✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sharing art which means a lot to you

Prince Myshkin

My mum hates most of the music I like

Yeah, both of my parents don't understand my music taste. I had my dad go so far as to say that there HAD to be something wrong with my ears for me to listen to that and think it's actually good. :wtf:

I really only tend to share important songs and pieces with people that I'm really close with, so we are generally into the same things. People like my best male friend who really appreciates music (he's an amazing pianist) and my brother (he's like me and can enjoy at least a little from most popular genres).

The couple times I've shared something with my mom that was important to me, she's said things like "this doesn't even mean anything" and "how can you like this?"

But then again, she loves Luke Bryan, so I try not to take it personally. Sometimes it bothers me or hurts a little, but the song is special to me because of how I relate to it, which is unique to me and not something anyone else can understand. And on a superficial level, it would be silly of me to be hurt by someone just not liking something I like.

Sometimes it bothers me or hurts a little, but the song is special to me because of how I relate to it, which is unique to me and not something anyone else can understand. And on a superficial level, it would be silly of me to be hurt by someone just not liking something I like.

Exactly, yeah.

My ex-boyfriend used to tell my how shit the bands I love are.... especially Bon Iver. He was joking (most of the time). It didn't hurt me, but it was really fucking annoying. Mainly cause I wouldn't ever do it to him D;

Mine was the same... except he wasn't kidding