✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your top 50 albums ever

Mark

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one here either. I guess it's just a high chance that a person is American, it's the most populated Western country.

I found out about them through some music trivia quiz, what a cool album.

Yeah, I only heard about them because a mate told me, then I told mates etc... but when I've spoken to American people on here, they tend to know them. I've never met a British person who knew them :( Weird.

I heard they're working on stuff, but I worry that it just might be Since I Left You 2.0. That really turns me off from listening to an album for some reason.

It's like with the xx, Coexist might be good, well because the first album is good. But it just irritates me that they didn't bother to innovate their sound at all. A band that brings in some new influences to their music, but it's not critically approved at least tried, a band that doesn't change their sound at all is just lazy.

Anyway, just rambling.

I totally get this. This is why I've included Kid A in my top four; the songs aren't the best collection of ten songs ever, but it's the greatest record ever, for what it is. Otherwise the greatest album ever would be The Beatles' greatest hits.

I thought the same about Coexist, but the more I listen to it, the more I realise it's more club to xx's indie. The beats bounce, the riffs bend and the whole thing sounds like the ghost of a dance scene, whereas the debut, I felt, owed much more to 00s, indiefied songwriters. One of my mates declared "the songwriting's not as good". Which confused me, but now it makes more sense.

Ooooh I see what you did there

Took me a long while to get it :disappointed:

Only cause your name's Coldplay. Didn't realise you were Dee to start with :P

edit: my one should be fixed now, I think.

As you said you hadn't listned to many albums, based on your musical tastes I would recommend these ten albums to you:

• Funeral, Arcade Fire
  • Stone Roses, Stone Roses
  • The Man Who, Travis
  • Urban Hymns, The Verve
  • West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum, Kasabian
  • Everything Must Go, Manic Street Preachers
  • Different Class, Pulp
  • Elbow, The Seldom Seen Kid
  • Voices of Animals and Men, The Young Knives
  • Silent Alarm, Bloc Party

ooooh Heathen, Aladdin Sane, and Scary Monsters :cheesy:

But Low, every time I try to listen to it, I nearly fall asleep, all of the songs except for Sound and Vision sound exactly the same to me

I love Low, and sometimes I can't tell the difference between the instrumental songs but that's mostly because I just listen to it all at once while I study or something. My favourite off that album is Breaking Glass :heart:

and I see you had Heroes, to be honest I've never listened to that as much I don't know why :huh:

revolver is better

i can't really do this because there are only 10 or so albums that really mean a lot to me. the rest would just be random albums i like and that's not very interesting

It's pretty much what most people are doing, I don't think anyone has fifty albums that mean that much to them.

Revolver's a quality album, yeah.

hahaha :laugh3:

I genuinely think Congratulations is a better album than OracSpectac, I just wish MGMT weren't such ironic, hipster dicks. "We don't want to be famous, so we're going to commit commercial suicide." Oh, sorry guys for buying your shitting album, next time I'll spend that tenner on pick and mix, yeah?

Third record will hopefully be their masterpiece, having said that.

I like you because you don't hate X&Y.

This is something I find bizarre, given your quotation about ambition :P

As you said you hadn't listned to many albums, based on your musical tastes I would recommend these ten albums to you:

• Funeral, Arcade Fire
  • Stone Roses, Stone Roses
  • The Man Who, Travis
  • Urban Hymns, The Verve
  • West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum, Kasabian
  • Everything Must Go, Manic Street Preachers
  • Different Class, Pulp
  • Elbow, The Seldom Seen Kid
  • Voices of Animals and Men, The Young Knives
  • Silent Alarm, Bloc Party

Thanks! I've been meaning to listen to some of these for a while actually. My dad lent me Urban Hymns but the CD didn't work :cry: I've never heard of The Young Knives though :surprised: