✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

So, in short: if you have a different opinion from my own, don't talk to me?

REALLY?

Not really! I just find the statement so out there that there's really no point for me to dwell on it. I'm not going to find a common ground with someone claiming U2's latest work is a masterpiece, way better the Mylo Xyloto. My advice to them is to go enjoy U2. That's all.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to interrupt this very important argument, but I think you spelled knit wrong. Not that it really matters...but it looks like you're trying to insult someone...haha!

Ha! Never claimed to be the world's best speller. If someone is going to nitpick and call a misspell an insult, I won't lose sleep over it. :)

Everyone is free to post their own opinions. Some people's opinions really bug me, but if that's the way they feel, they should go ahead a post it.....even if it's offensive to me. They don't know me, so why bother trying to get them to change.

Sorry, random thought.

Ha! Never claimed to be the world's best speller. If someone is going to nitpick and call a misspell an insult, I won't lose sleep over it. :)

I actually don't care that you misspelled the word. I just don't think you (or anyone else) need to keep trying to defend your (their) point. I like the video, but it's no use trying to constantly defend my point.

well share your opinion with us then!
? I just don't agree that Coldplay's recent stuff is mediocre :confused: why would that matter? I was meaning with my remark that using subjective arguments like that (that I for example don't agree with) are not making a general point. I might be too picky but you said 'the fact' and made the whole thing look like a general consensus/fact, while it all sounded to me very subjective. I wouldn't call any of U2's work after 30 years of work, a masterpiece, for example. Neither do I agree that such a thing is needed for a band to earn the 'the best'. What makes a band the best one is subjective.

but coldplaymom already said that it was all a matter of taste.

Not really! I just find the statement so out there that there's really no point for me to dwell on it. I'm not going to find a common ground with someone claiming U2's latest work is a masterpiece, way better the Mylo Xyloto. My advice to them is to go enjoy U2. That's all.

no no i didn't mean their albums have been good or better than MX. if anything no line and how to dismantle were two of their weakest yet, but on those very two albums there are a few truly brilliant songs. and thats what i meant. U2 can still come up with great songs after decades. and honestly, you don't think 360 was worth going to?!

I actually don't care that you misspelled the word. I just don't think you (or anyone else) need to keep trying to defend your (their) point. I like the video, but it's no use trying to constantly defend my point.

That's what messageboards are for. We beat a subject to death then we move on to the next one. No big deal. As Chris would say, it's not like working in the mines :lol:

For better or worse, when someone quotes me, I feel like I have to respond, sometimes, not always.:)

That's what messageboards are for. We beat a subject to death then we move on to the next one. No big deal. As Chris would say, it's not like working in the mines :lol:

For better or worse, when someone quotes me, I feel like I have to respond, sometimes, not always.:)

It's more like beating it to death and continuing to beat it until it's dust that's scattered in the wind. :P oh well.

no no i didn't mean their albums have been good or better than MX. if anything no line and how to dismantle were two of their weakest yet, but on those very two albums there are a few truly brilliant songs. and thats what i meant. U2 can still come up with great songs after decades. and honestly, you don't think 360 was worth going to?!

Let's see! I'm going to be 50 at this month's end. The last time I went to a concert before Coldplay was in the early 1990s. It was a stadium concert in Foxboro, MA with Elton John, Sting, Don Henley, Jimmy Buffet, Melissa Etheridge, etc... Since I became a mom in 1995, I live my life within a 3-4 miles radius, between my kids' school, the store, the gym, the church. I do my work at home. We're in a rural area where public transportation is miles away, so I really, really have to love a band to even dress up and figure out trains and buses to get to a concert. So far, only Coldplay has been able to accomplish that fit.

I respect Bono as a humanitarian. While I have all of Coldplay's albums and EPs, I don't own a single U2's album. I tried to watch 1 of their 360 concerts on youtube and got bored quickly. While I like a couple of their songs, I couldn't possibly listen to any of their albums from start to finish like I do with Coldplay.

So as we've been saying all along, it's just a matter of taste. The Coldplay sound (old and new) just reaches me in a way that U2's never did. I used to look for upbeat music for my workouts, but now I can exercise or walk for hrs listening to Coldplay music and interviews and giggle like a little girl (remember I'm going to be 50 at month's end). Beauty indeed is the eye of the beholder. Cheers!

It's more like beating it to death and continuing to beat it until it's dust that's scattered in the wind. :P oh well.

You're exaggerating. I can think of futile subjects that have gone on for ever. At least this one helps me examine why I'm so deeply in love with Coldplay. That's a plus!:)

Sooooooo who's excited for the comic? :D I know I am! I preordered the subscription version without the lithograph. Too expensive!

I actually wanted to pre-order the version with the lithograph, but the shipping costs were ridiculous to say the least! I opted for pre-order of all the comics. I think they are gonna be awesome and a true collector´s item! I look forward to the digital downloads as well!

gave it a 4/10

the song is cut short in a very annoying way. I love the song in its enterity so I think I'll look forward to the live 2012 video of it & consider it the official video.

I would love the video to be fully animated. It wasn't. It showed that the comics are going to be really good, but it added nothing to the song!

The plain ad at the end was quite silly. It will stay in the video years after the comics are over & done with. That's funny in a sad way.

gave it a 4/10

the song is cut short in a very annoying way. I love the song in its enterity so I think I'll look forward to the live 2012 video of it & consider it the official video.

I would love the video to be fully animated. It wasn't. It showed that the comics are going to be really good, but it added nothing to the song!

The plain ad at the end was quite silly. It will stay in the video years after the comics are over & done with. That's funny in a sad way.

The comics will always be there just like the video, so say If someone watches this years later and find interest in the story he or she will know that the band made theses comics and it can be acquired if that person desires to do so.