Guess coldplay song

Coldplayer_42_arobtth

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far no correct answer but you are thinking in the right direction. :)

I'll make it less cryptical, these 2 clues will lead you to different phrases in the song:

1. Which direction or way?

2. something is repeatedly there (and more than twice)

So the clues are not literally, you do have to think a bit :p

And I really hope this will come to an end within the next few hours, because I am also beginning to get tired of it. Sorry everyone for making it so convoluted! :-/

*lol* Convoluted can be good, but I think it has to have a clear logical sequence most people can follow and thats the hardest part of making a riddle I guess. I play a lot of adventure games and I can see how hard this combo can be to find!

Could be, IRA (hope you don't mind my shorthand). I think it is either In My Place or Amsterdam. The former treats "direction" in the sense of looking for it. "I was lost", etc. It repeats waiting for it (direction?) Amsterdam speaks of "push you down, around, etc." while repeating about time being on your side. The direction is literally directional. Those are my guesses. Great puzzle, Nie, as it could be interpreted to be any of these three songs. So which gave you A Rush of Blood to the Head?

Could be, IRA (hope you don't mind my shorthand). I think it is either In My Place or Amsterdam. The former treats "direction" in the sense of looking for it. "I was lost", etc. It repeats waiting for it (direction?) Amsterdam speaks of "push you down, around, etc." while repeating about time being on your side. The direction is literally directional. Those are my guesses. Great puzzle, Nie, as it could be interpreted to be any of these three songs. So which gave you A Rush of Blood to the Head?

Your interpretation makes sense too, iamsue ! :) Especially In My Place !

Your interpretation makes sense too, iamsue ! :) Especially In My Place !

Thanks! I kept fearing I mixed them up. FYI, (off-topic) sorry, what's your favorite song on X&Y? Is it same as your favorite graphic symbol for the song? You'll see...

Is it same as your favorite graphic symbol for the song? You'll see...

Sorry, my bad but I don't get the meaning of the question. Which favorite graphic symbol ? I am not sure which song is my favorite on X&Y to be honest because I love nearly all of the songs on this album equally much :)

The answer has been found! :)

But I will explain when I'm at work and logged on to my laptop because I want to give you my reasoning.

Using the app and on a train with lousy internet connection is not so handy.

• Like 2

Sorry for the waiting but the forum was down at the time I got at work.

So:

A Whisper is the correct answer.

A direction? --> Should I go forwards or backwards?

On repeat --> "a whisper" is mentioned 32 times in the song, even 4 times on the same sentence.

"I hear the sound of the ticking of clocks" --> 4 times

So there is a lot of repetition in this song.

I’m sorry if my riddle was too cryptic and doubtful.

And I was a bit naughty by putting the “a direction” first. :D

I didn’t really check if there are other songs whose lyrics fitted, but I put in the question mark ? to make it more unique.

Nobody was really guessing and all you had to do was ask for more clues. :)

So, I Ran Away is the winner of this riddle contest.