✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin will be a Key Advisor on the US Voice this season (31 March/1 April/7 April)

nicklauschalk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With Martin, who has already recorded his musical sessions with the singers, the stronger performers who survived the first Battles Round received expertise from the same artist."

So that sounds like he's already finished his parts, since it's pre-recorded to a point.

Wrong. Wrong on so many levels. A commercial talent show. What was he thinking? Months ago The Oracle LAUGHED at this when someone asked about it. Okay he's not a judge, it's not about the money, we know he doesn't need money and wouldn't do it because of that anyway, and they're releasing a new album but there are other and better ways to promote the album with the band. So I seriously wonder what the reason is...

In my opinion the really talented people aren't on TV shows like this. They are out there, recording their own material, hoping for recognition. I wish the band would help people like that instead of appearing on a show like The Voice (Coldplay, set up your own label already! : ))

THIS!

I'm really disappointed by this news and I hope this isn't the type of thing he's going to do more in the future because I'd start to find it hard to call myself a "proud" Coldplay fan if their frontman appears on talent shows. Dear Coldplay, please set up that record label and continue making awesome music :kiss:

This has nothing to do with the album or Coldplay, nothing, so this is no way compromising their music or what they think about music. We know how polite Chris is, maybe they demanded his presence because it was important for The Voice's reputation, and he didn't want to sound rude or something so he said yes.

The thing i'm scared about is that i don't know how he's going to deal with something like that, we know that he doesn't like this kind of television and he's always tried to avoid it

This has nothing to do with the album or Coldplay, nothing, so this is no way compromising their music or what they think about music.

The majority of people will still see it as a Coldplay thing.

Well what a clusterfuck! This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping the band (and Chris in particular) would distance themselves from forever. Britians got celebrities or whatever was already bad enough but now this!

He's not kind of person who gives advice to other people.

We all know that he's not a thoughtful person. He never have to think or plan anything what will he do on stage, he just do what ever he wants to do at the particular moment and that makes us love him.

Yes, Chris does what Chris wants to do and I just think he has a passion and enthusiasm that lends him to do many things. IMO, he's worked hard enough and put out enough good music, treated his fans so well and has done so much for them (and the world) and beeen involved in enough charity work that he shouldn't be thrown to the wolves or be cast off by fans for just being an adviser behind the scenes on a tv show. It's just a tv show. It's not my favorite thing either, but it's Chris, and I respect him a lot for everything he's done. It's really hard to please people all of the time. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and this is just mine.

they need to promote it in order to sell it

That's the thing though, they really don't. I do understand that they'd want to, but I don't see the connection between a seemingly low-key album and a popularity contest.

In my opinion the really talented people aren't on TV shows like this. They are out there, recording their own material, hoping for recognition. I wish the band would help people like that instead of appearing on a show like The Voice (Coldplay, set up your own label already! : ))

Agreed, although most candidates are good singers, so there's some talent. But this is not about writing songs. Maybe Chris just wants to talk to these people, show them what to do after the show is over (because most of them don't get a career out of this).

We know how polite Chris is, maybe they demanded his presence because it was important for The Voice's reputation, and he didn't want to sound rude or something so he said yes.

I see where you're coming from, but this won't be the first time he got asked for something like this. And I'm sure he's strong enough to say no.

The thing that bothers me is why did they choose Chris when it's widely known that he's not a good technical singer, which is what the voice is about

Yeah that's also a bit weird. Didn't he once say he doesn't do shows like this because he wouldn't be able to do a proper audition himself?

Yes, Chris does what Chris wants to do and I just think he has a passion and enthusiasm that lends him to do many things. IMO, he's worked hard enough and put out enough good music, treated his fans so well and has done so much for them (and the world) and beeen involved in enough charity work that he shouldn't be thrown to the wolves or be cast off by fans for just being an adviser behind the scenes on a tv show. It's just a tv show. It's not my favorite thing either, but it's Chris, and I respect him a lot for everything he's done. It's really hard to please people all of the time. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and this is just mine.

Of course he has the right to do whatever he wants, whether he's been good to his fans or not. I don't think he's asking anyone to support his every move. We all respect Chris and personally I adore him. I just think this is not such a great move.

I get that it's annoying to read these negative comments all the time. I'll stop now. My next comment is going to be positive.

So he's not going to be one of the main judges who sit in the chair and push the button right? He's more like behind the scenes to help the contestants for an episode I think.

No reason to freak out. That's like the same as him appearing on Jimmy Fallon for an episode or something.

ahahahah remember when he said that he didn't like things like the voice because they weren't about the music or the passion ahahhahah those were the good times ahahhahaha I'm so mad at him right now ahahah

HAHAHAH

Srsly Chris wtf r u doin

Will should be the one who do this. He has been mentoring Chris for more than 10 years now.

Either somebody locked Will away in some dark place or he got killed somehow. I can't imagine him allowing Chris doing something shitty like this e___e

shit I hope this doesn't cause arguments in the band :uhoh:

I don't think so. I mean, we all really don't know how the band dynamics are, we only know the stuff Chris says during the interviews (and you know what kind of CRAP he tells sometimes :lol:) and a few things the Oracle mentioned, but that's it.