✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there will be more tickets available closer to the date...does it say sold out yet?

There's a pretty good chance there will be some available in the days leading up to the concert. That's when they release all the unused band/venue/promoter holds. If you're too impatient though, stubhub is the only option :(

I feel like a majority of the tickets were sold via presale, so that's why it seemed like there were none available this morning.

Stubhub has almost 6,000 tickets available online right now...the other day it was almost 4,000. If you just want to 'be' there, I think there are some 'reasonable' options. But keep checking. Honestly, I was SHOCKED when I got mine through Internet pre-sale.

So I went ahead and bought a ticket for Stubhub for $230. Section 226 Row 10. Like the Dec 30 show if I wind up getting finding something better I can get it and be confident I can resell this ticket for about the same price on Stubhub, especially when we get closer to the ticket

But I've been burned way too many times by waiting to get soldout tickets (A month ago I paid triple face value by a scalper for nosebleed seats at the door for a concert when I coulda paid less if I just bit on Craigslist offers that were merely twice as much) Worth the risk cause this will be an amazing show and I haven't seen a MX Coldplay show in person yet.

Man, this seemed like the strangest ticket sale - for a big arena like this you can usually pull a single fairly easily early on, at least after the initial rush - speaking of which, if there is a rush you usually have that Waiting circle for a few minutes. Also $550/floor tix usually appear...not even seeing those in the Platinum tab.

Also find it weird there's no VIP package for NYE, but there are for the 30th, unless everyone on the 31st is VIP. :cool:

Edit: Got an e-mail a half hour ago...my ticket has been printed! :D

Dutch people can win tickets at Q-music:

Win Q-live tickets voor Coldplay in New York!

Maandag 31 december 2012, New Year’s Eve, Barclays Center, New York

Je kunt Oud & Nieuw op allerlei manieren vieren. Met je schoonouders aan de oliebollen, met je vrienden naar een vet schuurfeest… of je kunt naar Coldplay… in New York. Echt, het kan, Q regelt het voor je. Moet je wel even naar de Q-top 1000 luisteren, maar da’s geen straf toch?!

WIN

Op maandag 31 december 2012, New Year’s Eve dus, staat Coldplay in het gloednieuwe Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. En daar kun jij dus gewoon bij zijn. En o ja, Jay-Z komt ook nog even een moppie meedoen op het podium. Hoe cool is dat?! Q regelt alles voor je: de reis, het hotel en natuurlijk 2 tickets voor die vette gig in de best denkbare stad om het nieuwe jaar in te gaan.

Hoe je deze vette prijs kunt winnen, en ook de allernieuwste dvd ‘Coldplay Live 2012’, dat hoor je deze hele week de Q-top 1000 op de voet volgt.

link

Yeah! :D I'm gonna try to win those tickets, at least :)

any clues on when the Amazon competition is revealing?

The Prize Draw closes at midnight on Sunday, December 2 2012. The Prize winner shall be selected randomly by Amazon.co.uk after the Prize Draw Period. The winner will be notified by e-mail within one day of being selected. (link)

The Prize Draw closes at midnight on Sunday, December 2 2012. The Prize winner shall be selected randomly by Amazon.co.uk after the Prize Draw Period. The winner will be notified by e-mail within one day of being selected.

Very kind, thanks

Platinum Tickets

I just noticed this on the ticketmaster website for the show on the 31st. They are called Platinum Tickets, I have never seen it for a show before but it seems they are directly from the promoters. The price seems on par with what those sections were/are going for at face (except maybe the $650 floor ticket).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/00004959EA96F0C1?tm_link=edp_buytix

I just noticed this on the ticketmaster website for the show on the 31st. They are called Platinum Tickets, I have never seen it for a show before but it seems they are directly from the promoters. The price seems on par with what those sections were/are going for at face (except maybe the $650 floor ticket).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/00004959EA96F0C1?tm_link=edp_buytix

Right now I see F3, 23 and seats in the 100s, only the Sec 23 seem to be at (slightly below) par, the others have a markup from face (I think considerably in the case of the 100s which looked to me to be in the $175-$275 range during general sale).

so seeing as it was nearly impossible to get tickets to this, does anyone know what the best bet is now in terms of trying to get some? is stubhub the only option? because those ticket prices are insane.

