✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT, USA

Tash

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:just talked to my mom's cousin, he's a VIP at Mohegan.. He's gonna try to find more info on this for me. He said they'll typically set aside free tickets for VIP members and they have to show ID when they go get the tickets. Hopefully it's something we can all get in on though... I'll keep you guys updated on this mystery presale lol

Edit:[/color][/b]just talked to my mom's cousin, he's a VIP at Mohegan.. He's gonna try to find more info on this for me. He said they'll typically set aside free tickets for VIP members and they have to show ID when they go get the tickets. Hopefully it's something we can all get in on though... I'll keep you guys updated on this mystery presale lol

THANK YOU! :D

Just got a tweet/mention from @mohegansun:

@daynamari Ticketmaster's venue presale listing was not legitimate. There will not be a presale for Coldplay. We apologize for the confusion

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!O!OO!O!O!O! How am i Going to get tickets now? :(

I guess i wil have to stay home.... :\

I think this may be helpful for us, but I am not sure. Seems every good seat is always gone right when they go on sale nowadays. I wish more bands that really cared for their ACTUAL fans sold them through their own website for close up seats. Prince did it for a while and I had 8 shows on the Musicology Tour that I had either 1st or 2nd row. Those days sadly are gone. I am guessing when most of us try to but tix right at 10 am ET, we will be a long ways from the stage. The best bet I have learned nowadays is get your seats (wherever they are) and hope that the VIP areas in the front did not get swooped up and upgrade at the show. Just a tough risk to take flying across country to see a show with all the other money that it takes just to get there...

Yes and no. Way less people will try to get tickets for this one. BUT, it's a very tiny arena. 10,000 capacity. Hell, that almost doesn't even qualify as an arena. So you have half as many good seats to fight for.

Still, I'd say more yes than no.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Barclay's Center considerably smaller than MSG, the old Long Island Coliseum and other "arena" sized venues in the NYC metro area? I think those tix are going to be WAY hard to come by (at least at face value), especially since it's been since 2008 since they played a headline show in NYC and since 2006 since they played one open to the general public.

Also, FWIW the Mohegan Sun Arena is routinely rated as one of the top arenas in the country in terms of sightlines and acoustics.

I think this may be helpful for us, but I am not sure. Seems every good seat is always gone right when they go on sale nowadays. I wish more bands that really cared for their ACTUAL fans sold them through their own website for close up seats. Prince did it for a while and I had 8 shows on the Musicology Tour that I had either 1st or 2nd row. Those days sadly are gone. I am guessing when most of us try to but tix right at 10 am ET, we will be a long ways from the stage. The best bet I have learned nowadays is get your seats (wherever they are) and hope that the VIP areas in the front did not get swooped up and upgrade at the show. Just a tough risk to take flying across country to see a show with all the other money that it takes just to get there...

The simple answer then is not to "fly across country" to see a show. If you want to do something extraordinary like that, great, more power to you, but if it's not worth it to you, why put yourself through the expense or the anguish?

Even without secondary sellers and ticket scalping, there are always going to be people who get stuck at the back. Everyone wants to be near the stage, yet only a small portion of tickets qualify. For a popular show that fills or nearly fills a venue, most people will have "bad" seats, that's just a fact of arena shows. Again, if that really agitates you, wouldn't you be better off staying home? :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Barclay's Center considerably smaller than MSG, the old Long Island Coliseum and other "arena" sized venues in the NYC metro area? I think those tix are going to be WAY hard to come by (at least at face value), especially since it's been since 2008 since they played a headline show in NYC and since 2006 since they played one open to the general public.

Also, FWIW the Mohegan Sun Arena is routinely rated as one of the top arenas in the country in terms of sightlines and acoustics.

I just googled it... apparently Madison Square's capacity is 18,200 and Barclay's is 18,103... so I guess it depends on what you mean by considerably ;) I still think the tickets for that show are going to be really hard to get though.

