✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange XV (Summer edition)

Wyrd

Get outta yo comfort zone!

I'm not against going out of my comfort zone. I'm simply telling my partner how it is. :tongue:

You do bring up a point I want to emphasize to my partner, though. While there are things I don't like, I'm pretty broad-minded, and I'll listen to anything at least once. Feel free to go as much outside the box with this as you wish. It could actually be really cool in the sense of me exploring things I don't quite know so well and could remove any preconceived notions I might have of certain genres or artists. What you do is ultimately your decision, and I'll appreciate your effort no matter what you do. :nice:

Well, now that I know who I'm making the mixtape for I've changed a good deal of the songs I'd previously selected. Really looking forward to he/she/it hearing the tape and getting their reaction! It clocks in at 86 minutes though, do you all think that that's too long?

It really depends on who your partner is. Not that this really helps you, as you're really sorta new to the forum in itself, let alone the exchange. It's the best answer to your question, though. I know I personally LOVE the long tapes with a lot of tracks on them, but there are some who don't. I remember someone who specifically requested that her partner make her tape no longer than 50 minutes because she said she couldn't listen to much more than that in one sitting and would probably get bored.

Unless your partner posts in the thread that he/she would rather not have a long tape, I suggest you go with your gut and share what you want.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now back from Poland after an amazing time, seriously, Polish people are the nicest people I've ever come across and I highly recommend the Open'er festival to anyone, absolutely incredible!

Anyway, to my mixtape maker, I'm a fan of everything except I'm extremely limited towards rap/hip-hop/R&B.

Other than that, willing to give anything else a try. Make it as personal as possible, I want you to make me feel what it is that brings you joy, sadness, love, I want to hear the music that makes you, you. I look forward to hearing it!

To the person I'm making a mixtape for, you're in for a treat, head is booming with ideas and could end up with several mixtapes to choose on. Look forward to what you think of it!

Some upload links to use

Sendspace.com

Mediafire.com (may be problematic because of copyright scans)

Uploaded.net (you have to register with your e-mail but it’s for free)

Rapidgator.net (you have to register with your e-mail but it’s for free)

To get in the mood, here's already a link to a summer mixtape (not made by me)

I've almost finished piecing mine toghether. However, I don't know if I'll be able to upload mine before the deadline (I'll be on vacation next week and I don't know if the internet connection there will be good enough) :\

I hate it when I find out new artists that sound amazing and I end up being tempted to change my mixtape so I can share the new artist I liked. Anyone else have this dilemma a bit?

Me too. I am having trouble getting the mixtape down to a good number of songs :/ I am on 25 and my heart breaks when I delete one of the songs lol

As expected, internet connection here is crap and it's impossible for me to upload the mixtape, so I'll probably miss the deadline :(
It's okay. You've notified us in advance and I know you're one of the people that will do it afterwards, not like those people that then disappear from coldplaying for a month without letting us know anything. I'm sure your partner can wait a tiny bit more for the tape.

I've updated the fist post by adding links to upload the mixtapes.

Is http://www.filedropper.com/index.php also a possibility to upload the mixtapes?

OK so took me forever to figure out exactly how to do this but I managed! Now just to figure out how to upload it somewhere... Can we just send it to our person as soon as its ready?

Edit: hah OK I just read the rest of the thread... sorry! Will get it uploaded tomorrow sometime.

So excited!!!