✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin will be a Key Advisor on the US Voice this season (31 March/1 April/7 April)

nicklauschalk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he's only going to be on for 3 episodes :(

"Chris Martin, the frontman for Coldplay, will be an adviser to all four of the coaches' teams as NBC's hit singing competition (Monday and Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET/PT) enters a second phase of the Battles Round starting March 31. Martin will appear on that show and again on April 1 and 7."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/03/18/the-voice-uses-snapchat-to-announce-coldplay-chris-martin/6581033/

I'm not a Voice fan, but at least he's not a coach or on it for an extended period of time. Just a special 'adviser' position for a couple of episodes. I think Chris is ruled by passion for music, and we know it's not about money.

I think this has more to do with the album coming out more than anything else. they need to promote it in order to sell it and with the way they have handled promotion for the album so fare, it doesn't look like it is going to be flooding the media with appearances, interviews, etc. so this becomes an easy platform to get the word across that coldplay have a new album coming out. in the US anyway.

^^Yeah I'm also relieved he's not a coach and I believe he genuinely wants to help talented people. I'm just afraid some will associate him with The Voice more than with Coldplay.

Plus, this makes him an easier target for critics. He probably realises that though.

I think this has more to do with the album coming out more than anything else. they need to promote it in order to sell it and with the way they have handled promotion for the album so fare, it doesn't look like it is going to be flooding the media with appearances, interviews, etc. so this becomes an easy platform to get the word across that coldplay have a new album coming out. in the US anyway.
agreed

i am partly disappointed that chris is doing this and of course everything he does is reflected on the band. partly wish he had kept the low (for a musician of his status anyway) profile he had managed so far, but can't say that i am not looking forward to watching these episodes. hopefully they won't turn out extra cheesy and more to the point of helping out the contestants.

What is the role Key Adviser in particularly?

I know on the voice they invited celebrities to help each coach in battle round, I don't know what it's called (and which of the coach will je working with).

Or the key advisor is only backstage role.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

ohhhh no i can chil out a bit again... Firstly i thought he would be one of the judges... that would be terrible... Imagine him sitting in the big red chair telling some people that they are not striking the right notes perfectly... Because that would be the exactly opposite of coldplay - it's not about hitting every note, its about the passion... I mean chris has in my opinion an amazing, interesting voice, but let's face the truth, he's not singing perfectly (take life is for living as an example) Especially in high ranges... And that is exactly what i love about it... There is so much passion in it that there is no need for every single note to be perfect. And it's a good thing that there are many artist who just do it, just sing, no matter how it will come. Same with markus mumford for example....

But still I'm a bit dissapointed... I mean, really? the little shy chris has to be no on a TV series with shitty celebritys like usher?(And not even in the UK???) And those casting shows are all fake in some point, and the fact how they are made is making me agressive.... It's about your voice anymore it's about having a desease orbeeing poor or some shit...it seems to me that you don't even come into the show if you don't have any sick family members....

Chris used to be my biggest idol, you know, beeing always sooooo famous and sucessful, but not selling out like all other celebs or artists, that made him so symphatic to me... moreover, beeing barely in television made him so unreachable and misterious and special! And now? Damn Chris, you are a real musician, please don't destroy it =(

Maybe Chris being on the voice will help ghost stories out a little bit in sales

I can't think of many other reasons. But there are other (i.e. better) ways to promote your album especially because this is just about Chris, not the whole band since nothing has been said about a performance on the show (do they even do guest performances on The Voice?).

Yeah I'm also relieved he's not a coach and I believe he genuinely wants to help talented people.

In my opinion the really talented people aren't on TV shows like this. They are out there, recording their own material, hoping for recognition. I wish the band would help people like that instead of appearing on a show like The Voice (Coldplay, set up your own label already! : ))

i am partly disappointed that chris is doing this and of course everything he does is reflected on the band. partly wish he had kept the low (for a musician of his status anyway) profile he had managed so far

I think he stopped being low profile the moment he got involved with Gwyneth.