✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange XV (Summer edition)

Wyrd

Okay so I've listened to it and I loved it!

I'm going to do a track by track review:

1. I don't know who they are, and I'm not going to use shazam or something, great opening, I really like this song, it's so calm, I really really like the music, it's perfect, the quality of the song is really high though the singer's voice is not really my piece of cake!

2. She's Thunderstorms by Arctic Monkeys! Ah! I love Arctic Monkeys, not one of my fav bands, but I have all their albums on spotify, so I know all their songs! And I really like this one

3. Another song that I don't know, but I really liked it. The music, the voice, the voice is really really good, I like it! This song is so emotional...

4. To Lose My Life by White Lies! This is one of the few songs by them that I know, I don't really like them but this song is very cool

5. OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU! You put Gogol Bordello!!! Oh my god I thought no one knew them! I absolutely love them, they are so strange, I love them. Really oh my god I was so surprised ahah! They even did one song in Italian, well sort of, they did in Ukrainian but with italian swears ah! It's called Santa Marinella.

6. Kids by MGMT <3 Aaaaah love them! I always listen to them in summer, they are so good.

7. Little Black Submarines by The Black Keys. I don't know them very well but I like this song and I'm in love with the drummer, he's just an idiot and love him ahahhaha

8. I don't know them, maybe is my least favourite song in the mixtape. I don't like this sound, I always find songs like this a little bit immature. But it fits so it's okay!

9. Don't know them either, I love the bass in this song, but I don't really like the singer's voice. maybe because is really monotone!

10. I really like this song, I love this type of songs, simple and acoustic

11. Don't know them, I really liked the part after 03:05

12. Indie Rock 'n Roll by The Killers, great ending for a mixtape!

So I liked this mixtape, the songs were short so easy to listen to, my favourite song was Immigrant Punk by Gogol Bordello, I just... the owner of this mixtape gained a lot of respect just for that song!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixtape Review, Summer 2013

This is the first time I’m taking part in the mixtape challenge! My mix came with a cool artwork and a note saying it accompanied a fanfiction about My Little Pony. This had me worried- I have not seen a single episode of that show in my life. This playlist however is pretty damn good.

Track 1: Greenday maybe? Hmmm well I’m not the biggest fan of that band, so I didn’t enjoy it all that much. There’s a pretty good guitar solo in there?

Track 2: No idea who this is… I like it though- some bittersweet verses leading into a cheerful chorus.

Track 3: Sounds familiar... but I have no clue who this is! Down to earth and uplifting.

Track 4: ‘Beneath Your Beautiful’, Labrinth :D God knows songs like these made me love R&B again. One of my top 10 songs from 2012 probably.

Track 5/ Track 6: NOW WE’RE TALKING! Imagine Dragons, ‘It’s Time’. Gotta love those lyrics, such a great rhythm too. This song is followed by a pleasant, short instrumental (I’m assuming by Imagine Dragons?) and adds a nice contrast to the upbeat songs before it.

Track 7: Stumped. No idea who this is by, but I love it instantly! I played it twice actually. Those lyrics are brilliant; ‘Show me what this life is for…’ the sort of lyrics that get stuck in my head quite easily. Great beat, and very emotional.

Track 8: ‘Hall of Fame’ by The Script and will.i.am- hmmmmm. One of those songs that get overplayed quite easily I think- though there’s no denying it’s a decent song.

Track 9: Oh yes. ‘Love Somebody’ by Maroon 5. So danceable, so catchy, so good. ‘Overexposed’ seems to be a source of endless hits for Maroon 5…

Track 10: Another one I’ve never heard before- it’s got my thumbs up though. Starts with a slow tempo and good beat, builds up to a great climax! The baritone voice of the singer reminds me of Nick Cave.

Track 11: Never heard this one either, and though it’s a decent song… lyrics like ‘You should never fight your feelings’ put me off a bit… I have to say I like the orchestral swell in that chorus.

Track 12: This playlist is officially awesome; OneRepublic ‘Feel Again’. I’ve been listening to this and ‘Counting Starts’ NON STOP the past few weeks! Like so many other OneRepublic songs it’s bold and moving. Great end to any playlist!

