✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT, USA

Tash

Coldplay Returns To U.S. For Three Final 2012 Shows Including A Very Special New Year's Eve Concert With JAY Z

On Monday, December 31, Coldplay will round off a memorable year by performing a very special co-headline show with JAY Z at Barclays Center, Brooklyn.

The New Year's Eve show will be preceded by two headline shows for the band, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT on December 29 and at Barclays Center, Brooklyn on December 30. Naturally 7 will be the supporting act for the December 29 and 30 shows. The three year-end dates mark Coldplay's only remaining US shows for 2012.

This will be the second time in two years that Coldplay has celebrated the new year with long-term friend and collaborator JAY Z, the band having shared the bill with him at a Las Vegas concert in 2010. More recently, JAY Z performed onstage with Coldplay at the spectacular London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony.

The two Brooklyn dates also mark the first shows that Coldplay has put on sale in NYC since September 2005.

Tickets for the Uncasville show will go on sale on Friday, November 16, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Tickets for the two Brooklyn shows will go on sale on Saturday, November 17, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Citi® cardmembers will also have access to presale tickets for the two Brooklyn shows beginning Tuesday, November 13, at 10 AM ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details visit http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

link

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaycp.jpg

Three new US shows - including NYE with JAY Z

11 November 2012 8:11 pm

Band to round-off 2012 with three December concerts

news_line.png

Good evening. We're pleased to announce that, on Monday, 31 December, Coldplay will round off a memorable year by performing a very special co-headline show with JAY Z at Barclays Center, Brooklyn.

The New Year's Eve show will be preceded by two headline shows for the band, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT on 29 December and at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn on 30 December. Naturally 7 will be the support act at the December 29 and 30 shows.

This will be the second time in two years that Coldplay has celebrated new year with long-term friend and collaborator JAY Z, the band having shared the bill with him at a Las Vegas concert in 2010. More recently, JAY Z performed onstage with Coldplay at the spectacular London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony.

The two Brooklyn dates also mark the first Coldplay shows that have been put on sale in NYC since September 2005.

Tickets for the Uncasville show will go on sale on Friday, November 16, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Tickets for the two Brooklyn shows will go on sale on Saturday, November 17, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Citi® cardmembers will also have access to presale tickets for the two Brooklyn shows beginning Tuesday, November 13, at 10 AM ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details visit http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

Anchorman

Im wondering if tix will be easier to get there than in Brooklyn?

Yes and no. Way less people will try to get tickets for this one. BUT, it's a very tiny arena. 10,000 capacity. Hell, that almost doesn't even qualify as an arena. So you have half as many good seats to fight for.

Still, I'd say more yes than no.

Yes and no. Way less people will try to get tickets for this one. BUT, it's a very tiny arena. 10,000 capacity. Hell, that almost doesn't even qualify as an arena. So you have half as many good seats to fight for.

Still, I'd say more yes than no.

Just looked up Barclay and they have a little over 18,000 capacity. Of course some seats will be taken away by the X stage.

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I'm so excited! and so happy I didn't book a trip home to Connecticut yet :) I was planning on going earlier but ummm I'll just go when Coldplay is there <3

I just wish I could have known about this sooner... I'd have tried to go to all 3 shows but I don't think I have enough money to get 6 tickets this week

I really hope I can go!

I saw them in Boston this past summer, so I wonder if the sets for these shows will be much different than the MX Tour. I know the charity shows of winter 2010 were pretty regular with the addition of Christmas Lights. Maybe they'll play some new songs that will come out with the comic books?

Thanks! Ok does anyone know if it will be continuation of MX tour just closing out? ALso ticket wise what are people buying..? Also since theres only two ticket prices does that mean General admission I am so hoping for that.

Waaahhh I'm in NY over New Years eve. This would be great!!!! Does anybody know how much these tickets will cost? I've been looking for prices from their last show but haven't found anything... :cry:

Ticketmaster hasn't added this one to their website yet but I guess it will be the same as the first NY one: $49.50 - $149.50

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri, 11/16/12 10:00 AM EST

Venue Presale

Start: Thu, 11/15/12 10:00 AM EST

End: Thu, 11/15/12 10:00 PM EST

Price range: US $95.00 - US $150.00

US $95.00 Ticket + US $16.95 Fees = US $111.95

US $150.00 Ticket + US $18.10 Fees = US $168.10

link

I'm wondering what they mean by Venue Presale. Coldplay.com only said the two NYC shows would have the Citi presale... and Ticketmaster says nothing about a presale for the 12/31 show. I wonder if the venue presale is for people with players points on their Mohegan Sun players cards? Or does that mean you can buy them on Thursday if you're there in person? The website for the arena says nothing about it. I wish they'd be more specific :angry: I'm so confused!

ETA: I've sent an inquiry to Mohegan Sun via their website AND facebook to see if they can clarify for me... I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

I'm wondering what they mean by Venue Presale. Coldplay.com only said the two NYC shows would have the Citi presale... and Ticketmaster says nothing about a presale for the 12/31 show. I wonder if the venue presale is for people with players points on their Mohegan Sun players cards? Or does that mean you can buy them on Thursday if you're there in person? The website for the arena says nothing about it. I wish they'd be more specific :angry: I'm so confused!

ETA: I've sent an inquiry to Mohegan Sun via their website AND facebook to see if they can clarify for me... I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

I did the same thing. No response yet.. Please keep us informed if you hear anything..

Thanks,

Chad

I did the same thing. No response yet.. Please keep us informed if you hear anything..

Thanks,

Chad

I will. I responded to a comment you wrote on Facebook (not sure if I responded on Mohegan's page or the Coldplay event page) telling you the same thing (unless it was another Chad).. haha. But I will absolutely keep you posted :)