✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great getting inside, Coldplayer reviews! How lucky you are to see them over and over again every era. Loved them since the beginning, but because of location and financial sitch, I'm not able to have these same magical experiences the rest of you are, so yeah, not gonna lie...I'm envious.

It's good and bad that they've gotten so big, they don't even play in cities that are within driving distance of my hometown anymore. I've seen them 3 times in '05, '06, '08, so at least I've seen them live, but can't imagine how sad it is for fans in countries where they've never played a live show.

So hey, Coldplay, when you're planning the next tour, try to think of the little countries, little towns, and the little people that haven't seen you a million times...;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>A massive thank you to everyone that was able to come and help us at Sony studios. We are blessed with the greatest fans on earth. CM</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/statuses/447775299955351552">March 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I want to quote everything Yeshe said (but I can't, because I'm on my cell phone). Everytime I read the concert review it makes me happy and sad in the same time for my poor luck. Last time Coldplay came to my country was 11 years ago. So please come again, this country is dying to see you.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

from the same tumblr poster:

What was with the diving board?

ok, hi guys im home and with a laptop so here i go with questions (sorry it took so long)

the diving board was at a pool, and yep it was Chris!! It was shot for a video sequence concept thing for the filming of the concert (and possibly for the small show tour…?). It appeared during a song and the shot was of Chris underwater in slow motion, so he was on the diving board to jump into the water (fully clothed as seen in the video lmao). The reason why I know about it was because Chris fucked up

For Another’s Arms there was a similar video playing of women underwater, so when we went to the next song only one panel of the many around the place was the video of Chris in the pool. Chris then stopped playing and pointed to the screen and said something like “that’s not right??” before realizing that it WAS right and everyone laughed and he said he “I fucked up and I was wrong, sorry”

He then went on saying “Who’s that??” seriously before going “Oh shit it’s me, I filmed that on friday, I can’t believe I forgot.” And we all laughed at him and he then jokingly said “What you can’t actually see in this video is that I’m wearing spandex”

---------------

OMG flying Chris? Like really flying not jumping? omfg askdjzxfsakoeruiytfgdsajkdf

Thinking about it, I don’t really wanna answer this question much because it’ll ruin the magic of the concert airing next month :c

but basically, Chris: “You guys may witness the death of a singer if this goes horribly wrong” and it didn’t, it went cool

I’m really torn about this guys, like idk a h hhh

---------------

Ohh please give more details!! The one about Chris on the diving board?? Flying Chris?? Is ASFOS sorta live Viva? I mean, does it have a chant thing? Okay, I'm so sorry I'm asking so many questions, and I'm sure your inbox is flooded right now. Sorry. :(( Thank you so much for giving all of us details on what happened to you! And I'm so sorry for bombarding you with questions!! :(

Hey Kelly!! Nah, it’s cool, i dont mind answering questions!!

Answered about the diving board, torn about revealing flying Chris, BUT I can answer about ASFOS

It doesn’t have a /chant/ really, but it’s VERY catchy (they played it twice and people were singing along by the second time g o d). I kinda wanna say it’s like ETIAW?? Like, uplifting like that song, but also a cross breed of Charlie Brown maybe?? (EDIT: Maybe DLIBYH… it’s beat catchy, you get my drift) Has the new sorta element we have in GS’s too, so it’s nice

I wish I could sing because I distinctly remember how to sing the lyric “I think of youuuuu-(high)oooooo-(lower)ooooooo” (i just sang it and i cant write it phonetically, this is sososososo off ksadhakj)

"YEA. YEA. YEA. WHOO!!!"

*jumping then ensues*

---------------

Please do explain everything you didn't elaborate on? xD sorry I'd choose but I'm really interested to know since I couldn't be there

ok let’s see

diving board check, flying chris sorta check

concepts: The filming has a lot of like… visual tricks and metaphors and some cool footage that sound really nice!! One shot, a close-up of Chris’ face, took a g e s because it required Chris to stand still and the cameras wouldnt align right and he kept sweating so they wiped him down constantly so it was funny. At one point, someone (I feel so bad, I can’t remember his name especially bc he was so important urgh) told him that they needed Chris to grab his guitar with his left hand and Chris said “My left hand? Okay. Is there any particular place my left nostril needs to be?” or something like that, it was really funny again

not gonna explain the out-right “concepts” because it would spoil!! Hopefully i explained that ok

link

I hope Coldplay will do these kind of shows here in Holland in stead of always abroad.

26 June 2000, Paradiso, Amsterdam

1 November 2000, Paradiso, Amsterdam

6 April 2005, Melkweg, Amsterdam

5 June 2008, Paradiso, Amsterdam

So it's been a while but it's not that they never played small venues in The Netherlands.