I found the playlist beautifully balanced- it was quite upbeat and cheerful! I don’t know anything about the story that goes with this playlist but it’s not hard to tell that it all fits together. Though the first two songs had me a bit nervous I loved most of the songs, and found it a pleasure to listen to. Good job!

I'm so anxious to get mine! I'm extremely interested in what it's gonna sound like!
I'm sorry :bigcry:

Yours will be there soon as will the others.

I am very pleased by how well everything goes. I didn't have to send any reminders and people that are late are really trying to fix it to be not too late.

Track 10: Another one I’ve never heard before- it’s got my thumbs up though. Starts with a slow tempo and good beat, builds up to a great climax! The baritone voice of the singer reminds me of Nick Cave.
This sounds like this is Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street :heart:

This is the first time I’m taking part in the mixtape challenge! My mix came with a cool artwork and a note saying it accompanied a fanfiction about My Little Pony. This had me worried- I have not seen a single episode of that show in my life. This playlist however is pretty damn good.

Track 1: Greenday maybe? Hmmm well I’m not the biggest fan of that band, so I didn’t enjoy it all that much. There’s a pretty good guitar solo in there?

Track 2: No idea who this is… I like it though- some bittersweet verses leading into a cheerful chorus.

Track 3: Sounds familiar... but I have no clue who this is! Down to earth and uplifting.

Track 4: ‘Beneath Your Beautiful’, Labrinth :D God knows songs like these made me love R&B again. One of my top 10 songs from 2012 probably.

Track 5/ Track 6: NOW WE’RE TALKING! Imagine Dragons again, ‘It’s Time’. Gotta love those lyrics, such a great rhythm too. This song is followed by a pleasant, short instrumental (I’m assuming by Imagine Dragons?) and adds a nice contrast to the upbeat songs before it.

Track 7: Stumped. No idea who this is by, but I love it instantly! I played it twice actually. Those lyrics are brilliant; ‘Show me what this life is for…’ the sort of lyrics that get stuck in my head quite easily. Great beat, and very emotional.

Track 8: ‘Hall of Fame’ by The Script and someone and will.i.am- hmmmmm. One of those songs that get overplayed quite easily I think- though there’s no denying it’s a decent song.

Track 9: Oh yes. ‘Love Somebody’ by Maroon 5. So danceable, so catchy, so good. ‘Overexposed’ seems to be a source of endless hits for Maroon 5…

Track 11: Never heard this one either, and though it’s a decent song… lyrics like ‘You should never fight your feelings’ put me off a bit… I have to say I like the orchestral swell in that chorus.

Track 12: This playlist is officially awesome; OneRepublic ‘Feel Again’. I’ve been listening to this and ‘Counting Starts’ NON STOP the past few weeks! Like so many other OneRepublic songs it’s bold and moving. Great end to any playlist!

I found the playlist beautifully balanced- it was quite upbeat and cheerful! I don’t know anything about the story that goes with this playlist but it’s not hard to tell that it all fits together. Though the first two songs had me a bit nervous I loved most of the songs, and found it a pleasure to listen to. Good job!

I’m really glad you liked my mixtape, DieProspekt! Although I think there’s some kind of mistake. The track list isn’t meant to be in that order... Tracks 1-5 are actually supposed to be AFTER tracks 6-12! It’s switched sides!

:thinking:

Oh well, as long as you had a great time listening to it! :P

For those who don’t know, I took my talents in writing to the pony fandom and wrote a fanfiction called The Academy, and this mixtape is the accompanying soundtrack to that fic.

Firstly, I’ll help you fill the missing gaps and reply to your comments!

Track 1 is indeed Green Day. It’s “X-Kid” off ¡Tré!, and while it may not be the best song by green Day, it’s the one that fitted a melancholy feeling and atmosphere, which is why I felt that I needed to mix the song in. It signals the end of depression which was supposed to be represented by the previous three tracks, which are now tracks 10-12 on this copy of the mixtape!