The simple answer then is not to "fly across country" to see a show. If you want to do something extraordinary like that, great, more power to you, but if it's not worth it to you, why put yourself through the expense or the anguish?

Even without secondary sellers and ticket scalping, there are always going to be people who get stuck at the back. Everyone wants to be near the stage, yet only a small portion of tickets qualify. For a popular show that fills or nearly fills a venue, most people will have "bad" seats, that's just a fact of arena shows. Again, if that really agitates you, wouldn't you be better off staying home? :)

You are kind of missing my point. What I was trying to say is that nowadays we don't have a shot at the close-up tickets. Back in the day you could camp outside a ticket window and you were about 95% sure to get great tickets. Or if you were logged on right at the sell time you had a decent chance to get pretty good seats.Now the only way you can get those duckets is to have a large bank account or know somebody who has a inside source. I ain bitching just about Coldplay, every big act is to blame it seems.

You are kind of missing my point. What I was trying to say is that nowadays we don't have a shot at the close-up tickets. Back in the day you could camp outside a ticket window and you were about 95% sure to get great tickets. Or if you were logged on right at the sell time you had a decent chance to get pretty good seats.Now the only way you can get those duckets is to have a large bank account or know somebody who has a inside source. I ain bitching just about Coldplay, every big act is to blame it seems.

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to be harsh with you. It's just that as you said, the entire concert industry has changed, and I'm always a bit bewildered when I hear people complaining about it while at the same time ignoring the one true power they have-that of the consumer. The only way things will ever change is if the industry faces economic hardship from the current model over the long term. Similar to what happened to the recorded music industry, where digital distribution is finally starting to be truly embraced-simply because the industry had no alternative. We all have tremendous power as consumers, but only if we choose to use it.

Sometimes Coldplay reserves the first 1-3 or so rows so that roadies can give those front row seats away to real fans. Happened to me when I saw them in dc!

Sometimes Coldplay reserves the first 1-3 or so rows so that roadies can give those front row seats away to real fans. Happened to me when I saw them in dc!
That's cool.. How does a person at a show end up talking with a roadie? I am hoping for the best in 45 minutes via Ticketmaster... Good luck to everyone trying to get tix this morning...

Well that went as bad as possible. On the site right at 10am. All floor and lower level gone. Nosebleed seats for full price were all that was available. How in the hell does this happen that fast? Right at 10am, nothing available. My god is that depressing... BAH!

floor and lower level tickets are still available. But they are $350 - 600 per ticket. Ridiculous. They are in the platinum seating section

nevermind. I first pulled up two tickets on my android ticketmaster app, and i went to purchase them and it said "sorry, please try again" and brought me back to the search page... which is when i had to resort to getting a single ticket because there were no pairs left... turns out the card HAD been charged... so i have two tickets in 103 and one ticket in section 14... uhhhhh. trying to call ticketmaster but it's busy busy busy.

as much as I'd like to sit in section 14, the tickets are a christmas gift to me from my mom (yeah, I bought my own gift with her money... she doesn't know how to use the "interwebs" and told me to buy them)... we're going together... so I'm gonna try to get the single ticket refunded.

on that note, I highly recommend against using the ticketmaster or livenation apps on android phones ;)

and yeah, that was hell trying to get those tickets. the platinum seats are crap... well not the seats, but the greedy prices.

That's cool.. How does a person at a show end up talking with a roadie? I am hoping for the best in 45 minutes via Ticketmaster... Good luck to everyone trying to get tix this morning...

First thing you should do is MAKE shirts or posters for the concert. Try to make it unique so that it may catch their eye. Once you do that, get to the venue early and walk around the halls as much as possible! If you're really determined, I'd even keep walking around while the opening band is playing.

Roadies won't be dressed like the event staff, they're usually wearing dark clothes and my may even spot a backstage MX pass on them somewhere. Most roadies walk around in the nose bleed sections to try to find people to upgrade.

Lastly, if you see a roadie upgrading someone, I wouldn't recommend to go up to the roadie afterwards to ask for tickets. Just let them confront you!

Hope those tips help!