✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin will be a Key Advisor on the US Voice this season (31 March/1 April/7 April)

nicklauschalk

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly thrilled by this news myself, but i can't help but feel that some people may be blowing this out of proportion a bit. It's not like he's actually a judge or anything more prominent, he's only going to be mentoring people. Also, it's 3 episodes, not a whole season.

oh god just now i releazed how cheesy and corny this is going to be, like, i can imagine the producer printing out a paper with all the things chris has to say and he has to fake all emotions while saying a "life changing" speech about music and everything is going to sound fake and shitty and ahahhaha kill me

oh god just now i releazed how cheesy and corny this is going to be, like, i can imagine the producer printing out a paper with all the things chris has to say and he has to fake all emotions while saying a "life changing" speech about music and everything is going to sound fake and shitty and ahahhaha kill me

Don't worry, Chris is corny and cheesy on its own.

you know, i was thinking.. may be this is a deal with the devil. they have a 2-hour show taping coming up later this week and i see no reason why such a thing would happen at the very beginning of the era other than to promote the album when it is released. what if this is a some kind of deal with nbc to get an airing slot or something similar? it's not like they can sell a movie/dvd without first getting people hyped up for the album, so i don't see how the 2-hour show taped will be used like the live dvds we've seen so far. there are a lot of 'if's here. guess we'll know for sure within 2 months.

You guys are awful.

Good for Chris. It's probably a lot of fun to spend a few days on a TV show, hanging out and singing with people who are absolutely desperate for a break. There are a ton of talented people on The Voice, including many artists who've been trying to make it for years by performing in bars and recording when they scrape the money together, etc. And I've seen quite a few legitimately incredible singers guest on shows like American Idol for the purposes of "coaching" the contestants.

found one of the interviews when it talks about it, from the 2007 radio host he did with simon pegg

"I was watching pop idol or x factor, and my little brain though to itself: Chris could you do that? Could you pass the auditions? I went to a closed part of my house i tried to sing one of the songs they sing, and even I had to admit it's terrible. The thing that worries me is that i don't want some kid on that show in the first audiction to think "oh i'm terrible" (then simon agrees saying that if Simon (the judge, don't remember the surname) tells you you are rubbish kick him in the nuts (lol)) This is a band (Coldplay) that gor rejected at their first audiction at New Castle (then they laugh and change subject)"

You guys are awful.

Good for Chris. It's probably a lot of fun to spend a few days on a TV show, hanging out and singing with people who are absolutely desperate for a break. There are a ton of talented people on The Voice, including many artists who've been trying to make it for years by performing in bars and recording when they scrape the money together, etc. And I've seen quite a few legitimately incredible singers guest on shows like American Idol for the purposes of "coaching" the contestants.

Amen, let the man do what he wants. We shouldn't criticize him for wanting to do what he pleases.

People need to calm the fuck down.

My Twitter exploded today, and I'm not sure why. I'm not thrilled about the news, but you know what, good for Chris. As many have pointed out, Chris isn't doing this for the money, but for the fact he loves music. And yet, here we are, mindlessly bitching about his decision? Yikes. Besides, what Chris is doing will be on air for three episodes. He's not a judge. He's a helper for three weeks, already filmed. It's going to be okay guys.

My favorite thing today, however, were some of my Twitter friends complaining, "Coldplay hasn't been genuine since Viva, and this is proof of it!" all morning. Both annoying and hilarious at the same time.

I think that Chris Martin was pursued by The Voice for some time (Remember the Voice Australia rumors?) and finally relented to this small skit in the Voice US as consolation. I do not think its about the money but about Chris being too nice to say no.

I don't have a problem at all for Chris being on The Voice. He's only a Key advisor for 3 episodes, he's not going to be it for long and anyway, they've finished the album, let him do what he wants before the boys start touring the world. The show will also promote Ghost Stories which is great, for more fans.

So I say chill out to people not liking it, let's just see how it goes.

(And the episode will also be aired on my birthday so that's pretty cool for me!)

You guys are awful.

Amen, let the man do what he wants. We shouldn't criticize him for wanting to do what he pleases.

People need to calm the fuck down.

My Twitter exploded today, and I'm not sure why. I'm not thrilled about the news, but you know what, good for Chris. As many have pointed out, Chris isn't doing this for the money, but for the fact he loves music. And yet, here we are, mindlessly bitching about his decision? Yikes. Besides, what Chris is doing will be on air for three episodes. He's not a judge. He's a helper for three weeks, already filmed. It's going to be okay guys.

My favorite thing today, however, were some of my Twitter friends complaining, "Coldplay hasn't been genuine since Viva, and this is proof of it!" all morning. Both annoying and hilarious at the same time.

So OK, good for Chris, that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to disagree with this decision.

It seems like a worldwide trend hehe...I think it could be an interesting thing to watch, as Chris has a talkative side with some whits/humors, which may add a good flavor into the judge group? If Co. will have a "70s' Show" style documentary in the future, that could be a super-laughing-make stuff :P, good for the fans, the company, and all; that would be epic! I think I am not the only one to have such an idea popping up...where is the director *6*

How in God's name do you jump to that conclusion?

Well first it was x idol and american factor and now this. Plus the whole MX thing. You need to understand why some of us get pissed off at these things. They seem to be abandoning the very principles they stood for. Things that attracted a lot of people to them in their earlier years. I get the impression people here think Coldplay only ever existed after VLV!