Track 2, is “Sing” by My Chemical Romance from their final album Danger Days. “Down to Earth and uplifting” was what I was exactly aiming for! Considering this song actually is later on in the album, and is sort of the climax to The Academy. The final test, if you will.

Track 3 is “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons off Night Visions. A very down-to-earth song indeed, as it is the song that effectively closes the story of The Academy, sort of a "We Did It!" ending, only marked in Imagine Dragons' wacky sound!

“Beneath Your Beautiful” by Labrinth off Electronic Earth is oddly enough in everyone’s top 10 lists! And it in a way deserves it, along with the rest of Electronic Earth, which was an album that practically revived the R&B scene in Britain! This song serves as an epilogue to The Academy, where, well, the song speaks for itself.

“It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons off Night Visions is the overall “theme song” to The Academy. If you fall down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep pressing on. That’s the intended message of “It’s Time” and by far than just a simple message in The Academy, it’s practically a plot device! This track actually closes the mixtape.

Track 6 is “Motionless” by Birds of Tokyo off my favourite album of 2013 so far, March Fires. It is also the instrumental that follows “It’s Time” and is supposed to close the album. “Motionless” is actually the album opener, and from here on in, it’s the correct order.

Track 7 is yet another Imagine Dragons track, this time “Round and Round” off Continued Silence. “very emotional” was also what I was hoping for! It’s practically the song that sets the tone of the story. It’s also my favourite Imagine Dragons song!

“Hall of Fame” by The Script off #3 is overplayed, but it’s pretty much the only song that I could find that fitted the sense of “You Can Do This!” and a calm-before-the-storm emotion at the same time.

“Love Somebody” by Maroon 5 is definitely danceable and catchy. While I actually dislike Overexposed as an album, “Love Somebody” had that groove and feel that i like in pop songs, and is the perfect match for a particular eccentric and womanising character in The Academy.

With Track 10 we slip into the depressive stage of the album I was talking about earlier. Track 10 is “Demons” by The National off Trouble Will Find Me. At the time of this mixtape’s release, the song was very new. So new that the album it was featured on was not even a week old! Yet, I felt a great connection between this song and the characters of The Academy, which is why I threw it in!

Track 11 is “Nature’s Law” by the one and only Embrace off This New Day. You know, that band Coldplay gave “Gravity” to? “Nature’s Law”, alongside “It’s Time” was also another inspiration for The Academy as a whole too. The sense that we are all part of something greater and that we shouldn’t combat it, evoked by “Nature’s Law” is also a major theme in The Academy.

“Feel Again” by OneRepublic off Native might be a great way to end a mixtape, but unfortunately this song actually doesn’t end the mixtape. Sorry! “Feel Again” was truly the song that got me into OneRepublic, and while I don’t particularly like their previous material, Native, however, is bold and daring. Another contender for album of the year! Also, "Counting Stars" is a fucking amazing song as well!

Soundtrack to Philip Graham’s The Academy

RazorEye_-_Soundtrack_to_Philip_Graham%27s_The_Academy.jpg

Released May 28, 2013

under Sarasota Dreams

01. "Motionless" by Birds of Tokyo

02. "Round and Round" by Imagine Dragons

03. "Hall of Fame" by The Script

04. "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5

05. "Demons" by The National

06. "Nature's Law" by Embrace

07. "Feel Again"

08. "X-Kid" by Green Day

09. "Sing" by My Chemical Romance

10. "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons

11. "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth

12. "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons

Listen to the mixtape here!

112048_r.png?1371914021

Read The Academy here!

You can also check out official Sarasota Dreams index files on both the novel and the soundtrack!

This sounds like this is Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street :heart:

So close, yet so far... :laugh3:

Track 7 is yet another Imagine Dragons track, this time “Round and Round” off Continued Silence. “very emotional” was also what I was hoping for! It’s practically the song that sets the tone of the story. It’s also my favourite Imagine Dragons song!

That's my favorite Imagine Dragons song too! Great mixtape overall!

Alright, so this is my first time taking part in and reviewing a mixtape and I gotta say; I really liked this one!

