✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MYLO'S BIRTHDAY

whackanalien25

1 year already, wow. I don't really remember the first listen very much, maybe partly because I'd already heard most of the songs from live performances. I did listen to it when it leaked on the 17th (or 18th? I don't remember :lol:) but I bought it properly on the day of release.

I do remember walking to HMV and there being hundreds of copies still available because it didn't look like anyone was actually buying it :laugh3: The people in the store are Coldplay fans I think though, because they had random Coldplay songs playing on shuffle and I heard Sparks and Politik! As for the album, I remember being really underwhelmed by DLIBYH, UFO and UWTB, but I guess they grew on me after a few listens.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday Mylo....:bliss:

I discovered Coldplay thanks that, firts song that i heard of Coldplay was Paradise, and then CB, and i fall in love with them. I listened MX as last. i begun with Arobtth, then Viva, X e Y and Parachutes. But i finish with Mx, and it's the onethat i listen more.

Every time i'm very lost and tired of the world, of the city, of that no sense grafitti and the tram tram of every day, i listen mx and it give me power for all the day. It's energical....:)

Ohh, I love Us against the world, it's the best of the best!:)

Thanks Coldplay:)

Glad someone already started this thread! I´ll be celebrating MX one-year anniversary today by listening to the whole album with my good pair of earphones, then tomorrow I´ll head to the library to try and listen to the vinyl of my pop-up edition. Mylo has become my absolute favorite album of all times, mostly for personal reasons, as every song matched so well with what happened to me in 2011-2012: a crazy but amazing year!

One year ago I waltzed into the store in the morning and bought both cover versions of MX, while waiting for the pop-up edition. I gave one CD to my mum, the other I kept for myself and I got a poster from the local store: it´s been hanging in my living room ever since, together with the coldplay cover of ETIAW permanently on my living room table and my MX mug for my daily tea! To celebrate, here are a few pics of MX - one year in my life :)

A5-uT81CIAA70uy.jpg

People who complain and ask when will the tour be over, will probably be sad when it actually comes to an end. I know I will. This era has been a blast so far. I wake up every morning, sometimes hurting bad. But still no matter what happens, I know I can't throw in the towel. Sometimes life does hurt us bad, but still we need to raise the flag. You know. Keep fighting on, until your strength is gone. Mylo gives us light in our dark times. I know after attending one of their concerts it was the most amazing spectacle i have ever seen. If there's one thing I will remember about Coldplay, it will be how this era stood out as the most energy filled, colorful and visual experience. Today, i will listen to Mylo Xyloto all day. And enjoy it to the fullest.

Ahhh it's already been a year?!

I remember being so excited waiting for it to be released. Listening to the leak and thinking "mehh". Then buying the CD and listening to it and trying to like it. Haha I even posted pictures of myself here posing with it.

It has good moments, but too many crappy songs that I just ended up giving the CD away. I hear enough of it on the radio.

But happy 1 year myloooo

remember that day

bought the running man shirt with it in the shop, came home and listened to it to prepare myself for the concert that December.

Got the pop-up for Christmas and I still don't know if I can like that one

so my fun about mylo is merely the song they played at Rock Werchter before I heard the album and that I saw them a few months later and that they all laughed at me

Happy Birthday MX. While you are not my favorite Coldplay album ( for reasons I won't get into) it was a lot of fun here on Coldplaying waiting for the leak and they hype of actually going and getting it a year ago today. I remember getting up and going out in the pouring rain to good 'ol Target to get the MX cd/running man t-shirt combo. While this cd isn't in constant rotation in my car like Coldplay's past cds, I will always love it because of all the fun I had on here before and during its release. :)