I agree that this seems like the weirdest ticket sale situation ever. did anyone even get tickets in the general sale?!

so seeing as it was nearly impossible to get tickets to this, does anyone know what the best bet is now in terms of trying to get some? is stubhub the only option? because those ticket prices are insane.

I agree that this seems like the weirdest ticket sale situation ever. did anyone even get tickets in the general sale?!

I easily got tickets at the $99 and the level just below it during the Citicards presale for myself and a coworker.

However, I have noticed in general that sales have been weird on ticketmaster. For example, I was trying to get Lady Gaga tickets for my sister during the presale and general sale and the only tickets available were the most expensive and I was instantly told no tickets were available at a less expensive level when in the past, ticketmaster would refresh for up to 10 minutes looking for tickets or have a waitline. That is what happened when I was purchasing U2 tickets the first time they were at the meadowlands. Makes you wonder how much inventory was really available.

Just got my tickets that I ordered on StubHub. They were TicketFast tickets so they had the guy's name on them and I googled the hell out of him... he has a whole business selling tickets and I couldn't find any ripoff reports for him or any BBB complaints about his business so I think I'm safe. I've never used StubHub so I'm pretty paranoid about it.

I can't wait to go. Taking the train to and from New York is probably going to be hellish with the Times Square crap going on, and I'm guessing the subway will be worse, but totally worth it.

Just got my tickets that I ordered on StubHub. They were TicketFast tickets so they had the guy's name on them and I googled the hell out of him... he has a whole business selling tickets and I couldn't find any ripoff reports for him or any BBB complaints about his business so I think I'm safe. I've never used StubHub so I'm pretty paranoid about it.

I can't wait to go. Taking the train to and from New York is probably going to be hellish with the Times Square crap going on, and I'm guessing the subway will be worse, but totally worth it.

Ive taken the train on New Year's Eve before and it isn't too bad. Usually the MTA will shutdown the stations directly impacted by the ball drop due to crowding conditions (they did this for the thanksgiving day parade and the Giant's parade) and the rest will go on as usual.

Just make sure if you are taking the train, don't try to enter the system near the ball drop on the eve.

I'm in 223, howdy neighbor.

I did the free e-mail ticket just in case I had to sell the tickets and it came with a coupon for the Outback Steakhouse that expires before the concert. :)

Hehe. I didn't get that, but then I will probably either go out to a nice early birthday dinner in my neighborhood with a friend (I am used to having birthday dinner early as the restaurants hike prices and get fancy later in the evening) or just make myself a nice dinner before heading up to the show. I usually don't do Ticketfast unless I have to as I like to keep my tickets as souvenirs, and a piece of paper printed from my ink jet just isn't the same to me. :)

Hehe. I didn't get that, but then I will probably either go out to a nice early birthday dinner in my neighborhood with a friend (I am used to having birthday dinner early as the restaurants hike prices and get fancy later in the evening) or just make myself a nice dinner before heading up to the show. I usually don't do Ticketfast unless I have to as I like to keep my tickets as souvenirs, and a piece of paper printed from my ink jet just isn't the same to me. :)

But you missed out on the coupon that expires next week! ;)

I will probably do my own homemade dinner before the show, I am lucky I have a short commute to the Barclays Center and it will be my first event there. Was going to try to do a Nets game but with the cost of this ticket for me and my boyfriend we decided to skip on basketball this season.

Historically we would get Nets tickets to see more desirable basketball teams cheaply like the Celtics. :)

But you missed out on the coupon that expires next week! ;)

I will probably do my own homemade dinner before the show, I am lucky I have a short commute to the Barclays Center and it will be my first event there.

Same here - I am also in Brooklyn so just a 15 minute or so subway ride for me, and it will be my first show at Barclays Center as well. Have been wanting to go to something there and this is the first show they've had that I've wanted to go to. Was hoping maybe The Killers or Muse would play there but they ended up at MSG, but then Coldplay sprung this surprise on us. :)