I could tell that the creator of the mixtape really went out of his/her way to make this a ‘summer mixtape’ which I really enjoyed. Also, there was a diverse sound to the music. A couple electronic/dance tracks, aided by a couple indie tracks, and a modern radio hit here and there to make a nice balance throughout the mixtape.

Track 1: This song has a definite electronic, borderline-club-music, beat to it. It’s killing me not knowing this one because I KNOW the singer’s voice! Nero? Kibby? The Naked and Famous? I started going into spasms about half way through when I couldn’t remember her name! Overall though, not totally my type of music, but a solid electronic track nonetheless.

Track 2: Oh yeah! Pompeii by Bastille. I’ve had this song on a continuous loop all summer! Great choice.

Track 3: Starts out with a deep drum beat that pretty much had me right off the bat followed by some really catchy guitar riffing akin to Daft Punk’s new disco-funk sound. Backed up by a series of reverb vocals saying, “Now I’m falling!” Ends with a chorus of singers, accompanied by that same rhythmic guitar playing, chanting “I’ll never give up.” A nice, solid track. Gotta find out who this is!

Track 4: “We used to kiss all night but now there’s just no use…” Okay, I've gotta say, this one turned me off quite a bit. The only sound to accompany the first 40 seconds or so of electronic instrumentation was an annoying loop of someone saying, what I can only guess was, “WOW”. That got on my nerves from the get-go. The lyrics that came in around 50 seconds into the song didn’t have me sold either. Kind of just shallow sounding lyrics. Not my piece of cake but I can understand why the mixer added it since it definitely fits into the ‘summer mixtape’ category.

Track 5: Slow start with someone singing hushed and muffled-like with what I think was an organ providing the main tempo. Eventually little bells, or is that a xylophone(?), fade in. A piano joins in on the slow buildup as drums also come in to create a bigger, more epic sound. There’s a real sense of grandeur with this song. Wasn’t sure at first, but I ADORE songs like this that build up to something really climactic. Cosmic might be a good word to describe the end of the song. Just an ethereal feel to the whole track. LOVE IT.

Track 6: Interesting sound with this one. Female vocalist starts the song with what sounds like bongos joined by a violin(s). I might categorize this as ‘world’ music if it weren't for the singer herself and the modern quality of the production.

Track 7: “Don’t you think it’s boring how people talk?” Indeed, I do. Déjà vu here. I vaguely remember hearing this song somewhere, sometime. Pretty decent electro-pop song. There’s actually a high-school-esque vibe to this song as if it’s something that you would hear on Degrassi or 90210. :lol:

Track 8: I like the use of a variety of instruments with this one. Kind of reminiscent of Arcade Fire since there’s a wide array of instruments used while maintaining a down-to-earth sound with their traditional guitar plucking and multi-vocalist lyrics. Ended with what I thought was an odd sound, even with the myriad instruments used throughout the song. Decent song though.

Track 9: Starting out, I thought I was listening to Keane, but then about 10 seconds in a distorted electric guitar sound threw that idea out the window. Still, there’s a definite piano-rock quality to the song. Very different than traditional piano-rock outfits so I liked that aspect of it. Then all of the sudden horns were added to the song and the whole thing seemed to come together. Absolutely loved the song by this time! I’ve never heard it before so I really want to know who this is!!!

Track 10: I know this one! I want to say Bombay Bicycle Club, but it might be Two Door Cinema Club… Either way unique, indie baroque pop sound.

Track 11: Diane Young by Vampire Weekend! Gotta say, you couldn’t have ended the mixtape on a better song. Perfect song from one of my favorite albums of the year so far!

To the one who gave me his/her mixtape, gonna take a bit to review it since it's all smooched together into one song. Taking my time to take notes of my reactions and then listen to it whole without disturbance. I like it so far.

Alright, so this is my first time taking part in and reviewing a mixtape and I gotta say; I really liked this one!

I could tell that the creator of the mixtape really went out of his/her way to make this a ‘summer mixtape’ which I really enjoyed. Also, there was a diverse sound to the music. A couple electronic/dance tracks, aided by a couple indie tracks, and a modern radio hit here and there to make a nice balance throughout the mixtape.

