✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Mar-2014] Coldplay @ Sony Pictures Studios, Los Angeles, USA

Tash

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Twitter reports, Chris said today that the finished product of the recorded concert today will air on NBC in approximately one month!

:bliss::bliss::bliss::omgomg::omgomg::omgomg::escaping2::escaping::dance::dance:

According to Twitter reports, Chris said today that the finished product of the recorded concert today will air on NBC in approximately one month!

So whoever guessed that Chris was going to go on The Voice so that they would get some of their own promotional show was correct!

So whoever guessed that Chris was going to go on The Voice so that they would get some of their own promotional show was correct!

that would be me :) anyway, glad that it seems more likely a band decision.

There seems to be a narrative thread throughout. They mentioned shooting non performance scenes, including him diving in the water and the band wandering looking for something. Specifically, between Another's Arms, they leave then come back for the joy that is Sky Full of Stars.

For Magic, the filmed the band playing with the soundstage empty, then there was going to be a super close up of Chris and the crowd will "magically" appear.

I really can't wait to see how this turns out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thanks <a href="https://twitter.com/1iota">@1iota</a> for the opportunity to be part of <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay">@coldplay</a>'s video shoot! It was an amazing/unforgettable experience! <a href="http://t.co/6aU3yQF7Z1">pic.twitter.com/6aU3yQF7Z1</a></p>— Marissa Munoz (@Mis_suh) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mis_suh/statuses/447565307255599104">March 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Still processing what happened tonight. I really have no words yet. It was beautiful and perfect. Somehow I ended up in what I thought was THE perfect location, very front row between Chris piano and wills drums. Omg. Chris sat in front of me for Midnight, crazy. Chris plays a laser harp thingie too, right in front of me. They wheeled out the viva bell and drums, right in front of me. Made eye contact with Chris many times and he laughed, I also got the googly eye thing. Lol. Stage was magical, performance was gorgeous. How can I ever top this tomorrow? And Ghost Stories is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. It was surreal. Beautiful. Truly spectacular.

Kelly (kspillers2) came from Chicago to go with me last night. She and my husband are going today, as well. We arrived at about 11am to the parking lot, told the attendant we were there for the video shoot and he said it was too early "Go have lunch and come back in an hour." We knew it would be a long day, so we did. Our tickets said the parking garage opened at 5:30, but there was no way we were arriving that late! Had lunch, came back, and there was a crowd - 2 lines, priority and general. The line kept growing and growing. We figured we'd just hang out, find some friends and talk until their lines went into the studio. Which we did for about 2 hours. The video people were all let in, finally, it was about an hour long process, then we could see if anyone else was waiting for the evening show.

There was one person, Lynne, there so we went to a bench and just sat. The 1iota people, I thought, were fantastic. They maintained the crowd very well, were friendly, and I was very impressed with this group. The line kept growing and growing, again 2 lines. Every once in a while, 1iota would take a group inside the studio for bathroom breaks.

Finally, about 5pm, they started scanning tickets, checking id's and issuing wristbands. We were standing from them on. We had to leave our cell phones in the car, so I am not clear on the timing from now on, not having a phone to tell the time! Everyone complied without complaint. There were about 10 of us who had been there the longest, and were in front. We started to get a little panicked when VIPs/guests started arriving, and were let in before us. There were maybe 30 of them? We'd been waiting for 5 hours, they show up 5 minutes early and were let in? But 1iota assured us we'd be in the front, and not to worry. Finally, we were let in in groups of 75 - we went through security one by one, and they counted us off and took us back to the studio group by group. We were held just outside the studio for a few minutes, allowing for another bathroom break, and Kelly and I played Spot the Roadie - we saw Phil about 30 yards to the left, Dan Green walked by us (we called his name and said hi and he waved and smiled) We arrived to the studio, but weren't led to our seats yet. We spend a few minutes inside the studio, but in a holding area, that was decorated like a forest, leafless trees, strings of star lights draped on them, flameless candle holders scattered around the bases of the tree, and netting hanging down to line the walkways. The lighting was all dark blue, to simulate nighttime. Finally, finally, we were lead to the studio. The ViPS had been led to the left, but Lynne had been there the night before, and knew the stage set up, and asked to be led to the right.

And we were right there. The stage was round, raised about 6 inches. I saw Will's drums and Chris's piano with a little space between them, so I stopped in front of the seat I wanted, and let others pass me because they wanted us to filll in all the seats in a row.

OMG. It was gorgeous. The room was round, there were video screens lining along the top of the ceiling, all the way around the room. The ceiling almost had a dome-like look, and there were video screens almost covering the dome, with hanging equipment in the middle, lights, camera hanging down. And our little group just couldn't freaking believe our luck. We were RIGHT there. Chris piano faced Will's drums, so I had a totally clear view of Chris's face as he played and a totally clear view of Will and his drums. Will is my favorite, duh, but he's always stuck at the back with his drumkit, so I wanted to actually be able to watch him for once!

We just took it all in while the rest of the fans filled the rows of seats. There were maybe 3 rows in a circle around the stage, then maybe 4 rows high of bleacher type risers. It was truly in the round. The room was decorated with more trees, starry lights, stars on stings hanging from the ceiling. So pretty and mellow. A 1iota rep addressed the crowd with safety info, a producer addressed the crowd to explain reaction shots, cheer, clap, etc.

There were also some technical issues that needed to be resolved, something with the hanging camera and the light standard. We were joking about How Many Roadies Does it Take...Took about 30 minutes to get whatever it was working again, as the crowd continued to file in.

And finally Chris came out and spoke. Thanked us all for coming. He apologized that they weren't as good looking as One Direction and their hair wasn't as good. Thanked us for giving up our Saturday night, he understands the hassles of traffic, waiting, giving up our cell phones, his usual talk. Then he told us that they'd be starting with a couple of old songs and then we'd hear Ghost Stories. Then the boys came out, smiling and took their spots.

So the stage was round, Chris and Will were in front of me, Guy was on the other side of Will and Jonny was on the other side of Chris. And Guy was smiling a LOT. He was wearing a purple tshrt, the others were wearing grayish shirts, regular trousers and their trainers. All very casual but amazing looking. Chris sat at his piano and started the first notes of Paradise and the whole place was on their feet singing along. Happy band/VERY happy crowd. And me, I was freaking dying, so was Kelly. Chris made eye contact with us many times, dying. LOL After Paradise, they launched into Clocks. Clocks and I have a very specail relationship, its the song that brought me to Coldplay in 2005. And is my favorite song of all time. Bits of swirly fog, lasers, singalong with 800 of my besties. How can it get any better?

Then Chris walked to the other side of the stage, and got hooked up to a harness. He said they were going to play Always in My Head Twice, did we mind? They filmed him "flying" from a Pink-like harness, he did some spins/flips while the band played. He was lowered and said he had to go change his trousers now because they were not very comfortable due to the harness. Less than 5 minutes they were back. And played Always in My Head again.

Now there were camera men walking around the circle, with steadycams. Filming the crowd, filming the band. I'm standing there, could NOT stop smiling, singing along to AIMH, and then there is a camera aimed at my head, like 12 inches away from my face. OMG. Awkward. What do I do? I sure as hell wasn't going to look INTO the camera, so I just ignored it, continued to sing along (probably badly because I suck), and wondered if my makeup was still ok.

And Im so sorry Coldplayers. I can't remember all the songs. I was in awe. They played a slow ballad after AIMH, the video graphics were so cool. I really tried to just take it all in and live in the moment and just flat out enjoy the magic unfolding in front of me. I didn't want to really focus on trying to pay attention to lyrics or titles. I wanted to be in the now, and just absorb the new songs. They got a great warm crowd reaction from the new, first-time-heard songs, but honestly, I can't remember many details about them. I had glanced at the album tracks, but haven't really paid attention. After AIMH came Magic. then the 2 new songs, Ink and True Love. Then Midnight, oh Midnight. When it was released online, I liked it, but it was just so different. Then I saw iTunes festival, and I totally fell in love with this song.

There was a space between the piano and drums. For those of you who've watched iTunes festival, Chris sits on the edge of the stage during hte beginning of Midnight, totally lost in the song. Um. He sat right in front of me, on the stage, I could have reached over and hugged him. Will was playing the reactable, so cool. And Chris was losing himself in the music in front of me and I was trying not to lose my shit. THEN Chris stood up and some rainbow lights went on. CHRIS was playing the laser harp thingie, RIGHT THERE, in my face. Oh it was gorgeous. Guy was playing one too.

After Midnight, came Another's Arms. And Oceans. A Skyfull of Stars? Gonna be a massive hit. Upbeat, sounded so awesome, Chris vocals were spot on and a happy song. The place was rocking. And confetti, 2 shapes of star confetti dropped down.

And then O, where all the boys sat on stools, and the lights dimmed and there was a light spot on Chris at his piano. He played alone for a bit, then the others joined in, still sitting down. Will played the guitar, no drums for that song. So cool to see Will play guitar. Loved it. And then, and then it was almost over.

They left for a few minutes, and then the viva bell and drums were wheeled out. That space in front of me, where Chris sat for Midnight? That's right where they put the bell and Wills big drums. OMG. Once again, I was dying. Viva got the place totally rocking, so cool for me to be right next to Will for that. And then the final song, Fix You. Massive sing along. And then it was over. They did their crowd appreciation claps, and then the Bow. On the other side of the stage, They turned 4 directions, doing their usual 3 bows. And some waves and they were gone. Everyone sat down. blown away by what we had just seen. 1iota came back and explained the exit procedure. I saw Bash, he'd been sitting at the end of my row to keep an eye on Will. I'd seen him pull up Wills setlist, fold it and put it in his pocket. So I walked over to him, asked if he knew if today would be the same setlist (He said he didn't know) then I asked if I could have Will's setlist. He said he wasn't allowed to hand them out because they were "secret" Boo. I thanked him and we filed out. We were handed our envelope with the buttons and note and that was that.

Truly stunning show. I can't wait to see it again today and I wonder if anything will be different...And there you have it.

Oh, and I saw several Coldplayers! Katie, GCJohnson, Oz, Heide, McKelle, Erick. Always a treat to meet friends!