✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wish list for next era tour

Kingzilla

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I'd rather Chris run around and have a good time, than sit in one spot and look half-interested.

I love Chris running around too and I didn't say anywhere that he should just sit in one spot and look half-interested..:thinking: but the songs just seem rather rushed in this era. For instance, when Major Minus ends, LIJ starts already. I'd rather have Chris talk a bit more in between and them taking their time a bit more than just rushing. It's just like they have a 1:30 deadline or something....

I love Chris running around too and I didn't say anywhere that he should just sit in one spot and look half-interested..:thinking: but the songs just seem rather rushed in this era. For instance, when Major Minus ends, LIJ starts already. I'd rather have Chris talk a bit more in between and them taking their time a bit more than just rushing. It's just like they have a 1:30 deadline or something....

I wasn't accusing you of saying that. ;)

I agree, however. There just doesn't seem to be much of a break between songs.

I wasn't accusing you of saying that. ;)

I agree, however. There just doesn't seem to be much of a break between songs.

Yes, that's a thing I really hope they change in the next era tour. More laid back, like during the VLV era. I remember Chris telling an entire story when he sat down at his piano just before he was going to play The Hardest Part at the Goffertpark in 2009. He doesn't seem to talk a lot in between songs anymore these days.. except for his usual ''Is there anybody out there?'' and ''Is everybody okay?'':P

I hope they have a nice balance of new songs and old songs. If they do have a smaller setlist, I don't want 7 new songs unless the new album is legendary. Maybe 4 songs out of 23. Then you can have 3 from Parachutes, 6 out of ROBTTH, 3 X&Y songs, 4 Viva La Vida, and 3 MX songs.

I'm hoping for Amsterdam in their setlists. That song is great. They need to keep the following songs from Mylo Xyloto: Paradise, Charlie Brown, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart. I would love it if they played Shiver and Trouble. Lost! needs to get back into the setlist as well. I hope they will keep or change up the XYLOBANDS idea. Plus, they need to perform two shows in Atlanta.

I love Coldplay so very much!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if when the LP6 tour really gets underway (like the April-December MX shows, by comparison) only Charlie Brown and Paradise from MX remain on the setlist. I think earlier when it's just festivals and random dates MX/HLH, ETIAW and UATW will make appearances though.

I hope they do start to do 2 hour shows, even if they have to do more slow or acoustic songs to not get worn out, those portions of the show are well received already.

And yes, even though color was a staple of MX shows. I rewatched Live 2003 (or rather watched it for the first time) last week and realized it's always been a part of Coldplay shows. So yes, I still want lasers, confetti, and of course Xylobands (judging by the Brooklyn show future shows are going to be very pricy - so they can't tell me money will be an issue, I think they've adjusted for it) The question is, how will they do these things to still make a new experience? Wristbands that change colors? More or less color options? Or maybe use them the whole show instead of for just the MX songs. That'll be something for another thread I suppose.

1. Bigger setlist: I am hoping for at least 25 30 songs next tour. They have enough hits to do a three hour, 40 song concert if they wanted so a two hour one would be easy enough with hits to spare. I don't know why they haven't increased it, but with six albums with probably around 90-100 songs that they will have, it isn't too much to ask for a bigger set list.

this man actually wants coldplay to die

I guess it will be probably like this:

Parachutes:

Yellow

AROBTTH:

In My Place

The Scientist

Clocks

X&Y:

Fix You

VLV:

Viva La Vida

Violet Hill

(maybe another song)

MX:

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

(maybe another song)

New album:

7-8 songs

And one-two "rare" song here and there...

Honestly, I don't see them not playing on the safe side. They stick to their and the audience's comfort zone.

However, out of each album, I would really like them to add:

Parachutes: Don't Panic

AROBTTH : Politik and Amsterdam

X&Y : Square One and Talk

VLV : Death And All His Friends and LIT II

MX : Us Against The World

• 2 weeks later...
I think MX era is pretty much over so I've been thinking about what I want in a few years (or sooner I hope). I've made a top 5 list:

3. Bring back the Fix You lamp: For some reason, I think it is the best prop I have ever seen used in a concert. It symbolizes hope and the way he swings the light around the stadium is just epic.

2. Amsterdam as a regular: it's probably my favorite Coldplay song and I REALLY want to hear Amsterdam when they come to Vancouver. Even if it is the acoustic version, I don't mind, but I'd prefer the rocking version.

yes yes , a thousand times yes !!

Less show more Coldplay I'd generally say