Track 1: This song has a definite electronic, borderline-club-music, beat to it. It’s killing me not knowing this one because I KNOW the singer’s voice! Nero? Kibby? The Naked and Famous? I started going into spasms about half way through when I couldn’t remember her name! Overall though, not totally my type of music, but a solid electronic track nonetheless.

Track 2: Oh yeah! Pompeii by Bastille. I’ve had this song on a continuous loop all summer! Great choice.

Track 3: Starts out with a deep drum beat that pretty much had me right off the bat followed by some really catchy guitar riffing akin to Daft Punk’s new disco-funk sound. Backed up by a series of reverb vocals saying, “Now I’m falling!” Ends with a chorus of singers, accompanied by that same rhythmic guitar playing, chanting “I’ll never give up.” A nice, solid track. Gotta find out who this is!

Track 4: “We used to kiss all night but now there’s just no use…” Okay, I've gotta say, this one turned me off quite a bit. The only sound to accompany the first 40 seconds or so of electronic instrumentation was an annoying loop of someone saying, what I can only guess was, “WOW”. That got on my nerves from the get-go. The lyrics that came in around 50 seconds into the song didn’t have me sold either. Kind of just shallow sounding lyrics. Not my piece of cake but I can understand why the mixer added it since it definitely fits into the ‘summer mixtape’ category.

Track 5: Slow start with someone singing hushed and muffled-like with what I think was an organ providing the main tempo. Eventually little bells, or is that a xylophone(?), fade in. A piano joins in on the slow buildup as drums also come in to create a bigger, more epic sound. There’s a real sense of grandeur with this song. Wasn’t sure at first, but I ADORE songs like this that build up to something really climactic. Cosmic might be a good word to describe the end of the song. Just an ethereal feel to the whole track. LOVE IT.

Track 6: Interesting sound with this one. Female vocalist starts the song with what sounds like bongos joined by a violin(s). I might categorize this as ‘world’ music if it weren't for the singer herself and the modern quality of the production.

Track 7: “Don’t you think it’s boring how people talk?” Indeed, I do. Déjà vu here. I vaguely remember hearing this song somewhere, sometime. Pretty decent electro-pop song. There’s actually a high-school-esque vibe to this song as if it’s something that you would hear on Degrassi or 90210. :lol:

Track 8: I like the use of a variety of instruments with this one. Kind of reminiscent of Arcade Fire since there’s a wide array of instruments used while maintaining a down-to-earth sound with their traditional guitar plucking and multi-vocalist lyrics. Ended with what I thought was an odd sound, even with the myriad instruments used throughout the song. Decent song though.

Track 9: Starting out, I thought I was listening to Keane, but then about 10 seconds in a distorted electric guitar sound threw that idea out the window. Still, there’s a definite piano-rock quality to the song. Very different than traditional piano-rock outfits so I liked that aspect of it. Then all of the sudden horns were added to the song and the whole thing seemed to come together. Absolutely loved the song by this time! I’ve never heard it before so I really want to know who this is!!!

Track 10: I know this one! I want to say Bombay Bicycle Club, but it might be Two Door Cinema Club… Either way unique, indie baroque pop sound.

Track 11: Diane Young by Vampire Weekend! Gotta say, you couldn’t have ended the mixtape on a better song. Perfect song from one of my favorite albums of the year so far!

This was my tape :nice: thank you for such the positive feedback :blush: I wasn't sure you would even like it ( I just couldn't find many posts about your taste in music, haha).

The tracklist:

Ellie Goulding - Anything could happen

Bastille - Pompeii

Haim - Falling

Solange - Losing you

Youth Lagoon - July

Yuna - Live your life

Lorde - Tennis Courts

Metronomy - The Look

Two Door Cinema Club - Sun

Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle

Vampire Weekend - Diane Young

I took a chance with Solange ( the one you weren't too fond of). Tbh, it took me a while to get into that song, so maybe not a good mixtape choice, but I thought it worked well with the rest of the tracks.

