✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guess coldplay song

Coldplayer_42_arobtth

Now comes the moment of truth...First of all, my apologies. I hope you will not rip my head off when I tell you that...the song had been guessed a long time ago, but for literally none (!!!) of the reasons/clues I had laid out so I faced a dilemma: Say that this is the correct answer and have invented all these carefully constructed clues all in vain...or make the riddle go on under an arguably somewhat false impression. If you go back to that post, you will see that I never literally said the song is correct, but that Nie's theories were not what I thought of. I took care to word it like that, also that was arguably still a kind of cheating :) I hope you forgive me for that and I promise you this is the last of these ultra-convoluted riddles - should I ever get to make a riddle again, it will be a more straightforward one !

@Nie is (and was) right: It is indeed "The World Turned Upside Down" as it contains the specific phrase "and everything under the sun".

If you look back at the riddle (see below) I hope you agree with me that nothing was as it first seemed and that the clues were very deeply hidden, with many intermediate steps, and convoluted. I still hope that everything makes sense now in retrospect.

"It's Not What It Seems"

In my place I have a view from the ground and you're the target that I'm aiming at. I'll be doing my best and I'll see you soon. Do you feel like a puzzle and you can't find your missing piece ? I still got no answers. So I crawl back into your open arms on what a secret everybody knows is to the place that you got found.

Thank you all for guessing, I had great fun and I hope you had too and that you are not too angry at me...Well guessed and worked out by all of you in this riddle that spread over 5 pages of posts ! You are all so imaginative and clever, coming up with lots of connections I'd never even thought of !

Your turn now, @Nie ! :D By the way I was impressed how well your theory about The World Turned Upside Down actually fitted :) Goes to show how similar in terms of general /feelings some Coldplay songs are !

• Like 1

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG... well, I forgive you. You had to bear all of those guessing and theories. :D

I did return to that song a lot because of the other clues, so in the end, for me it had to be either 1 of those or a Coldplay song from which I didn't have the lyrics.

It was a very good riddle and fun to dig into that.

To say it with a Pink Floyd song: I'm still recovering from "brain damage" so my riddle is going to be easy:

a direction?

on repeat

edit: I have added something to the riddle. Those 2 clues can be found in the lyrics of the song I'm looking for

Now comes the moment of truth...First of all, my apologies. I hope you will not rip my head off when I tell you that...the song had been guessed a long time ago, but for literally none (!!!) of the reasons/clues I had laid out so I faced a dilemma: Say that this is the correct answer and have invented all these carefully constructed clues all in vain...or make the riddle go on under an arguably somewhat false impression. If you go back to that post, you will see that I never literally said the song is correct, but that Nie's theories were not what I thought of. I took care to word it like that, also that was arguably still a kind of cheating :) I hope you forgive me for that and I promise you this is the last of these ultra-convoluted riddles - should I ever get to make a riddle again, it will be a more straightforward one !

@Nie is (and was) right: It is indeed "The World Turned Upside Down" as it contains the specific phrase "and everything under the sun".

If you look back at the riddle (see below) I hope you agree with me that nothing was as it first seemed and that the clues were very deeply hidden, with many intermediate steps, and convoluted. I still hope that everything makes sense now in retrospect.

"It's Not What It Seems"

In my place I have a view from the ground and you're the target that I'm aiming at. I'll be doing my best and I'll see you soon. Do you feel like a puzzle and you can't find your missing piece ? I still got no answers. So I crawl back into your open arms on what a secret everybody knows is to the place that you got found.

Thank you all for guessing, I had great fun and I hope you had too and that you are not too angry at me...Well guessed and worked out by all of you in this riddle that spread over 5 pages of posts ! You are all so imaginative and clever, coming up with lots of connections I'd never even thought of !

Your turn now, @Nie ! :D By the way I was impressed how well your theory about The World Turned Upside Down actually fitted :) Goes to show how similar in terms of general /feelings some Coldplay songs are !

I didn't take any guesses (although I definetely was thinking of some, and also I thought @Nie had it when they said Clocks so I didn't bother to see if it could be something else since it made so much sense :P

This is probably the best riddle yet. You're undisputably the best riddle-maker here!

The way you go about things is so imaginitive, clever, and mysterious. Keep it up! That looked really fun. I will definetely guess more next time ! :D

• Like 1

I have the feeling that my riddle scared everyone away from this thread, though :-/

As for Nie's riddle, I have no idea ! I don't know any Coldplay song that has these lyrics, and in case they are meant metaphorically I can only think of Sleeping Sun, Talk (alternate), The Scientist and Princess Of China as potential guesses...but none of them really fits.

The closest I got was "Shiver" since that has "direction" in it but there's nothing about repeating in it, at least when I looked on the lyrics it didn't...

I was just going to say that in the days leading up to AOAL's release date (Nov 6) they teased us. If you say "east" (a direction) over and over again it sound's like you're saying "tease". That's why I originally thought AOAL was a possibility, but it isn't now because as far as I know I don't remember any lyrics about "repeat" in it... or "direction" actually in the song.

I was just going to say that in the days leading up to AOAL's release date (Nov 6) they teased us. If you say "east" (a direction) over and over again it sound's like you're saying "tease". That's why I originally thought AOAL was a possibility, but it isn't now because as far as I know I don't remember any lyrics about "repeat" in it... or "direction" actually in the song.

Wow, very imaginative of you ! Cool !

• Like 1

Wow, very imaginative of you ! Cool !

I'm not very good at decoding these riddles but I just took the two clues together and tried saying each direction on repeat.... it's something I should try more often, might unlock some answers as it unlocked ... something I guess, here :P But I know AOAL's not it XD