✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

Tash

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm not surprised. She said in an interview a few months ago that "no matter what happens with our marriage…" he's been a good father. And then there was her campaign to shut down the Vanity Fair article. The house just purchased in Malibu was purchased under her name, I read.

Guest LiquidSky

So it says they are separating and not divorcing, so they are not divorcing? Just separating as in not being a couple but legally married still??

So it says they are separating and not divorcing, so they are not divorcing? Just separating as in not being a couple but legally married still??

Part of the announcement:

we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate

To me that sounds that they lived separate for a while now and decided that it won't work out, even if they want to. A divorce is the most logical next step.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin split, announce they’re ‘consciously uncoupling’

source:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/gwyneth-paltrow-and-chris-martin-split-announce-theyre-consciously-uncoupling/story-fnk825aa-1226864968928

This story was published: 1 hour ago March 26, 2014 9:00AM

It’s over.

GWYNETH Paltrow and Chris Martin have announced their separation.

In a statement released on Paltrow’s Goop website, the actor announced she and her Coldplay husband are parting way after 10 years of marriage.

“It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate,” the statement says.

“We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate.

“We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and co-parent, we will be able to continue in the same manner.”

Paltrow and Martin met in 2002 and grew quite close as the Coldplay singer helped the actor deal with the death of her father, Bruce Paltrow, who passed away in October 2002.

The Coldplay singer is credited with helping the actor overcome the death of her father, Bruce Paltrow, in October 2002.

Martin wrote the song Fix You about Paltrow’s loss, and he stated in an interview in 2012 that he cries every time he hears the song.

The couple were married in December 2003 and Paltrow gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin, in May 2004 in London.

In 2006 they welcomed their second child, son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin.

In 2012, when promoting the film Thanks for Sharing, (about sex addiction) Paltrow was asked if she’d forgive her husband if he ever cheated on her.

“I think that if the idea of being committed to someone is important to you, you begin to value certain parts of your social life over another,” Paltrow said.

“No couple is the same, and as such, every couple takes on different challenges. I would like to think that I would be forgiving and/or forgiven, but I can’t give an honest answer as I haven’t really experienced that.”

Just last month a message about Paltrow appeared on Whisper — an anonymous secret-sharing app — claiming that the actress has been having an affair with well-known entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn.

Her rep slammed the rumour, saying it’s “100 per cent false”.

Guest LiquidSky

Yeah but some people just separate but never get divorced... Yes, it sounds like they've been living separate

Honestly, I'm not surprised. She said in an interview a few months ago that "no matter what happens with our marriage…" he's been a good father. And then there was her campaign to shut down the Vanity Fair article. The house just purchased in Malibu was purchased under her name, I read.

His and her houses. But damn, now I'm racking my brain to remember the songs from Ghost Stories now. He did say that the album was "very personal." :( I'm sad, nonetheless...