Thank you again!

OOOH, yours IS summery, Emma. Very nice! :wacko:

On a slightly sadder note, I'm one of the people waiting on a tape... :\ I shouldn't complain, given I was late on getting mine in myself this time (SORRY, PARTNER), but still. :bigcry:

OOOH, yours IS summery, Emma. Very nice! :wacko:

On a slightly sadder note, I'm one of the people waiting on a tape... :\ I shouldn't complain, given I was late on getting mine in myself this time (SORRY, PARTNER), but still. :bigcry:

Gave it to you when I saw you handed in yours :)

Now everyone should have their tapes :D

I'll update the first post with reviews and links to mixtapes :awesome:

Review time!

Have to say I enjoyed the mix a lot, felt very summery to me and could definitely pick out like a story was being told, like an adventure, going from one song to the next. Whoever made it, laid it out well.

Track 1

I love this song, the way it starts with a cool drumbeat and then the sax coming in and slowly more adding to it, backing vocals, bass and out of nowhere it just kicks off. Love the voice and such a cool song. Really look forward to finding out who sings it cos I've no idea. If I had to guess what it's called I'd go with "Cold Water". Seriously, this chorus is cool. One of my favourites on the mix.

9/10

Track 2

This one is a lot more laid back than the opening track, has a very summery vibe to it. The voice reminds me of Stereophonics but the song overall makes me think of Primal Scream. It's a cool, funky song, like I said, it's very laid back. There's a long period of no vocals but it works, just makes me to want to go and lie on the grass and watch clouds pass by under a blue sky.

7/10

Track 3

An instrumental track this time. More of a electronica feel to it, very bass heavy, which is cool, you don't seem to hear that too much these days. I reckon this is from the 90's, it has that kind of feel to it. Another cool track although it does get a little repetitive after a while.

6/10

Track 4

This is by far the most summery track on the mix. I recognise the voice but can't place the band. It's laid back but upbeat, has a nice beat, nicely composed too. I'm guessing it's called "A Part Of Me"? I love the last 50 seconds when the guitar becomes more dominant in the song. Brilliant song, short and sweet.

8/10

Track 5

This song kicks off with a bit of humming and a soft acoustic guitar enters shortly. It has a haunting feel to it but it's a lovely song. The woman's voice is soft too and adds more to the atmosphere that the song is creating. I'm sure I've heard this song on an advert before, not that that matters. A lovely song.

8/10

Track 6

This song is my favourite on the mixtape. Starts out with a piano being played and is followed up by a really delicate male voice. You can almost feel his pain as he sings about this person who he's either lost or is in hospital or died. Then it picks up with intensity after he sings "when they told me there was no saving you…" A drumbeat enters in a cool style, with a synth in the background and guitar being played hard but it all cuts quickly and slowly ends with him oohing with some effects played under it. A beautiful song, look forward to hearing who this is.

10/10

Track 7

The itensity only gets heavier with the next song and it's the first one I actually know. I have a different version of it though, the version from Kick-Ass, which is titled "Big Daddy Kills". It's such a cool song, if you want to make it noted in a film or in this case a mix tape then this song will set the tone no problem.

9/10

Track 8

The mood changes immediately with just the opening keys of the piano. It's still not as upbeat as it was earlier in the mix but it's definitely more so than the last two. The overall impression is that this is The Stranglers who sing "Golden Brown" but I don't think it is. I like the song, the singer tells a good story, the drumbeat is cool too and the song is all set with a darkened feel to it.

7/10

Track 9

And there's that upbeat atmosphere again! Starts out with a fast 5 drum beat and it's cool, has a quirkiness about it. Love the guitar in it, it's a very cool song, following in the footsteps of most of the songs on this mix. The woman's voice has an Irish twang to it, are they an Irish band? Another well painted picture with the lyrics. There's a good story to the song, I like it.

8/10

Track 10

Track 10 has a sort of, the calm before the storm feel to it. Another electronica song but it's repetitive and doesn't seem to go anywhere which is disappointing.

