Guess coldplay song

Coldplayer_42_arobtth

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huh, Coldplaying page did not load for the past half an hour !

I'm really sorry, but I am just about to wrap up work (2 am here !) and go home. I have to give a talk tomorrow and I didn't have time to create a meaningful riddle. Before I put a crappy riddle on, I'd rather if you guys go on making interim ones. Then I'll come up with one tomorrow !

ok...this might totally give it away....but anyway I´ll do it :)

Clue 2: "24 & 25"

Clue 1: 26 minus 11

You solved 2 riddes in 1 night, you're so hard to keep up with. :)

Jedi Leo, can you explain clue 2, that is confusing for me.

It's probably something simple but my brain is refusing to do Coldplay riddles right now.

You solved 2 riddes in 1 night, you're so hard to keep up with. :)

Jedi Leo, can you explain clue 2, that is confusing for me.

It's probably something simple but my brain is refusing to do Coldplay riddles right now.

24 & 25 is "x & y". The numbers are the positions of the letters in the alphabet.

Conversely 26 is the total numbers of letters in the alphabet. If you subtract 11 as noted in the first clue you get 15. The 15th letter of the alphabet is "O" and that's the answer to the riddle.

• Like 1

24 & 25 is "x & y". The numbers are the positions of the letters in the alphabet.

Conversely 26 is the total numbers of letters in the alphabet. If you subtract 11 as noted in the first clue you get 15. The 15th letter of the alphabet is "O" and that's the answer to the riddle.

Well I guessed that it was x& y but I don't see the relation with O.

7 & 18 would have led me to GS. :D

Well I guessed that it was x& y but I don't see the relation with O.

7 & 18 would have led me to GS. :D

26 minus 11 was the clue. 26 is the total number of letters in the alphabet, If you subtract 11 you get 15. The 15th letter of the alphabet is O.

The clue "24 & 25" was of course X&Y so that it would be understood that the numbers in clue one refer to the placement of letters in the alphabet....

• Like 1

Here is my new riddle ! Level: Extreme (or so it would be to me if I didn't know the answer :D)

Have fun ! :P

"It's Not What It Seems"

In my place I have a view from the ground and you're the target that I'm aiming at. I'll be doing my best and I'll see you soon. Do you feel like a puzzle and you can't find your missing piece ? I still got no answers. So I crawl back into your open arms on what a secret everybody knows is to the place that you got found.

• Like 1

Here is a hint to prevent this from going off in the wrong direction altogether (not directed towards you, AMDB9 - both your guesses were good and I could understand the reasoning behind it):

Your best bet is to take the riddle apart and figure out what each part means. Always keep in mind the title phrase, it tells you how to approach it...

How fun! I hope you felt good about your presentation today, I Ran Away!! You must have an important job, as you make them often and work super hard. Seeing your riddles, you are obviously really, really smart! Thanks for another good one! I'll be thinking...

How fun! I hope you felt good about your presentation today, I Ran Away!! You must have an important job, as you make them often and work super hard. Seeing your riddles, you are obviously really, really smart! Thanks for another good one! I'll be thinking...

No, not important at all, I'm just a grad student in a science lab...until two months ago I wasn't even paid for my work :) Thanks for asking, it went okay. The riddles are more the result of meddling around with lyrics than anything else :D

I am afraid it does require knowledge of B-side lyrics, yes...but I guess in the end this riddle is best solved as a team effort and I'm sure that you will recognize many of the lyrics from album songs, too !

Here is what I decipher so far: In my place, (?), A Message, Yes, (?), Speed of Sound, (?), A Warning Sign, (?), (?), (?, I can't think of song but the lyric is something like "the place where you got lost is the place that got you found"?).

There. Now up to others to fill in my (?) Did I get this much right?

This statement is incorrect, I'm afraid ! ;)

Yeah I can see "Warning Sign" is not. Cant remember if See you Soon is from X&Y or before...Im not so good with dates :)

So how do we approach each part? "Its not what it seems". "In my place" is not what it seems...so....its something else? "in your place" LOL

Anyone else has suggestion on how to use the title to unravel each part of the riddle?