✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ways to reduce stress

EmmaLouiseSmyth

I have terrible problems with stress (to the point where If you look up the symptoms, I probably have had all of them at one time or another). One of the signs is small habits and annoyingly I can't stop rubbing my hands through my hair and pulling out hair. I only just changed my bed sheets and there are already loads of loose hairs on it :uhoh: :sad: My sister even said that she noticed thinner patches on my head.

I start exams on Tuesday and I finish in over a month. I would like to still have hair by the end.

Does anyone have any good tips for reducing stress? Does anyone else suffer from stress problems?

I suck a dealing with it, I just take 10 minutes out with some music that chills me out and a cup of tea when I'm revising and it usually helps unless I then procrastinate/fall asleep and get even more stressed out.

For me it's either food or orgasms, but I wouldn't recommend either of these for dealing with it as it'll only ruin them.

If it's getting bad then maybe you could ask a doctor. Alternatively music, as mentioned above, funny youtube videos or a conversation with somebody who is willing to listen and can break things down for you and put things into perspective.

a nice way of handling stress is by exercise. it helps in many ways. when i'm stressed out or angry i take a walk and don't stop until i'm really tired. i discovered that it helps me deal with the feeling better. if you can't step outside for a walk, you can also pace about in a room. it's best done where you can be alone so that no one would see you.

Guest LiquidSky

meditate.. at least for 10 minutes or even 5 minutes, it's a big help. Also, as people have mentioned above, exercise helps a lot :wink:

I suffer from anxiety, low blood pressure, high stress and when i get too stressed I stop breathing and i need to use vitamins, medicines and other things, is like i'm ill.

Usually when i'm too stressed i listen to the album Von by Sigur Ros while laying on my bed or i cuddle with my mother.

Sometimes I just need a day off, to make things clear, find out what's the cause of my stress mood and trying to solve it.

I'm going to take blood exams, allergic exams, exams at eyes and ears and a cause of stress could be the pain caused by my braces but lucky for me I'll take them off in a month

I suffer from anxiety, low blood pressure, high stress and when i get too stressed I stop breathing and i need to use vitamins, medicines and other things, is like i'm ill.

Usually when i'm too stressed i listen to the album Von by Sigur Ros while laying on my bed or i cuddle with my mother.

Sometimes I just need a day off, to make things clear, find out what's the cause of my stress mood and trying to solve it.

I'm going to take blood exams, allergic exams, exams at eyes and ears and a cause of stress could be the pain caused by my braces but lucky for me I'll take them off in a month

:hug: I can't even imagine what that would be like. I find it hard to deal with minor stress.

Few weeks back my stress did get the the better of me somedays. I even had to call my boyfriend and ask him to come over to help calm me down when I start getting an anxiety attack D; he only lives a 5 minute walk away, but I feel like I'm being annoying asking.

Best to repress these emotions, ball them up deep, deep down so that they can fester and manifest themselves in other ways, until finally one day it all comes out in one, unrestrained massive explosion.

One website was particularly helpful:

The following are a few examples of the methods people use to avoid feeling their emotions.

•Ignoring your feelings

•Pretending something hasn’t happened

•Overeating

•Eating foods loaded with sugar and fat

•Excessive drinking of alcohol

•Excessive use of recreational drugs

•Using prescription drugs such as tranquilizers or Prozac

•Exercising compulsively

•Any type of compulsive behavior

•Excessive sex with or without a partner

•Always keeping busy so you can’t feel

•Constant intellectualizing and analyzing

•Excessive reading or TV

•Working Excessively

•Keeping conversations superficial

•Burying angry emotions under the mask of peace and love

Have fun!

I couldn't believe anyone would be serious with those suggestions

Although I suggested stress reducing methods, I tend to have a bad habit on the internets of getting a bit too mad and shouting at the monitor. Apparently this is common. Though at times it leaks into the posts unfiltered which ends up in an awful display (at least it's not as bad as before I guess). The moment I start getting angry to the point of manic is the only time I go for tea and call the boyfriend for a chat... probably should do that earlier than that point.

don't worry guys. i found the solution

http://blimpcat.tumblr.com/post/48556245722/i-was-listening-to-this-song-when-i-came-across

i can't stop laughing.

Also exercise is good :wacko: I had to walk to my first exam and I was pretty good and relaxed before it... annoyingly I did have to wait another 30 minutes for it to to start, but still good :nice:

Probably would have been nicer if it wasn't raining. I had no hoodie or hat either.