✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Excitement levels for Ghost Stories

Mark

I wasn't excited at first, I was surprisingly calm, but lately the level of excitement has been going up! The good thing is that we won't have to wait that long this time around. I'm also pretty busy so I think May will arrive before I notice it.

I was reasonably so, until I heard the news about the 3 bonus tracks. Now I'm very, very pumped. Midnight is great, Magic is meh but not their worst, Another's Arms is pretty good, and Always In My Head is just so so. The nice thing though is that those I listed are only a third of the album. Still 8 other songs to hear, and I'm really looking forward to that. Probably equally stoked as I was with MX. Glad though that we aren't hearing half the album months before the release, and if they do another stupid sampler on YouTube I'll choke someone. It's so tempting but I won't listen to it.

The DVD shoot reviews have made my excitement level almost unbearable, i fell in love with Coldplay when they released Parachutes, specially with it's love songs (Sparks, Shiver, Trouble and my favourite song of all time, Yellow) and this sounds like it's going to go back to those roots. I always roll my eyes when someone says that MX sucks because it doesnt sound like the 'old Coldplay, there are a couple of things about it that do suck IMO but not sounding like old Coldplay ain't one of them, i love that they evolve and give us something different every time but it's always nice to have songs that remind you why you fell in love with the band in the first place :)

Really excited! Every day I am appreciating the fact that there are barely any live videos of the new songs on the web (unlike MX). Can't wait to hear A Sky Full of Stars, O and the studio versions of Always In My Head and Another's Arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really believe this album will be amazing. The four songs have all been great, especially Always In My Head and Midnight. The reviews for the gigs were amazing, and I just can't wait any longer!! A Sky Full of Stars and Ink sound like they will be quality songs, but then again, the reviews I've read speak positively about all the tracks. Lots of the people that went to the special gigs have different favourites as I've observed on twitter. This album looks set to be a great one. It's probably gonna be my second favourite (if it tops AROBTTH then I will be pleasantly surprised!)

I can´t stop listening to the four songs we know so far. Keep re-hitting the play button on the iTunes Festival video! They are so good and I still love them even after countless plays. I can´t wait for Ghost Stories and I need ALL releases, including vinyl and that wonderful Record Store day exclusive.

I am so ready for Ghost Stories era, both the album, interviews, promotion and then concerts! Ahhhh What a lovely year to be a Coldplayer :)

I had a dream last night that Chris and friends were at a small venue and told us they were going to play the entire new album! I guess my sub conscience was thinking about the secret one in LA not too long ago. To keep it short, they got half way through, played a little out of order, and the album was beautiful.. I cannot wait.

The excitement is huge for me. I wasn't sure how I felt about Midnight/Magic at first. I listened to Midnight a few times to wrap my head around it but wasn't sure if I succeeded and Magic I only listened to once. The itunes gig is what opened my ears to the new songs and sold me completely. I think some songs need to be experienced live (in this case streaming in hd with surround sound hooked up and turned up) Following the gig I couldn't stop listening to all four tracks. To me they have the perfect mix of old and new Coldplay. The band sounded great and Chris' voice was perfect. I love the stadium shows however it was nice seeing Chris not having to run around a huge stadium and get tired. They all looked right at home and peaceful you'd never know they had been hard at work making what sounds like another masterpiece. Can't wait to see this NBC concert/DVD/Jools and hear the full album.

All four songs finally grow up on me. So I think Ghost Stories is going to be amazing album. I love album title, it probably will be my favoutite title. And it's on 19th May! On my birthday! So my excitement is veeery huge! :omgomg:

I am extremely anxious for this album to drop, but a bit more nervous than I was with VLVODAAOHF and MX. I had huge expectations for those two and after the former I knew for certain Coldplay was my favourite band. Unfortunately, MX let me down somewhat, especially when half the tracks were provided to us early which led to the new ones first heard with the album's release being only ho-hum to me (DLIBYH, Up In Flames, PoC, MMIX)

Similarly, I have really enjoyed the 4 tracks we have heard so far from Ghost Stories. In particular I like the mood and direction the band went with Midnight, lyrically and sonically. I think Magic is a stellar pop-tune and that Always In My Head's simplicity is super tranquil and befitting, but like so many others I am worried of more tracks like Another's Arms and Coldplay following that lyrically shallow and pop-rock sound. I truly want to see them embrace a more alternative and reaffirming sound that doesn't aim to please the masses.

I only hope that they have left some even more experimental/fresh songs for us in May, and that the ones we haven't heard won't end up being like those MX tracks that are at the bottom of my Coldplay list. Mostly I am excited for the Target Bonus tracks because Coldplay B-Sides always tend to show some of their more creative and out of the ordinary musical styles.