✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

I just realized that Paradise fits perfectly with the Hunger Games movies.

Im not saying that Chris found inspiration from The Hunger Games but I was listening to Paradise (I've been playing a lot of MX lately before Atlas comes out" and Katniss came to mind.

This is just 1 out of millions ways to interpret this song.

Obviously if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, stop reading. There are spoilers but nothing major.

"When she was just a girl

She expected the world

But it flew away from her reach

So she ran away in her sleep"

This is basically the first chapters of the series. When she was a little girl, she was full of hope and happy. She felt invisible and strong then her father died and everything went to hell (her mom checking out, her having to take care of her little sister while facing all the challenges of District 12, etc...)

"Dreamed of para- para- paradise

Para- para- paradise

Para- para- paradise

Every time she closed her eyes

Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh"

When she became friends with the Gale, she started of dreaming of "paradise" again. Gale and her were partners and she had hopes that things will be better, that she was the master of her own life.

"But it flew away from her reach

And the bullets catch in her teeth"

This is the rest of the 1st movie (book1) Her having to volunteer as a tribute, the killings, etc... What little hope she had, died when she participated in the hunger games.

"Life goes on

It gets so heavy

The wheel breaks the butterfly

Every tear, a waterfall

In the night, the stormy night

She closed her eyes

In the night, the stormy night

Away she'd fly."

This is the first chapters of book2 when she returned to District 12. "Life goes on" but she's sad and can't stop crying. And she pretty much never leaves her room.

"So lying underneath those stormy skies.

She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

I know the sun must set to rise."

With the help of her friends and family (after her short depression) she comes to realize that all bad things have an end. She's still a little hopeful but also very scared.

Para-para-paradise….when Chris Martin wrote Coldplay’s most hypnotic song he was supposedly inspired by the everyday childhood disappointments experienced by his eight-year-old daughter, Apple – a little girl as beautiful and perfectly-formed as her name suggests.

link

But it's from a Daily Mail article and I can't find another source so it's probably not true. And I agree with Céline, your post makes sense.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oracle to the rescue!

November 21, 2012 - submitted by Katelyn, United States of America

Q. Is there any personal meaning behind the writing of Paradise to the band?

The Oracle replies:

There was a newspaper that reported the song was inspired by the 'everyday childhood disappointments' experienced by Chris' daughter.

He himself said: "Paradise is about a girl really, the female half of the album, just about being a bit lost in the world and escaping through fantasy."

Don't forget, the band also said the album is more of a concept album than anything.

The Oracle to the rescue!

November 21, 2012 - submitted by Katelyn, United States of America

Q. Is there any personal meaning behind the writing of Paradise to the band?

The Oracle replies:

There was a newspaper that reported the song was inspired by the 'everyday childhood disappointments' experienced by Chris' daughter.

He himself said: "Paradise is about a girl really, the female half of the album, just about being a bit lost in the world and escaping through fantasy."

Don't forget, the band also said the album is more of a concept album than anything.

That still fits Katniss story even though her story takes an unlikely turn with book2 and 3.

"Just about being a bit lost in the world" Thats Katniss

"Escaping through fantasy" in this case, her escape is hunting with her bow.

:laugh3:

I don't know if was reported before... Atlas will last 3 minutes and 56 seconds

^ source?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>:D que bonito jajaja casi durara 4 min :O :3 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Atlas&src=hash">#Atlas</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Coldplay&src=hash">#Coldplay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CatchingFire&src=hash">#CatchingFire</a> 06/09/13 <a href="http://t.co/zRa2OUCHgR">pic.twitter.com/zRa2OUCHgR</a></p>— Vero GC_ (@vero_tributo17) <a href="https://twitter.com/vero_tributo17/statuses/372932190314569728">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But no website is mentioned.

Edit: UK iTunes website (link):

227.jpg