✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wish list for next era tour

Kingzilla

I really hope Politik is back on the setlist. I know it's a favorite that needed a rest, so hopefully they'll feel ready to play it again. Shiver and Cemeteries would make me happy, but I'm not holding my breath. Of all the MX tunes, I hope they keep Major Minus. That solo was one of the highlights for me.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO RIHANNA!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Politik is back on the setlist. I know it's a favorite that needed a rest, so hopefully they'll feel ready to play it again. Shiver and Cemeteries would make me happy, but I'm not holding my breath. Of all the MX tunes, I hope they keep Major Minus. That solo was one of the highlights for me.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO RIHANNA!!

Absolutely agree with you!

Songs I think will/should be kept:

Regulars

Yellow

Clocks

GPASUYF

In My Place

Fix You

Speed of Sound

Viva la Vida

Lovers in Japan

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

ETIAW

Charlie Brown

Rotated throughout the tour

Don't Panic

Trouble

Shiver

Everything's Not Lost

The Scientist

Politik

Amsterdam

AROBTTH

Square One

Talk

White Shadows

Swallowed in the Sea

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

Life in Technicolor ii

Glass of Water

Us Against the World

Major Minus

• 4 weeks later...

So the Oracle confirms that the tour is officially over... </3. This was by the far the shortest tour of them all as I expected them to come back to America at least one more time. This is good since there's a chance we would see an album sooner than later.. I loved the MX tour.. although I thought the Viva tour was more structured...

OK, so I have been reading a lot of the posts here and c'mon lets be realistic here, the tour will probably consist of 24 songs at the most. I wish we could get a dream setlist of 30 songs but it won't happen.

From MX, we'll get ETIAW, CB, and Paradise but that's it. (maybe DLIBYH)

X&Y - Fix You and maybe the revamped version of SoS (Chris hates the normal one)

VLV - VH, Viva, LiJ, hopefully LiT ii

Parachutes - Yellow

A rush - Clocks, Scientist, In My Place, hopefully Politik

Songs I would love to hear again:

Talk, Strawberry Swing, Trouble, Shiver, Dont Panic, Death and All His Friends, Swallowed In the Sea, White Shadows..

I have been with this site for almost 10 years and I don't post often but stuff like this is appealing to me.. I am really looking forward to the next album, I think it's going to be just as good as VLV of not better. Coldplay felt like they needed to come out with something they would enjoy playing live, which is why I think the MX tour was the most entertaining tour of all...The "Xylo" stuff was just brilliant, I loved it. I am just stunned that the tour ended so soon.. I looked it up, the last few tours lasted around 23 months.. (WOW) . This one was almost a year and a half...I guess the band thought they didn't need any more time to bring new fans it (That's what MX pretty much did)

Chris

Songs I'd like to hear from the following albums, excluding the set list staples like "Clocks" and "Yellow":

Parachutes

Shiver

Spies

Sparks

We Never Change

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Politik

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

Warning Sign

Amsterdam

X&Y

A Message

Low

Viva la Vida

Chinese Sleep Chant

Mylo Xyloto

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

One can dream, right?! :P

I think Shiver has a small chance.. Politik a really good chance (Chris' claims that song to be top 3) and I agree.. I actually think that's the BEST song Coldplay has ever done. A Message ?? I WISH. That is one of my favorites! DLITBYH has a decent shot too. Sleep Chant didn't last long at all :(

I think Xylobands are beneficial to Coldplay's shows (what would Charlie Brown be without it?) but as the new tour probably has a new theme, they'd probably pull out the wristbands from the new tour.

I'd love to hear more songs from Parachutes and X&Y, (Don't Panic, Trouble, Shiver (maybe acoustic), Talk and The Hardest Part). Off of MX they'd probably go with Paradise, Charlie Brown, Us Against the World and Every Teardrop. I don't see where they'd incorporate MX/HLH as it's such a good opener along with Life In Technicolor.

Parachutes

Shiver

Spies

Sparks

We Never Change

Yellow

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Politik

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

Warning Sign

Amsterdam

Clocks

X&Y

A Message

Low

Viva la Vida

Chinese Sleep Chant

Mylo Xyloto

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

One can dream, right?! :P

that leaves no room for new songs :thinking: :p

So the Oracle confirms that the tour is officially over... </3. This was by the far the shortest tour of them all as I expected them to come back to America at least one more time. This is good since there's a chance we would see an album sooner than later.. I loved the MX tour.. although I thought the Viva tour was more structured...

OK, so I have been reading a lot of the posts here and c'mon lets be realistic here, the tour will probably consist of 24 songs at the most. I wish we could get a dream setlist of 30 songs but it won't happen.

From MX, we'll get ETIAW, CB, and Paradise but that's it. (maybe DLIBYH)

X&Y - Fix You and maybe the revamped version of SoS (Chris hates the normal one)

VLV - VH, Viva, LiJ, hopefully LiT ii

Parachutes - Yellow

A rush - Clocks, Scientist, In My Place, hopefully Politik

Songs I would love to hear again:

Talk, Strawberry Swing, Trouble, Shiver, Dont Panic, Death and All His Friends, Swallowed In the Sea, White Shadows..

I have been with this site for almost 10 years and I don't post often but stuff like this is appealing to me.. I am really looking forward to the next album, I think it's going to be just as good as VLV of not better. Coldplay felt like they needed to come out with something they would enjoy playing live, which is why I think the MX tour was the most entertaining tour of all...The "Xylo" stuff was just brilliant, I loved it. I am just stunned that the tour ended so soon.. I looked it up, the last few tours lasted around 23 months.. (WOW) . This one was almost a year and a half...I guess the band thought they didn't need any more time to bring new fans it (That's what MX pretty much did)

Chris

I don't think it a 24+ setlist will happen, but I think it isn't dreaming to hope that it might happen. It's not like Coldplay doesn't have enough hits. They seem to overload new songs into their setlist every tour, which is fine trusting that they are good, but I wished rarer, yet amazing songs got more regular live time. Amsterdam, Trouble, Shiver, White Shadows, Strawberry Swing all are songs that are live favorites and if you add them to an ordinary set list it could look like this:

1. LP6 opener

2. Politik

3. In My Place

4. Shiver

5. LP6

6. Speed of Sound

7. Yellow

8. Paradise

9. Violet Hill

10. GPASUYF

11. What if

12. LP6

13 Trouble

14. LP6

15. Strawberry Swing

16. Viva La Vida

17. LP6 Closer

Encore 1

18. LP6 Lead Single

19. Us Against the World

20. White Shadows

21. Fix You

Encore 2

22. Twisted Logic (:D)

23. The Scientist

24. Clocks

25. Lover In Japan

26. Amsterdam

Is that so bad? As I said, perhaps it won't be this album. I am hoping for a 24 song set list (probably around 2 hours long). Eventually though, if they keep recording new albums, they will should stop cutting and start adding to the set list, or lower the amount of new songs. No one wants a concert (I hope) without Clocks or The Scientist in it.

• 2 months later...

Setlist?

4. Keep Hurts like heaven, ETDIAWF and Charlie brown/Paradise (maybe you switch around those two halfway through the tour).

3. Bring back the Fix You lamp: For some reason, I think it is the best prop I have ever seen used in a concert. It symbolizes hope and the way he swings the light around the stadium is just epic.

Love your ideas! Especially the swinging light- someone should petition for that. Paradise will always be safe though- it was their biggest hit on MX.

We'll probably end up with this sort of a setlist.

MAIN STAGE

1. LP6 Opener

2. In My Place

3. Paradise

4. LP6 Song

5. Lovers In Japan

6. GPASUYF (New LP6 Version... Not the VLV or MX version. Acoustic?)

7. LP6 Song

8. Viva La Vida

9. LP6 Song

10. ETIAW

B-STAGE (Acoustic Set?)

11.* ???

12. LP6 Song

13.* ???

14. The Scientist

MAIN STAGE

15. Violet Hill

16. Clocks

17.* ???

18. Charlie Brown

19. LP6 Song

ENCORE

C-STAGE (Audience? It'd have to be a bigger stage than the MX one, as this is not an acoustic set).

20.* ???

21. LP6 Song

22. Yellow

23. Fix You

24. LP6 Song

Foot Notes:

#11: Candidates include Don't Panic, Green Eyes, Us Against the World, or something more creative. How about Everything's Not "Lost?" as an idea; a mix between the singalong Everything's Not Lost and the piano acoustic "Lost?"? Think of it like the GPASUYF/Talk merge during VLV Tour.

#13 Candidates include Swallowed in the Sea, Amsterdam, Up in Flames, 42, or Til Kingdom Come.

#17: Candidates include Talk, Strawberry Swing, White Shadows, or Shiver.

#20: Candidates include Politik, Hurts Like Heaven, Square One, or Trouble.

Life is for Living (as always) would close the main set at some festivals, and Christmas Lights would appear seasonally as needed.

I think we'll see a slight extension in the set, and it'll keep the same, usual format: Greatest Hits, New Songs, and 2-4 older songs.

Setlist that I would really love:

Lp6 opener

Yellow

In My Place

Lp6 song

Violet Hill

The Scientist

Lovers in Japan

Charlie Brown

Amsterdam

BSTAGE

Don't panic

Shiver

Lp6 acoustic

Speed of sound/GPASUYF

UATW

Main

Lp6 song

Paradise

Viva la vida

The hardest part

Lp6 song

Lp6 song

Everythings not lost

Life is for living

Encore

MX / HLH

Lp6 song

DLIBYH

White shadows

Fix you

Lp6 closer

• 4 months later...

So, I think the set for the Majority of the LP6 Tour should go something like this:

Main Stage :-

-LP6 Opener (I think this will be quite slow paced, building to a crescendo of sorts)

-Us Against The World

-Every Teardrop

-Atlas <3

-Clocks

-LP6

X-Stage Equivalent

-Talk

-Postcards (I can wish, right? :P)

-Glass of Water

-Yellow (Acoustic)

-The Hardest Part

-LP6