✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I just got a single ticket when I thought I was getting two... (probably the biggest screwup of my life)

I guess I can try to get CHEAP tickets on Saturday since I'm almost at my credit limit and then sell the one I got at face value or slightly under. otherwise I guess I'm going alone

edit: surprisingly, they refunded me. I'll be trying to get tickets on Saturday with you guys... good luck, hopefully we all can get some affordable seats...

I won't be in full worry mode until after the general sale. But I checked Stubhub, there hasn't been that many sales and the tickets that sold were in the lower priced sections. So I think sales are slow.

Jay Z just played a bunch of shows here on October and those sold out in a day. Those shows are also one of the reasons sales are slow.

I'm not sure why sales for this are slow, I mean, look back to 2010 when Coldplay and Jay-Z played in Vegas on NYE. I'm pretty sure Kanye, Beyonce, and a bunch of other artists made special appearances during the show. This is gonna be CRAZY!

I'm thinking about going to the show on the 29th in Connecticut, but I also don't want to go alone. But idk.. it can't be that bad!

That's what I was thinking too - Kanye and Bey for sure have to be there, right? And Kim and Gwyneth too...they wouldn't NOT be there with their partners for NYE, right?

I keep telling my husband this is like the time my parents drove 8 hours to see Michael Jackson. I HAVE to get tickets.

I really do hope we all find tickets on Saturday morning. I don't think it makes sense to search for best seats anywhere since I won't be paying $500 each ticket...anyone have any good strategies?

That's what I was thinking too - Kanye and Bey for sure have to be there, right? And Kim and Gwyneth too...they wouldn't NOT be there with their partners for NYE, right?

I keep telling my husband this is like the time my parents drove 8 hours to see Michael Jackson. I HAVE to get tickets.

I really do hope we all find tickets on Saturday morning. I don't think it makes sense to search for best seats anywhere since I won't be paying $500 each ticket...anyone have any good strategies?

My best Ticketmaster strategy is to keep going for what you want, even if you don't get them at first. For these, try to get the $113 tickets instead of the two lower price levels, since there aren't many of those tickets behind the stage. Then at least you'll have a great upper level view of the concert!

Try to use the fastest computer you can, so plug into Ethernet and try it on a campus or office computer if possible because they have the best internet connections. Do a Ctrl+F5 refresh so that the ticket selection box shows up right at 10am. If you want the $113 tickets, make sure you select that instead of doing Best Available. And if they don't show up the first time around, keep trying for the next 10-20 minutes because sometimes they drop tickets a little later than the onsale time, or people release their ticket selections from their cart. A lot of persistence, two computers, and even friends and family helping you on Saturday morning will definitely pay off :)

GOOD LUCK!!

I don't see ticket sales as slow - it's only pre-sale and the lower priced tix are going fast. It's only the $550 tix that are moving slow, but that is to be expected b/c who has the $550 (x2) to blow on a concert! And those who might may be trying to get for cheaper first.

My best Ticketmaster strategy is to keep going for what you want, even if you don't get them at first. For these, try to get the $113 tickets instead of the two lower price levels, since there aren't many of those tickets behind the stage. Then at least you'll have a great upper level view of the concert!

Try to use the fastest computer you can, so plug into Ethernet and try it on a campus or office computer if possible because they have the best internet connections. Do a Ctrl+F5 refresh so that the ticket selection box shows up right at 10am. If you want the $113 tickets, make sure you select that instead of doing Best Available. And if they don't show up the first time around, keep trying for the next 10-20 minutes because sometimes they drop tickets a little later than the onsale time, or people release their ticket selections from their cart. A lot of persistence, two computers, and even friends and family helping you on Saturday morning will definitely pay off :)

GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you SO much...truly appreciate it. Going to round up as many people as possible. It is for my birthday after all, so all I need it some help getting the tkts!

HOLY SHIT. Checked for two tickets again. Got section 9, row 5....INSANE. I sat here thinking and thinking, do I take them? Do I let them go? What to do...Ended up getting them.

