoh:

It's like being pulled through the comic book.

I don't think people realize how much time it takes to create an animation.

Coldplay Get Comical in New ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ Video

Coldplay have released their new video for ‘Hurts Like Heaven,’ a stunning animated clip set to the tune of their fifth single from ‘Mylo Xyloto.’

The video was directed by Mark Osborne (‘Kung Fu Panda’) and follows a graffiti gang as they rebel against Major Minus and his regime. The action-packed video incorporates vibrant colors and a 3D quality that sets it apart from the rest.

But this isn’t just your standard music video. It serves as the prequel to the story of Mylo Xyloto, which will be told in Coldplay’s highly anticipated six-part ‘Mylo Xyloto’ comic book series. The issues will be released on Matt Groening’s Bongo Comics on a monthly basis, beginning in February. Fans can pre-order the comic series now on the band’s official website.

According to Capitol Records, ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ will be the final single from the band’s fifth studio album, following hits like ‘Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall’ and ‘Paradise.’

But, with over six million copies sold worldwide, Coldplay isn’t stopping there. The band is set to unveil a brand new concert film/live album called ‘Live 2012.’ The CD/DVD will be available on Nov. 20, and the film will premiere on EPIX and its digital branches on Nov. 17.

link

-----------------

Coldplay Bring Comics to Life in 'Hurts Like Heaven'

New clip is based on drawings from 'Mylo Xyloto' series

Coldplay debuted their Mylo Xyloto comic series earlier this year, and now the band brings the drawings to life in the new video for Mylo cut "Hurts Like Heaven." A group of five superheroes goes on the run, escaping oppressive futuristic police with their colorful superpowers. They're eventually caught, leaving a world without inspiration. But a glimmer of hope survives, as a young boy seems to retain the same powers to preserve the rebels' legacy.

link

So wait, if they hadn't announced the comic a few months ago at Comic-Con, but used this video to announce the comic instead, would your reactions be any different?

I personally love this video because it really embraces both the comic and the story of Mylo Xyloto. I mean this video is as MX as it gets! Didn't we complain how the PoC video had nothing at all to do with the album?

I loved the little touches of the characters' connections, the wild abandon as they color Silencia and the reactions of the citizens to color. It sets up the stage for Mylo's story so well.

9/10 for me, only because they cut Jonny's solos. I'm disappointed about that as well.

I like it. I know that it looks like an ad for a comic, but I like that it has a story, and the animation is great - it's like a comic book comes alive in your imagination. Great work. I've never seen anything quite like that. It's something fresh and new they've done.

I was mostly talking about CB but in general the whole MX seems to me a more childish work...

[Ofc it's not childish because it's a comic...I read a lot of comics :D]

Oh okay :)

I watched an interview a while ago and Chris said it was a little "childish" because they had to grow up early to deal with paparazzi and stuff so this album was all that "childish" energy and enthusiasm.

I LOVE THE MX ERA AND EVERYTHING IN AND ABOUT IT.

I'm of a mixed opinion... On the one hand, I felt like it wasn't brilliant - it was good, yes, but nothing absolutely out of the ordinary. On the other hand, I feel like I'm trying to compare it to all their other videos, when really I should be trying to take it purely on its own merit. And if I go with the latter, then I think I actually really like it. Yes, I agree that it did feel a little like just an advert for the comics, but I also loved the story of it and thought that considering how difficult animation must be, it was actually very good.

Overall, I found myself really enjoying it. I think I might be biased because I'm a huge fan of 'individuals fighting back against the horrible oppressive regime' storylines :laugh3: but whilst this is not one of Coldplay's best, I still do like it. Quite a lot. And I can't wait to see the comics :D

Voted a 4.

The song is one of the highlights from Mylo (The album is rather mediocre), but this video... I don't know. The idea seemed like a plan, but I honestly don't believe this is a direction Coldplay fits in. Making a comic about your album and including a music video to advertise it seems more of a stunt that Maroon 5 would do. Personally, this looks like another company inspired project like featuring Rihanna.

