✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6 Excitement! (it's prediction time)

aschall

1) How many tracks will LP6 have?

2) How long will LP6 be?

45 -50 mins

3) Assuming it will be released in 2014, which month will it be released?

pragmatically Oct - Nov 2014

4) Guess the new look. What will LP6 era costumes look like?

brand new style, but scruffy (doesn't mean untidy this case) as much as the previous ones i suppose

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles?

Alternative Rock, Acoustic, sure less electronic than MX in its production

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 seems likely.

2) How long will LP6 be?

50 minutes.

May? It could.

Casual, modern.

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles? (Pop, acoustic, straightforward rock, strings, heavy synths, hard rock.... etc.)

I'm kinda hoping for electronic stuff, unlike most. I like it the best. In general, darker than MX.

13 normal + 1 instrumental = 14

2) How long will LP6 be?

~45"

June is fine, thanks.

X&Y+MX graffiti-clean

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles?

British Rock, Alternative Rock.

11 normal(one song + 5 minutes:D) + 1 short instrumental + 1 long instrumental

2) How long will LP6 be?

49 minutes

June

Viva like but less colours , Chris will be wearing boots:P

Stripped down but yet bombastic less electronic(but still some electronic bits and maybe one electronic song) more acoustic guitars and pounding drums. Alternative Rock style.

How many tracks?

Between 11 and 14, with small intro or hidden tracks

How long?

No more than 45 mins.

Assuming a 2014 release, which month?

1st half of 2014, perhaps after February but before August.

Wardrobe/new look?

Obviously something reminiscent to the theme of the album and the mood of the music, but I'm hoping for something dark or casual, or casual dark, but modern as well.

Genre?

Probably pop-rock with some synths, perhaps more bass (like One I Love), and some piano and acoustics here and there, because you can't have a Coldplay album without Chris' piano and acoustic guitar.

Oh why not...

2) How long will LP6 be?

Around the 40min mark.

Late. So Oct/Nov.

Something tone down I hope. Back to X&Y era would be nice. Nothing too flashy or in your face.

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles? (Pop, acoustic, straightforward rock, strings, heavy synths, hard rock.... etc.)

Can't say. Have to listen to Atlas first (really think the next album will head in that direction). But I want a strip back, acoustic sound. Less production please.

• 1 month later...

One month since this thread had some movement and one month until my birthday. It looks that all the excitement about LP6 has gone at the moment, but I don't want to believe that at all, so let's make some more predictions!

I think that there's a point that Nikola suggested but it didn't generate much expectation, so I'm gonna ask it again: how do you think LP6 will be called? Let's imagine.

My prediction: I would go for a long name this time, I'd like something like "Can't See The Forest/Wood For The Trees".

If they want to avoid shitty moderator embarrassing themselves by not even looking up the proper spelling of the band you are supposed to announce, they shouldn't invent a new word this time :D

But it's either more literal, like really roots style or something out of their imagination which (at least for me, don't know if anyone here has more psychic powers than me) seems unpredictable.

2) How long will LP6 be?

Something like 45 minutes

April

Something like the Viva era costumes, but darker I think

Classic rock, alternative rock and some acoustic I hope..

• 3 weeks later...
so I'm gonna ask it again: how do you think LP6 will be called? Let's imagine.

My prediction: I would go for a long name this time, I'd like something like "Can't See The Forest/Wood For The Trees".

Well when talking in Australia they said they had a name and it was much easier to pronounce than Mylo Xyloto. And as always it has to be the title of a song.

I hope their album will drop when I forget about Reflektor because I'll probably be a bitch if it's not as good as it. :sad:

Also U2 should tread lightly, I really want their album to be great too but they can easily turn into douchebags and just put unnecessary pressure on Chrissy. :angry:

Either way, another exciting year ahead of us! :dance:

I hope their album will drop when I forget about Reflektor because I'll probably be a bitch if it's not as good as it. :sad:

Also U2 should tread lightly, I really want their album to be great too but they can easily turn into douchebags and just put unnecessary pressure on Chrissy. :angry:

Chris needs some pressure, though. It makes him better. (see AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF)

• 1 month later...

Here are the averages:

1) Tracks -- 12 (more exactly 11.837)

2) Run Time -- 47:35

3) Release Date -- June 2014

4) Clothes -- (stay tuned)

5) Musical Direction -- There seems to be a trend in favor of CP returning to their roots a little bit. (more in-depth analysis to come)

(more coming later)

Either way, another exciting year ahead of us! :dance:

Chris has been spotted in the studio with U2 in NYC so there is some form of collaboration going on between them. I wouldn't worry about it :)