Booked the flights on points. Have a ridiculous hotel reservation - need to find a way to save some money on that. But at least we have tickets and flight!! Cannot believe we are doing this. Hope the show is incredible. Gonna be one of those stories we tell the grandkids, I think.

All I can say is keep trying - it was COMPLETELY random. And although they are about $100 more than I wanted to spend, at least I have them and they're not obstructed or behind the stage.

GOOD LUCK to all of you guys!!!

Methinks there's a glitch with the ticket sale, not that it's all gone, so have patience guys and keep checking.

EDIT: Yep, a glitch in the system, even the Platinum tix are saying 'Tickets Not Available Online". Hope it comes up for everyone soon!

I got lucky with the live nation app, selected the citi preferred tickets and got myself 200 level row 1 tickets though they are side viewed. I'm just happy to get my ass into the building at a reasonable price.

For Citi preferred, there are also tickets in section 21 rows 10 & above too. I threw those back b/c I didn't want them. I want to allow myself 2 more tickets if I find something else I want.

I got lucky with the live nation app, selected the citi preferred tickets and got myself 200 level row 1 tickets though they are side viewed. I'm just happy to get my ass into the building at a reasonable price.

For Citi preferred, there are also tickets in section 21 rows 10 & above too. I threw those back b/c I didn't want them. I want to allow myself 2 more tickets if I find something else I want.

What price level was the ticket you bought?

I didn't even pull up anything with the Citi Preferred, hmm, does the app use a different backend?

(I already have a ticket, just checking to see!)

I got impatient with TicketMaster and went to stubhub... spent $319 on two tickets to be in section 228 row 2... more than I wanted to spend. Have to re-budget for the next two months now :) For something like this, I act first, think later. But seriously, how the hell are there no tickets available within 30 seconds of going on sale?!

I'm so excited :)

Seems like tickets were up for a few seconds (couple of minutes) b/c I pulled a $168 seat in sec 105, but now it seems like it's down again.

I searched "coldplay jayz" on twitter, and people (not many though) are tweeting that they were able to get tickets this morning. Unless they were citi preferred members?

Dutch people can win tickets at Q-music:

Win Q-live tickets voor Coldplay in New York!

Maandag 31 december 2012, New Year’s Eve, Barclays Center, New York

Je kunt Oud & Nieuw op allerlei manieren vieren. Met je schoonouders aan de oliebollen, met je vrienden naar een vet schuurfeest… of je kunt naar Coldplay… in New York. Echt, het kan, Q regelt het voor je. Moet je wel even naar de Q-top 1000 luisteren, maar da’s geen straf toch?!

WIN

Op maandag 31 december 2012, New Year’s Eve dus, staat Coldplay in het gloednieuwe Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. En daar kun jij dus gewoon bij zijn. En o ja, Jay-Z komt ook nog even een moppie meedoen op het podium. Hoe cool is dat?! Q regelt alles voor je: de reis, het hotel en natuurlijk 2 tickets voor die vette gig in de best denkbare stad om het nieuwe jaar in te gaan.

Hoe je deze vette prijs kunt winnen, en ook de allernieuwste dvd ‘Coldplay Live 2012’, dat hoor je deze hele week de Q-top 1000 op de voet volgt.

link

What price level was the ticket you bought?

I didn't even pull up anything with the Citi Preferred, hmm, does the app use a different backend?

(I already have a ticket, just checking to see!)

No problem asking. lol.

The phone app sale started a minute or so before the regular web one. I had my phone app and two windows on my computer (chrome + 1 incognito). I got $99.50 tickets. The section 22 tickets were $249.50.

No problem asking. lol.

The phone app sale started a minute or so before the regular web one. I had my phone app and two windows on my computer (chrome + 1 incognito). I got $99.50 tickets. The section 22 tickets were $249.50.

Ah Ok, was just curious since I have a ticket in 222 at $99.50 but it is row 17.

Ah Ok, was just curious since I have a ticket in 222 at $99.50 but it is row 17.

I think the prices are different because mine are in Section 226, which is kinda side view.

Well, now to the next step. Planning something to wear. Coldplay-festive day-glo holiday jumpers?