✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Excitement levels for Ghost Stories

Mark

Hey everyone,

I'm glad the forum got going again. Ian - if you ever see this - good luck in the future; I heard that you sold the site, so thanks for your fantastic work on the forum, from all involved (though I'm probably by no means the first to say that!).

I haven't really come on Coldplaying for a long time, and the only thread that I actually stayed on was the old LP6 thread. I felt things got a bit serious in other parts of the forum and I didn't get on/like some members, but that's in the past. The place where people seemed genuinely enthusiastic about things was in the LP6 thread, where we all speculated on Coldplay's future.

Basically, I just wondered how excited we all are for Ghost Stories. More or less than MX? It seems like this album's just crept up on us, we weren't expecting it this soon, and it's a wonderful surprise. But do we like this marketing technique more than the previous era?

Hope you're all good. I see a lot of you about on Twitter, anyway!

I'm really looking forward to it! To be honest, I'm looking forward to some nicer, more acoustic songs. Not that I didn't like Mylo Xyloto (I loved the entire album) but I want to see more of the acoustic side of Coldplay (and more of Chris' awesome piano playing!)

But I do feel like, like you said, it crept on us and I haven't had much of a chance to fully realize that we're less than a couple of months away from a new Coldplay album!

Absolutely excited about the upcoming album Ghost Stories. And I'm glad to hear the Coldplay-sound in the new songs we heart already.

Besides that I really hope they'll start touring again. Not those large stadiums, but smaller and more intimate venices.

I think that I was a bit more excited for MX (I remember that wonderful 2011 summer with ETIAW, the festivals, the discussions on this forum about the final tracklisting, etc).

But I'm really curious about this Ghost Stories project; hopefully it will be a great album

I am really looking forward to it. As someone said above, I hope they play some smaller venues as a warm up for an arena tour, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I love that they seem to be a little more retrained this time after the excesses of MX, though that 2011 Summer before the album release was epic (Glastonbury performance.... :D )

My birthday is on May 26 and it is such a satisfying gift to have a new Coldplay album. I must say that I'm still surprised until now that the album will be out sooner than I expected. But it doesn't matter because Coldplay haven't dissapointed me yet.

Probably a bit higher than MX, I was really hyped up for MX but the wait was killing me and listened to the live versions of Hurts like Heaven, Charlie Brown etc... on repeat thousands of times! Only 2 months this time, well I say only compared with the 5-6 months of MX :P

Also, every song from Ghost Stories so far I love, I really think its going to be one of their best, signs are promising so far and want to know how Ink and Oceans will sound like :)

Not really fired up so far, to be honest. Hopefully this will change with some other songs on the album because out of the ones that we've heard, I only really enjoy Midnight every now and then, Magic I find dreadful, Another's Arms dull and Always In My Head incomplete and too simple.

Sorry, not meaning to burst them bubblez.

I think it's a different kind of excitement than the one we had 3 years ago, the MX wait went on for a long time (those 6 months felt like forever) but they gave us little nuggets every now and then to keep us happy and this just came out of left field, we all knew they were up to something with those cryptic GIFs but i never expected them to reveal the album title, the cover art, the tracklist AND a new song all at once, it was too much to process. Personally, i have absolutely loved 3 out of the 4 new songs (Another's Arms is the one i didn't fall madly in love with at first listen, that 'late night watching TV' line just doesn't do it for me) and i have really high expectations for GS, i get the feeling that it's gonna be a really good Coldplay album and i say Coldplay album because, in retrospective, MX was a great album, it's an album that most bands would kill to have made because it has quite a few really good tunes on it but it's not a great Coldplay album.

Ian - if you ever see this - good luck in the future; I heard that you sold the site, so thanks for your fantastic work on the forum, from all involved (though I'm probably by no means the first to say that!).
thanks! :) I'll be around, I won't just :vanish: into thin air

^:)

Really like the new stuff, hence look forward to its full presence; the energy feels like from a separate time/space, a more-than-3D dimension [or a state of soul between two incarnations...] - so it might take a few "adapations" to get into such "atmosphere" which has less emphasis on the lyrics than usual. Like the "space dancing" part, floating, against the gravity etc. The studio version shall be great, and Coco.[new nick name for Co. :P] would have more "quiet/out of place" songs for Live performance in the near future.