✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Another's Arms

Tash

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must disagree. I am not sure why I am still alive after listening to this! It was EPIC EPIC EPIC! The soundscape, the melody, the haunting (very appropriate as we talk Ghost Stories hehe) feeling to it! It´s already set on repeat here.

As for the lyrics being cheesy, it depends how you relate to them I suppose. For me this song is very very timely so I was crying as I listened to it and it was very poignant for me. That coupled with Jonny´s amazing riff it was just heaven!

May can not come fast enough...

• Like 1

Agree to disagree I guess : )

Absolutely :) But I think it also depends on the context. Take simple words like I love you. They can either be cheesy or very emotional and powerful, depending on how you feel, how they are said and so on. So yeah I am sure that listening to Another´s Arms in another frame of mind, the lyrics can come off as cheesy.

I also loved them though cuz they are simple, like in Magic. There is something between the simple lyrics that match the understated music. In my ears, they seem to go together if you know what I mean :)

the old coldplay, which i missed so much, is back!

I was never aware they were gone hehe If by being back you mean with more mellow music? I think we all knew LP6 was going to be more mellow. But in each album they always mixed mellow with more up-tempo tunes. I am starting to think Ghost Stories will feature NO up-tempo song though hehe Which is ok by me cuz MX had tons of those anyway :)

Ok I am waiting for someone else in this community to join me in proclaiming Another´s Arms EPIC. That someone, are you out there somewhere? LOL I saw the reaction on twitter and people seem to really be taken with this song, a bit like they were with Fix you, so I am thinking it will be well-received for sure :)

Ok I am waiting for someone else in this community to join me in proclaiming Another´s Arms EPIC. That someone, are you out there somewhere?

I'm with you on this. Pure EPIC! Best song on the album so far. This song has been well awaited. Thanks Coldplay (as always)!

This song is my best bet of being truly phenomenal in this record. I really loved it live and will possibly love it even more in the studio version. The lyrics aren't that cheesy for me, I think coldplay cannot write worse lyrics than POC and even Paradise to be honest....Its quite a welcome change and even mildly sexual in its tone and production. I really like it and wonder who was the woman who sang those bits?