✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

I understand that the internet age has spoiled us all into knowing everything there is to know about something weeks or even months before it actually comes out so that it seems strange when we don't have that information but the lack of any kind of promotion or news while four days away from one of the biggest bands in the world realasing the first single of off the soundtrack to one of the most aticipated movies of the year still seems very odd to me.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the internet age has spoiled us all into knowing everything there is to know about something weeks or even months before it actually comes out so that it seems strange when we don't have that information but the lack of any kind of promotion or news while four days away from one of the biggest bands in the world realasing the first single of off the soundtrack to one of the most aticipated movies of the year still seems very odd to me.

My point exactly. Let's admit it. The way Coldplay went about promoting Mylo Xyloto (playing songs before hand in festivals and the fans knowing songs from half the album before it even came out) wasn't exactly exciting. And now with 4 days to go for the release, they should make it a point at least to get people excited about it.

Yeah its strange. But maybe a new strategy.

I, for one, am happy to see a different approach to releasing new music with relatively no fuss. well, so far anyway.. we have to see how the next several days play out. but with very limited promotion, of course there are questions to its commercial success. and we have to keep it mind that this song is not even being distributed by their own record label. i think their say in the release and promotional areas must be very limited and out of their control.

and we have to keep it mind that this song is not even being distributed by their own record label. i think their say in the release and promotional areas must be very limited and out of their control.
I agree :nod:

But from an American super production like the one you have for The Hunger Games, I guess we could have expected a bigger build-up.

edit: RICK ROLL ?! Ugh this is so old. Can't they be a bit more creative ?

But from an American super production like the one you have for The Hunger Games, I guess we could have expected a bigger build-up.

edit: RICK ROLL ?! Ugh this is so old. Can't they be a bit more creative ?

I'd take it over a virus at least

That bigger build up, I guess, will be when they release the inevitable music video.

"After opening with a somber, sparely accompanied melody, "Atlas" blooms with gauzy production and sweeping percussion. The track, Coldplay`s first new studio recording since 2011´s grandiose Mylo Xyloto, is an aptly cinematic theme song for the forthcoming second instalment of The Hunger Games series." (iTunes Editors´Notes)