✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-Dec-2012] Coldplay @ Barclays Center, New York, NY, USA

Tash

Coldplay Returns To U.S. For Three Final 2012 Shows Including A Very Special New Year's Eve Concert With JAY Z

On Monday, December 31, Coldplay will round off a memorable year by performing a very special co-headline show with JAY Z at Barclays Center, Brooklyn.

The New Year's Eve show will be preceded by two headline shows for the band, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT on December 29 and at Barclays Center, Brooklyn on December 30. Naturally 7 will be the supporting act for the December 29 and 30 shows. The three year-end dates mark Coldplay's only remaining US shows for 2012.

This will be the second time in two years that Coldplay has celebrated the new year with long-term friend and collaborator JAY Z, the band having shared the bill with him at a Las Vegas concert in 2010. More recently, JAY Z performed onstage with Coldplay at the spectacular London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony.

The two Brooklyn dates also mark the first shows that Coldplay has put on sale in NYC since September 2005.

Tickets for the Uncasville show will go on sale on Friday, November 16, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Tickets for the two Brooklyn shows will go on sale on Saturday, November 17, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Citi® cardmembers will also have access to presale tickets for the two Brooklyn shows beginning Tuesday, November 13, at 10 AM ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details visit http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

link

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaycp.jpg

Three new US shows - including NYE with JAY Z

11 November 2012 8:11 pm

Band to round-off 2012 with three December concerts

news_line.png

Good evening. We're pleased to announce that, on Monday, 31 December, Coldplay will round off a memorable year by performing a very special co-headline show with JAY Z at Barclays Center, Brooklyn.

The New Year's Eve show will be preceded by two headline shows for the band, at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT on 29 December and at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn on 30 December. Naturally 7 will be the support act at the December 29 and 30 shows.

This will be the second time in two years that Coldplay has celebrated new year with long-term friend and collaborator JAY Z, the band having shared the bill with him at a Las Vegas concert in 2010. More recently, JAY Z performed onstage with Coldplay at the spectacular London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony.

The two Brooklyn dates also mark the first Coldplay shows that have been put on sale in NYC since September 2005.

Tickets for the Uncasville show will go on sale on Friday, November 16, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Tickets for the two Brooklyn shows will go on sale on Saturday, November 17, at 10 AM ET, at http://www.LiveNation.com.

Citi® cardmembers will also have access to presale tickets for the two Brooklyn shows beginning Tuesday, November 13, at 10 AM ET through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details visit http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

Anchorman

Couldn't believe the news when I went to the Coldplay site. So thrilled and excited to get to see them another time. I could go a 100 times and never tire of their amazing shows. Haven't been to Barclay Center but I'm thrilled they will finally head back to New York!!

I hope for those of you that haven't had the band visit that maybe this holds hope out that they will do some more shows in the not too distant future.

omg and i thought the dec 30th prices were high, but it is NYE in NY soooo you gots to pay and i am wondering if the show will last till midnight to bring in the new year, prob not

Just saw on Live Nation that the NYE show starts at 9:00 whereas the show on the 30th starts at 7:00. Leads me to believe it is possible they'll play to midnight on New Years.

November 12, 2012 - submitted by Violet, United States of America

Q. Hello Oracle! I was just wondering, so as you know Coldplay is doing some concerts in the U.S again with Jay Z. I was just curious is the concert Coldplay's or is it Jay Z's? I like both of them equally but I am curious to know! Hope you reply! (:

The Oracle replies:

It's a co-headline show. Though not unusual, it is a somewhat peculiar concept given 2 acts can't perform their sets at the same time. What it means is that both are sharing the top billing. It's not yet been revealed who will go on first/last.

I wouldn't be surprised if - like last time - there were a few shared moments and surprises lined up for the evening. It is New Year's Eve after all...

Does anybody knows if presale tickets can be SOLD OUT?....

I am from Mexico City and a Coldplay fan since they started... This new year's eve I have a trip to New York City! and it surprises me that Coldplay is having these shows... I want the best seats possible but do not have a Citi card... do you think I can get good seats if I buy the tickets in the General Sale on Saturday... or, at least do I get the chance to buy tickets?

I dont know how fast tickets sold out in NYC... because here in my country they easily Sell out.

They allot only a certain portion of the total tickets for pre-sale - so while the pre-sale will (should) sell out (except maybe those $550 tix...), the entire show will not sell out on the pre-sale.

The show will sell out VERY quickly (again, the $550 tix will sell slower...).

I'm in college in DC, I just have a few questions...

Is the pre-sale happening now? If so, how do I get in the presale lol?

Is this going to be a traditional MX concert like the one I saw in Philly and NJ?

Can't wait to go.

Yea I think it will be their concert show just going off with a bang to ring in the new year. The MX tour was well received so this is perfect to close out an amazing year.