✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wish list for next era tour

Kingzilla

I would like them to be less predictable. Not a greatest hits-setlist with a focus on the latest record,

and not the same setlist every evening (bit longer could also do, but for me the first two would be more important).

And, oh yes. Tell me you hate me for it, but I want them to drop their playback thing.

There are lots of bands who add supporting musicians for keyboards or rythmguitar (Muse did that, Killers do that, even Radiohead got a second drummer).

I just want it to be more 'live' than playing along to a precorded backing track.

I see that for example VLV would be difficult, but they are like using on nearly every song which is too much in my opinion.

Ain't gonna happen, just wishing for it.

A lot of those bands still use a lot of pre-recorded backing even with their extra musicians. Morgan Nichols (sp?) who plays with Muse for example is largely there to trigger MIDI loops from his keyboard rig, which essentially means that much of the time he's out there as the operator of the backing tracks. Just because you see extra guys, doesn't necessarily mean you're actual hearing more live sounds. I also firmly believe that a great deal more of what you hear at a typical Coldplay show is live than a lot of people believe. It's really only strings and some synths that get back-tracked with regularity. A lot of the other stuff that sounds like taped instrumentation is actually produced by the band members, Jonny's small MIDI keyboard produces a lot of the synths and whatnot, and Will has several MIDI triggers on his drums that can be used to produce a wide variety of sounds (both drum related and otherwise.)

But yeah, in a broader sense, almost none of this stuff has any chance of happening. A Coldplay show is a Coldplay show. Like all bands, they've developed their own style to live performance and it is what it is. If they haven't changed by now, they probably won't going forward. Just my opinion.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the songs that I'm really really hoping they do, besides the obvious hits are:

Daylight, Everything's Not Lost, See You Soon, Shiver, Politik, Amsterdam, Strawberry Swing, Hurts like Heaven and Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Sadly I'd doubt DLIBYH will be in there but I just love that song!!

Agreed!

DLIBYH is one of my favourite Coldplay songs, but I've a feeling we won't hear it live again on future tours :(

This isn't song related, but I'd like to see Chris use Breedlove guitars. They're so cool looking. :wacko:

They also have a very distinctive sound that probably isn't the best for Coldplay's style of music.

Many players think them best suited for flat picking or open picking, neither of which Chris really does. Almost all the professionals I've seen/known using them are lead players, not rhythm players.

• 3 weeks later...

I would really love if I could see them play Talk live, and if I could see them play Lovers in Japan live, Amsterdam would be a bonus. A new LP6 opener and closer. Hopefully they'll write up another hit to throw into the middle of the show with viva/charlie brown/paradise. I also think they should just play random songs from time to time, ones that nobody would really expect.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your Wishes for LP6 Tour

My "long lasting" wishe or dream is to be part of a coldplay live concert for only one single time of my poor life... :cry:

So my wishe for LP6 Tour is to see them in Tunisia (There's great stadiums and a lot of fans over here).

I know I'm dreaming but it's my only choice for the time being.

I think we'll see very much the same structure as on the MX tour, but with different songs used from the previous albums. I reckon that Yellow will be the only song from Parachutes, although I'd love to hear Everything's not lost back in the set. From ROBTTH they may choose songs such as Warning Sign and Amsterdam, and Clocks would definitely make it in. I'm slightly worried that they might drop The Scientist though- they very nearly didn't perform it at Under1Roof (I get the impression Will isn't a huge fan of it anymore).

From X and Y they'll probably use Fix You, Talk (stripped down again?) and maybe something different like White Shadows or Square One. Maybe What if?

Viva- They won't drop Viva, but I can see Strawberry sing coming back into the set and Lost being played more than on the MX tour.

MX- Paradise, Every Teardrop and Charlie Brown. I'd love UATW to stay in the set, and I think it will unless the new album has a similar toned song.

And then of course 8 or 9 from the new album. The atmosphere of the concerts will very much depend on what sound LP6 goes for. I imagine it'd be more like MX than ROBTTH, because the tone that was so successful on the MX tour would be difficult to recreate in stadiums with an album like ROBTTH.

I'm sure it'll be great whatever happens!

If they play Charlie Brown, I wouldn't mind a stripped back version for the B-stage. Maybe something like this.

oh my lorde (ha see what I did there) I can imagine it now will on keys guy on bass and jonny and chris playing acoustic.. Perfection!

• 2 weeks later...

So all these videos and random lyrics from old songs Coldplay keeps posting on twitter and their website? I have a really good feeling these will be part of the next tour (Don't Panic, Talk, Life in Technicolor ii... am I missing any others?)

It just makes sense... Plus, none of those were played on the last tour.

(Don't Panic, Talk, Life in Technicolor ii... am I missing any others?)

Shiver

They did play Don't Panic once and Shiver 4 times since MX was released.

So all these videos and random lyrics from old songs Coldplay keeps posting on twitter and their website? I have a really good feeling these will be part of the next tour (Don't Panic, Talk, Life in Technicolor ii... am I missing any others?)

I was thinking this too. Talk and LIT 2 definitely need to come back, they both looked great live. That "time for some music" surely has to be a hint too...

I really hope they keep Major Minus for the next tour, as unlikely as it may be. They played Cemeteries of London a few times before MX came out so there may be some hope for MM to come back.

• 1 month later...

my wishes include Politik, Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing, Moses and X&Y. Anything else is good. Obviously there will be Viva, Paradise, Clocks, Yellow and Fix You. Most probably would be: Every Teardrop, Hurts Like Heaven, In My Place. There's just way too many songs. + new LP6 songs. Wowzers. I can't f'in wait.