Looking at the music video, it was, well, OK. The artistic style and colours were great, but it felt more like a fan video rather then anything official.

Overall it seemed intended for the mainstream community, and that's quite a shame.

For me the video is fine and the story is interesting (finally we discover the famous Car Kids, Silencers, Major Minus). It makes me want to read the comic.

But why the hell have they cut off the song, especially jonny's solos ? :veryangry2:

Hm, every time I start watching it I don't like it up until the middle. I feel it's stretched out.

But the very ending of the story when the Car Kids are rounded up gets me - it gets across the drama well, I think; with Aiko & Lela being separated and the robot cleaning the sparks.

And then the credits come and ruin all this build up :S Not mentioning the fact the song itself seems to be, what, 2:30 minutes long?

Also, I'd love HLH to have two different videos: one for televising and the mainstream consumption, maybe a live performance and the other based on the comics. Something like the Anton version of VLV.

I don't understand how some of you guys just make excuses for them at this point in some long-winded backwards-logic post on here. It's a marketing gimmick.

If the music video includes a link to your website to buy something, their motives are very clear.

The music can't speak for itself anymore. This is their low point: Let's hope they don't dredge any lower. What a disgrace.

Yes, because Pepsi advertises for Coke coke all the time.

Open your eyes.

Wow. OMG PEOPLE, LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A GENIUS OVER HERE.

I don't have the time right now to properly answer you, but please go f yourself, Brent, because you take everyone here who likes the video for dummies. Also, don't tell ME to open up my eyes, they're already wide open. I know marketing, I fckin study it for God's sake.

(Obviously it's a marketing gimmick, of course. I'm just okay with it being a marketing gimmick because it's still something the band has contributed to, it's still their idea and their concept. You see it in Chris' notebook, for instance. I know spin-off products, and it's not the classic "hey! You like our tv show ? Well now you can read the book! :cheesy: " kind of spin-off. They would have asked someone to write a novel for them, 3 months after the release of the album, without even being slightly a part of the process, I would have agreed with you. But you know this isn't true.)

Hm, every time I start watching it I don't like it up until the middle. I feel it's stretched out.

But the very ending of the story when the Car Kids are rounded up gets me - it gets across the drama well, I think; with Aiko & Lela being separated and the robot cleaning the sparks.

And then the credits come and ruin all this build up :S Not mentioning the fact the song itself seems to be, what, 2:30 minutes long?

Also, I'd love HLH to have two different videos: one for televising and the mainstream consumption, maybe a live performance and the other based on the comics. Something like the Anton version of VLV.

:nod:

I think my complaint is what you mentioned: nothing really exciting happens, considering the song is quite the cheery tune.

I don't have the time right now to properly answer you, but please go f yourself, Brent, because you take everyone here who likes the video for dummies. Also, don't tell ME to open up my eyes, they're already wide open. I know marketing, I fckin study it for God's sake.

(Obviously it's a marketing gimmick, of course. I'm just okay with it being a marketing gimmick because it's still something the band has contributed to, it's still their idea and their concept. You see it in Chris' notebook, for instance. I know spin-off products, and it's not the classic "hey! You like our tv show ? Well now you can read the book! :cheesy: " kind of spin-off. They would have asked someone to write a novel for them, 3 months after the release of the album, without even being slightly a part of the process, I would have agreed with you. But you know this isn't true.)

:nod: :nod:

:clap::clap::clap:

Haha wow, first time I see Celine raging! :lol::laugh3:

Yeah I agree with what you said :nod:

Still I don't like the video olol :awesome:

:nod: :nod: :thumbsup:

I don't adore the video, but I really like it. It's a good concept. The ending with the baby Mylo is very very cute in my opinion. :)

:nod: :nod: :thumbsup:

I don't adore the video, but I really like it. It's a good concept. The ending with the baby Mylo is very very cute in my opinion. :)

This is the only part about the video that I like, too. I mean it's rather cheesy, but it's cute :wacky: