✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay And Jay-Z Perform 'Run This Town' As They Welcome 2013

The 'Paradise' frontman Chris Martin joined the rapper for the track after leading the Brooklyn crowd through 'Auld Lang Syne'.

Coldplay helped Jay-Z ring in the new year as they performed a collaboration of the rapper's smash hit single 'Run This Town'.

The 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' stars had earlier performed a set at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn as part of the special co-headline show in New York, and Chris Martin hit the stage to sing 'Auld Lang Syne' as the audience celebrated the start of 2013.

Following a performance of the traditional track, the artists launched into Jay's Rihanna and Kanye West featuring song.

"Happy new year," the US star declared before getting the arena bouncing along to the track.

Chris Martin was in a typically energetic mood as he moved around the stage and helping out with the track.

Jay-Z wore a long black leather vest-style jacket and a tuxedo for his performance with Chris also sporting an all-black outfit.

jay-z-and-coldplay-in-concert-1357118779-custom-0.jpg

The '99 Problems' rapper had earlier joined the group for a performance of 2008 track 'Lost'.

Watch Jay-Z and Coldplay perform 'Run This Town' live from the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn together below:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuufwlpm74[/ame]

The artists were also seen on stage performing the track back in the summer of 2012 as Coldplay headlined the closing ceremony of the Paralympic Games in London.

link

Jay-Z and Coldplay Welcome 2013 in Brooklyn Show

As Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin sang "Auld Lang Syne", Jay-Z went up the stage at close to midnight to ring in the New Year during their double-billed show in Brooklyn, New York. After exchanging hugs with Martin, Jay took over the stage from Coldplay, who had a riot of a performance with lots of color and movement, in contrast to the rapper who was alone on stage and was mostly standing throughout his performance as he spit his rhymes.

Coldplay kicked off the concert at 10 P.M. and played a 15-song set, to the delight of a packed Barclays Center. The venue lit up as fans were each given bracelets that had multi-colored lights that blinked in step. The crowd sang along with the band as they dished out their hits "The Scientist" and "Paradise", as confetti canons and world map beach balls were rolled out. Rihanna appeared in the screens put up around the arena as the band performed "Princess of China".

Martin told the audience to "please have a good time," and "cherish the people you love" before Jay, in a casual white t-shirt, joined the group for a duet of "Lost". Martin was a bolt of energy as Coldplay dished out one track after another, with their line-up including their hits "Viva La Vida", "Yellow", "Us Against the World" and "Clocks".

When it was Jay's turn to take over the other half of the show, he delivered his 25-song set which started with "Run This Town". The new father ended the night around 1:30 A.M. with some inspiring words, "2012 was a major year for me, it was the birth of my beautiful daughter Blue, it was the birth of this building. Tonight I feel like I'm in the right place. I wish you the best 2013 possible. Peace and love."

In between the two headliners' sets, DJ Cassidy spun Michael Jackson's and Journey's tracks while the crew changed the stage backdrops.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=998S0yJn_rg[/ame]

link

Gwyneth Paltrow & Husband Do the Dorky Parent Dance on New Year’s Eve

poh9ujbxwk.jpg

As far as kids are concerned, parents are just plain embarrassing. Even if your parents are Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin! Check out the family dance they had on New Year's Eve. Naturally this party included Jay-Z and a live, screaming audience. But that didn't keep the dorkifying at bay. Oh no. Dork dancing was in full flow that night.

Buzzfeed is mocking Gwyneth for her "mom dancing" -- but have you noticed Chris Martin? Coldplay fans, does he always do that pogo-stick-less jump all over the stage? Is he having Fishbone fantasies? Once upon a time Chris was a cool rock star. But with his kids up there on stage with him, he's just another goofball dad gettin' all CRAYZEE to his kids' unrelenting humiliation.

I would describe Gwyneth's dancing style as the Tall White Girl Shuffle. You don't have to be a mom to do that dance. But maybe you do have to be a mom to do that dance while sipping from a flute of champagne. I'll say this, though. Gang signs look totes more authentic when they're flashed by a pale, flaxen-haired 40-year-old lady. KWIM? Oh lord, if it weren't for Jay-Z, you could easily mistake this for a Dan Zanes concert.

Gwyneth tries to get Moses to dance with her and you can kind of see him saying, "Excuse me, do I know you?" before he backs away. Apple gamely tries to ape her daddy's dance moves because she's such a good girl. But Moses is having none of this nonsense. Do you hear me? None of it.

Oh, I die, I die. But you know what? After I finished laughing, I had to cringe because I dance the dorky mom dance myself. We've had our own dumb little dance parties at home and I'm always like, "look at me, I'm the coolest mom in the BK!" And my son is always like, "Please stop dancing now." Can I dance better than Gwyneth? NO I CANNOT. Does my 9-year-old son hate it when I dance? OH HELL YES HE DOES. But I can't stop, won't stop dancing.

You know what, kids? Parents be dancing! We don't care if you like it.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jjn_9IBCI0[/ame]

link

Gwyneth for her "mom dancing"[/url] -- but have you noticed Chris Martin? Coldplay fans, does he always do that pogo-stick-less jump all over the stage?

:nod: Well, duh!

Is he having Fishbone fantasies?Once upon a time Chris was a cool rock star. But with his kids up there on stage with him, he's just another goofball dad gettin' all CRAYZEE to his kids' unrelenting humiliation.

:no:

Yellow

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVAIr-3o5_8]Yellow - YouTube[/ame]

Charlie Brown

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_4KDNU0Po&list=UUaYAiR4AV88_DkPWq1kJ2GA&index=2]Coldplay Concert @ Barclays Center Brooklyn New York. "Charlie Brown Live" 12-31-2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Paradise

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BOxyeII2-AU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The scientist

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eq6w-azzreM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lovers In Japan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et5YDmUSPZg]Coldplay - Lovers in Japan - New Years Eve!!! - YouTube[/ame]

In My Place

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJaeOkcT9Hc]Coldplay - In My Place- New Years Eve! - YouTube[/ame]

What great pictures... I usually bring my camera and snap some pictures and record a song or two.. or three.. but I left my camera home for this show. Yep, forgot my camera when I was going to the concert of a lifetime. I have a couple cell phone pics/videos, but the audio sucks, wahhh. BUT... the good thing about leaving my camera at home was I was 100% focused on the show. I had a blast, as did my friend who doesn't even really like Coldplay or Jay Z. He didn't want to go at first but afterward, he was glad he came. He said to me after the show, "that was the best concert I've ever been to." He's been to a ton of different concerts, too.

This is absolutely the most memorable new years I've had and I'm so glad I was able to go. :)

Hi everybody!! :) I'm new here! This is the first time I write :)

Anyway, I've just watched the video of the Martin family on the stage! sooo sweet! :heart: :heart: :heart:

and I honestly think that Gwyneth dances pretty well! Peolpe are envious I think.. she is beautiful, happy, and married to a really really.. really hot guy :dazzled: :blush:

lucky she! nice family.. and amazing band!! :)

A little late but here goes.....

Mike and I went down to Barclays early to have a look around. We were meeting Chelsea and NY Mike( I know too many Mikes :p ) before the show. We had a walk around the venue. At the back we saw the black SUVs leaving. We must have just missed them coming in. :(

We could hear them sound checking Auld Lang Syne.

Chelsea and Mike showed up and the 4 of us went for a drink before the show at a small bar across the street. When we went to queue, the line was very long. So we walked to the doors at the back and practally no one was in line there. Always pays to scout. Tried to convence NY Mike to come in with us, but haters gotta hate. :lol:

We were all sitting in different sections which sucked. Was hoping they would get upgraded but I don't think they did any upgrades for this show. The seats down front must have been the ones they were auctioning.

The security guy on the floor told me what times they would be coming out. Jon Hopkins himself was in the sound booth spinning the music before Coldplay. I got to say a quick hello to Dan Green before the show but he was busy and we didn't get to talk much. I wanted to ask him about Latin America and WTF happened, but guess that'll have to remain unsolved.

Here We Go Magic- How Do I Know played and then no Jay Z but instead right into BTTF. Guess playing Jay might have confused some people as to who was coming out. :lol:

Coldplay's set:

Sound was screwed up for the first 3 songs. Instruments cuttnig out and then no sound at all. Finally sorted and rest of night went off OK.

They cut the X stage part to just PoC. Would have loved to hear Warning Sign one last time. :( Chris started Fix You out on the X stage before running to the back.

Chris intoducing his kids and their friend from the C stage. It was cute. :wacky:

I was pretty much expecting Jay Z to come out for Lost just wasn't sure where they would put it in the show. Cool top hat. :cool:

IMG_3752_zps2a7c1615.jpg

DJ Cassidy intermission:

I have been to see Jay Z before and knew he always has a DJ spinning and people get up and dance and go crazy. It was really a fun time. Everyone was dancing ...the ushers were dancing people to their seats and just stopping and dancing with anyone near by. :lol:

Jay Z:

The time clock appeared on the big screen and started counting down. Chris was singing Auld Land Syne. There was balloon and confetti drop. Chris stayed out for Run This Town dancing like a white boy with his kids. It was adorkable! :wacko: Jay Z also played a shortened set. I expected the kids to come back out for Hard Knock Life. Chris came out for Heart of the City. Jay played Song Cry which Gwyneth had joined him for before but not tonight.

Jay ended with Empire State of Mind. He walked off with his band playing Radiohead's Everything In Its Right Place. :cool: See Mike, Radiohead...you should have joined us. :lol: He also said he'd like to make the NYE show a yearly thing. If so I am so going back!