aschall

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) How many tracks will LP6 have?

2) How long will LP6 be?

45 minutes

3) Assuming it will be released in 2014, which month will it be released?

june

4) Guess the new look. What will LP6 era costumes look like?

A bit like X&Y

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles? (Pop, acoustic, straightforward rock, strings, heavy synths, hard rock.... etc.)

More alt. rock and acostic with some radio hits like Paradise (I hope it will be just rock :guitarist::guitarist: )

Prediction time!

12, just because it is an even number

2) How long will LP6 be?

around 45 min, just because it also has something symmetrical to it.

August. Enough time for promotion before, with a new single for the summer, appearances at festivals etc.

Space suits. With sparkly golden glitter on them. :D

More realistically, I think it's a bit of back to the roots. They have done VLVODAAHF which was sort of a concept album and expaned on that with MX, they are probably like "just make some music, without costumes, cartoons and paintings". Or they continue there, take all the things they already have further. Possibly MX 2? Open for that

5) Where do you think LP6 will land within the broad spectrum of music genres/styles? (Pop, acoustic, straightforward rock, strings, heavy synths, hard rock.... etc.)

See above, nothing revolutionary I think. Either a bit less ambitious, or a continuation of MX.

more than 10

2) How long will LP6 be?

Between May and November

Dark colors, and I would like [it may seem pretentious] that some of the instruments is bright like the piano and transparent battery Will

Pop, rock with a mixture of X & Y, MX, AROBTTH and acoustic songs

2) How long will LP6 be?

46:57

First half of the year is too soon. So November (it would be released also for Christmas)

I hope for some pretty simple clothes, but not like they're wearing their everyday clothes. They need to have identical looks, but everybody needs to have that something extra as well. Black/blue clothes with a little bit of color added.

straightforward rock mixed with heavy synths. Couple acoustic songs to bring some variety. I'm also hoping they would sing more harmonies like in Yellow, Fix You and Viva la Vida. However I'm pretty sure that won't happen :(

1. 11 with a hidden track

2. 49 minutes

3. March or November, depends on how finished the album is.

4. I think it will be dark, because I am hoping the album contrasts MX.

5. I think it will be heavy and dark, with hard rock songs like Politik, mixed with songs like trouble. I also think the album with flow with a lot of transitions.

There were 2 years between Parachutes and AROBTTH, almost 3 years between AROBTTH and X&Y, 3 years between X&Y and Viva, and a little more than 3 years between Viva and MX, so it's perfectly possible that LP6 can come in winter 2014, that would be 2 years and just a few months more.

01) 22 but 11 of them will be 30 second into tracks just because Chris loves making titles. Car Kids will be a hidden track. Not on LP6 though. They will hide it on Rihanna's new album just to really %#$@ with the fans.

02) 85 minutes! The band will rebel and tear down the Eno rules. Jonny, being clever, will add an "h" into the word "Eno" making it "Eh... no" but Will will claim credit for the move to whoever will listen.

03) Coldtember. LP6 will be such a huge event that a new month will be created just for its release and only for the year 2014. To avoid ongoing confusion no children will be allowed to be born that month. Those that are will become the property of Universal Music.

04) They will each dress as different colored robots. Chris - Red, Jonny - Blue, Will - Green, Guy - Black, and Phil - Yellow. For the encore of each show they will join together to form the mighty Coldtronix 3000 for a MechaRock blow out that will melt your mind! You thought xylobands were cool? You aint seen shit boooooooooy!

05) Well Coldtronix 3000 will play mind melting MechaRock of course but the album will be a mix of hillbilly banjo music played over dreamy sythns that they will call chillbilly... or hillwave by the hipsters. Yes, LP6 will win over even the most hardcore hipsters after earning Pitchfork's first ever 11/10.

There were 2 years between Parachutes and AROBTTH, almost 3 years between AROBTTH and X&Y, 3 years between X&Y and Viva, and a little more than 3 years between Viva and MX, so it's perfectly possible that LP6 can come in winter 2014, that would be 2 years and just a few months more.

That would be 3 years:

November 2011 - November 2012 (1 Year)

- November 2013 (2 Years)

- November 2014 (3 Years)

01) 22 but 11 of them will be 30 second into tracks just because Chris loves making titles. Car Kids will be a hidden track. Not on LP6 though. They will hide it on Rihanna's new album just to really %#$@ with the fans.

02) 85 minutes! The band will rebel and tear down the Eno rules. Jonny, being clever, will add an "h" into the word "Eno" making it "Eh... no" but Will will claim credit for the move to whoever will listen.

03) Coldtember. LP6 will be such a huge event that a new month will be created just for its release and only for the year 2014. To avoid ongoing confusion no children will be allowed to be born that month. Those that are will become the property of Universal Music.

04) They will each dress as different colored robots. Chris - Red, Jonny - Blue, Will - Green, Guy - Black, and Phil - Yellow. For the encore of each show they will join together to form the mighty Coldtronix 3000 for a MechaRock blow out that will melt your mind! You thought xylobands were cool? You aint seen shit boooooooooy!

05) Well Coldtronix 3000 will play mind melting MechaRock of course but the album will be a mix of hillbilly banjo music played over dreamy sythns that they will call chillbilly... or hillwave by the hipsters. Yes, LP6 will win over even the most hardcore hipsters after earning Pitchfork's first ever 11/10.

I would like this.

Some additional ideas:

The album should have an intro, a 6 min centerpiece, and an Arcade Fire colab album closer.

Fire all old producers and mixers, crank up the fucking bass and drums/percussions.

Experimental, but not electronic; experiment with a larger variety of instruments.

Keep it positive, light and summery; maybe add some world music elements: Afrobeat, Latin music...

Sing more harmonies; hire proud black female backup singers (see: Gimme Shelter).

More spotlights on Guy.

Oh you guys are reading my mind perfectly :dazzled:

If U2 returned to their roots, so can Coldplay. But I'd rather see them return to material such as AROBTTH. Maybe have a track with Will singing lead vocals. Have a 6 minute song as the album opener. More rockier heavier songs. Then the quiet songs on the album should be slow piano ballads.

WE NEED PIANO BALLADS. Seriously though, Trouble, The Scientist, Clocks, Amsterdam, Fix You (Sort of). Those are all my favorite Coldplay songs. And really, when was the last time someone made a great piano ballad? (Up With The Birds had a bit of it which was a nice touch).

I love reading through this thread and seeing how hopeful a lot of people are that they will go back to their rockier/alternative side. It's as if MX didn't happen, haha.

I'm not going to lie, my fingers are crossed they will go back AROBTTH era. They should just led Will take control :P

Hmm, really hopeful... I wonder if they will and want to go without more MX overproduction. If they would just pay a little attention to what most people/fans are wishing for.. Don't they wanna know that. :thinking:

You can start! What would be your suggestion?

I think they make "trilogies" and the next album will be revolution/rebellion themed at least nominally. It won't be acoustic even though they hinted that, they'll end up adding poppier songs like they did with MX. Especially considering how much fun they had on the tour, I find it hard to see them going for something gloomier now. Maybe with the next "trilogy".

So I'll go with the same theme and colorful artwork/stage decor. As for the name, after MYLOXYLOTO it's a wild guess really. My guess is Babydaddy Punkrock.