4/10

Track 11

Sigur Rós! I love these guys, I'm seeing them in Dublin in November and can not wait! This is also one of my favourite tracks from them too, taken from their Untitled album and is the last track on it as well. This song starts out really nice and has a relaxing feel to it as you hear Jonsi playing away with his bow on the guitar. But from there on out it just slowly and gradually builds up once he starts singing. It takes awhile but the song eventually explodes with all the tension it builds up for a fantastic ending to the song. Brilliant song by a brilliant band!

10/10

Track 12

Hoodoo by Muse. Has a proper Western-cowboy feel to it, a bold but classy way to end the tape. You can feel the story coming to an end, almost giving you a chance to reflect on the last 60 minutes of music you've just gone through. Well played mate.

9/10

Overall, this mixtape is great, really enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing the track list. The music is great from start to end, thank you mixtape maker.

Overall = 9/10

Oh my god thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm so happy and so proud! Oh my God!

Here's the tracklist:

1. Ded Rabbit - Cold Water

2. The Verve - Gravity Grave

3. Subsonica - Atmosferico III

4. Malbec - The Answering Machine

5. The Accidental - Knock Knock

6. The Antlers - Kettering

7. John Murphy - In A Heartbeat

8. These New Puritans - Fragment Two

9. Crooked Fingers - Luisa's Bones

10.Depeche Mode - Junior Piankiller

11.Sigur Ros - Untitled (08)

12.Muse - Hoodoo

Atmosferico III, a 2002 song made by an italian band called, well, Subsonica and Junior Painkiller by Depeche Mode were put on the mixtape as a, sort of, transition.

The first one helps to translate to the most upbeat song (Ded Rabbit + The Verve) to the calm and slow ones.

Junior Painkiller helps to translate from the calm one to the strong one (Sigur Ros + Muse).

Being Italian puts me in a situation where the first thing that hits me is the music, and not the meaning of the lyrics, that's why those two songs seems to go "anywhere".

For Ded Rabbit, they are really unknown so it's difficult to find them on youtube, long ago I created a thread about them, here you go: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5521273

I'm really glad that you liked it :)

Okay so review time. I'm going to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the mixtape as a whole. It was just very long at 19 tracks :uhoh: It was kind of an odd mix. But a few good tracks in there.

1. A bit of electronic. It's short but a nice start to the tape.

2. The feel continues with this one. I do really like this one. A slightly rockery feel.

3. A slow start, but picks up. Quite nice :nice: it reminds me of radical face.

4. Ohh Spanish (well, it sounds like Spanish). I honestly wasn't a huge fan of this song. I didn't mind the chorus, but I couldn't wait for it to end :uhoh:

5. A really nice summery feeling song. I liked it, but it was not memorable.

6. Ehh, not a fan of this. I just don't like the singers and I found it a bit annoying.

7. A French singer now, a nice chill summer track.

8. An instrumental track now. It was just very repetitive and long :uhoh:

9. A bit more of a rocky feel, sounds like The Gossip :wacko: a cool song, but I wouldn't be running to add it to my ipod.

10. Keeping up with the rockier feel. A male singer with a typical rocker voice :uhoh: which i'm personal not a huge fan of generally.

11. OOOOH animal collective. I do love this song. It is my summer jam. So good choice there.

12. ewhhh no. Not a fan of the shouty sounding singers D; the song itself is nice and summery. I do like that.

13. Meh, ... a synth/indie track with a definite 90's feel

14. An okay song, like it was grand in the mix. But again, I wouldn't be rushing to buy it.

15. Quite a nice song, female singer with a quirky feel. It has a good upbeat feel to it.

16. Electronic song again, I like this one :wacko: is it discovery?

17. Oh a kind of rockier track again, with the same kind of typical rocker voice. I did not like this one at all. I just found it annoying.

18. The song from Madilta, nice memories of this song, but it feels weird in the mix.

19. And ending with Local Natives :wacko: i do quite like them.

Overall, it did have a very good summer feel to it. But I just thought there was no great flow to it :shrug: I liked some of the more electronic tracks, but I wasn't a fan of the rockier side to it. Sorry for being so critical :sad: