🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Hey guys! The excitement of Ghost Stories is getting a bit too ridiculous, so... i've decided to join this forum (long time reader)

it's a genuine pleasure to be amongst possibly the best people in the world, Coldplayers.

I'll be up for a while, it's only 10 past 3 here in Australia. Let's see how this unfolds.

Welcome to the forums!

On a side note, happy 1st of May!

If the album leaks 16 days before it comes out officially that would be awful for album sales. I would love to hear the album early just like everyone else, but this feels a bit too soon. I know myself and most of us here will still buy the album regardless of it leaking, but most won't. I really don't know what to think.

If the album leaks 16 days before it comes out officially that would be awful for album sales. I would love to hear the album early just like everyone else, but this feels a bit too soon. I know myself and most of us here will still buy the album regardless of it leaking, but most won't. I really don't know what to think.

Anyone wanting and willing to torrent the record before its release is just as likely to torrent it after its release, leak or not, in my opinion. Record sales will be affected with a leak this early but not in a catastrophic way.

My view is that ppl have already made up their mind whether they are gonna pirate the album regardless of a leak or not. A leak therefore would be a treat to those who would like to hear it early but are gonna buy it anyways. I fit into the latter group. I've done the same for viva when it leaked. And I've bought all their LPs.

My view is that ppl have already made up their mind whether they are gonna pirate the album regardless of a leak or not. A leak therefore would be a treat to those who would like to hear it early but are gonna buy it anyways. I fit into the latter group. I've done the same for viva when it leaked. And I've bought all their LPs.

I assume that 95% of the members of this forum have already pre-ordered the record. Most will go out and buy a physical copy of the deluxe edition and some will buy a vinyl as well. Personally, I'll have purchased the record three times.

I assume that 95% of the members of this forum have already pre-ordered the record. Most will go out and buy a physical copy of the deluxe edition and some will buy a vinyl as well. Personally, I'll have purchased the record three times.

I'm not quite like that. I don't see a need to get a digital copy and a CD.

And also I'd reckon that a majority of the users here actually just made an account to lurk and come here for our content without contributing. 'Cause let's face it: this is the place to get Coldplay news first.

This is an interesting turn of events! That said, I sort of hope it doesn't leak for just a little while longer.

Did you close a thread on your subreddit related to this topic?

I think this whole news about a leak soon is false.

Fair enough, but again, I've seen another site report the same thing. Not saying it's definite but not impossible.

I'm not quite like that. I don't see a need to get a digital copy and a CD.

And also I'd reckon that a majority of the users here actually just made an account to lurk and come here for our content without contributing. 'Cause let's face it: this is the place to get Coldplay news first.

You're right. I forgot how large this forum is. I'll amend my statement to say that I assume that 75% of the members will purchase the record. I'd hate to learn that it's less than that.

Did you close a thread on your subreddit related to this topic?

Fair enough, but again, I've seen another site report the same thing. Not saying it's definite but not impossible.

Why dont you say wich site?

Why dont you say wich site?

A fair question. Like I said I don't wanna be all cryptic cause I hate when ppl are like that with me. But like you said, this news might not pan out so what's the point? From what I know there's nothing to do at this point but wait anyways.

I posted info on the Coldplay subreddit, and it was deleted several minutes later with his comment:

7apu5aqa.jpg

How disappointing-- why not at least leave the post up so that those who are interested or may have info may be involved?

:/

I saw that post on reddit just before it got taken down. I don't understand why it was deleted either, seeing as it didn't break the rules by providing any links.

Just speculation and it could have created discussion.

Wasn't me. I'll check the moderation queue, though. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks! Would it be possible to re-add the post?

Although it really doesn't matter too much to me anyways :)

I'd trust reddit with this sort of thing more than coldplaying. I think they're a bit more tech savvy than folks here.

Well if its true, we have to wait and just watch the torrent sites.

I've been watching. Nothing to report I'm afraid

I posted info on the Coldplay subreddit, and it was deleted several minutes later with his comment:

7apu5aqa.jpg

How disappointing-- why not at least leave the post up so that those who are interested or may have info may be involved?

:/

I'm one of the moderators on /r/Coldplay. This post wasn't deleted by me, but after reading the post, I agree with the removal solely because it violates our fifth rule:

Any submission that provides a link to download illegal content will not be tolerated. Links to concerts, unplugged sessions, acoustic songs, covers, and interviews are accepted and welcomed.

While the post itself didn't contain any direct link to the download, you did address the website it was released on. I know that when it does leak, we'll be receiving a ton of submissions which will link directly to the leak itself (all of which will be promptly deleted). Feel free to message the moderators though. :) There are a few of us and we'll figure something out.

I saw that post on reddit just before it got taken down. I don't understand why it was deleted either, seeing as it didn't break the rules by providing any links.

Just speculation and it could have created discussion.

Yeah, I understand. Discussion is fine. But see above as to why I'm assuming it was deleted.

I trust Reddit with a leak much more than the average Coldplaying user (sorry, Coldplaying) but I agree with DundahMifflin about not allowing any links on the subreddit. Maybe there's another way to have a leak discussion thread without opening the door to torrent links in every other comment.

I trust Reddit with a leak much more than the average Coldplaying user (sorry, Coldplaying).

Exactly. It's hard to trust a forum where a majority of the users have to rely on others for viewing links or verify viewing time/time zones for various programs or to provide an audio/video rip for them when it's too damn easy to search for a time zone converter or YouTube ripper online. The lack of googling skill in this forum is worrisome.

Exactly. It's hard to trust a forum where a majority of the users have to rely on others for viewing links or verify viewing time/time zones for various programs or to provide an audio/video rip for them when it's too damn easy to search for a time zone converter or YouTube ripper online. The lack of googling skill in this forum is worrisome.

Same thing happens on the subreddit, haha. Trust me. :bigcry:

Same thing happens on the subreddit, haha. Trust me. :bigcry:

lol, a weird thing going on on your subreddit has been users posting all the b sides with a title like "this is such an under rated song, not sure if anyone has heard it".

Like, get on my level man, I've heard all the b sides already. I don't need a thread for every b side!