✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

Tash

This is a sad day. But it is out of our control and I feel like they know what is best for them. I just wish all four of them the best! It's depressing, especially with all the excitement of Ghost Stories and the DVD. I feel like it's hard to be as excited. :(

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's hard to feel sad about something that I always saw was a separate bubble to the Coldplay sphere. Ok, it was a relationship that inspired songs like Fix You but the press attention and persistant talk and obsession of the pair never interested me in the slightest. Regardless whether they are just a normal couple or two entertainment superstars you always feel sorry for any marriage break up especially when there are kids involved.

Intriguing what divorce can bring out in musicians though. The Winner Takes It All and all that....Ghost Stories?

I'm really sad about it, more than I thought I would, they were such a nice couple. They appeared on the red carpet together for the first time just some time ago, he moved to LA for her.... I guess they were just trying to make things work :/

I hope everything work out well for them

Lets be honest, it was coming. She doesnt come across well. She comes across as someone in total love with themselves. They seemed like different people. Is sad though when a break up happens.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'd understand this if they were dating, but they were together for about 11 years. I'm sure they would've learned to cope with it.

It's been a few hours since we found out and I still can't believe this happened...

How can the new songs make sense? They are actually about love...

To me Magic is very much a breakup song, looking at the lyrics. It's about someone 'still believing in magic' despite what happened to him.

Another's Arms is definitely a breakup song. It's about someone watching TV and wishing the other person was there with him. Damn may as well have thrown in a tub of ice cream.

I didn't think that CP's lyrics were that related to Chris Martin's life anymore (Viva and MX) but these ones sound more personal.

I'd understand this if they were dating, but they were together for about 11 years. I'm sure they would've learned to cope with it.

It's been a few hours since we found out and I still can't believe this happened...

Thats true. But shes so up herself. Another theory doing the rounds is that it has something to do with the vanity fair thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think a lot of us are trying to over-analyze the situation. Truthfully we really don't know what has gone on. Maybe they came to this decision last year and have lived with this decision for a while now and are just announcing it today because they both don't want it to interfere with their plans (Chris going on tour *hopefully* and G with her acting career) and they just thought to get it out of the way now. We just don't know and I think it would be unfair to analyze all the events leading up to it to both CM and GP to try to piece it together, because we won't ever know and like they asked for they need their privacy.

Sometimes things just don't work out. They have two very big careers that need a lot of attention and its tough enough doing that. Just hope for the best for everyone involved.

Well yes they are love songs.. but think about it.. "and I just got broken, broken into two, still I call it magic when I'm with you" Sounds like a person who's gone through a break up, but may be in denial. Or has possibly accepted it and still cherishes the time they spent together. Midnight seems to be about going through a very very dark time, but still trying to stay somewhat positive. Another's arms is kinda obvious. And from what I've read of the other songs, this album could very well be about the end of a relationship. Of course it could all be a big coincidence, either way I feel sad for all of them :(

I agree with everyone that the lyrics clearly seem very personal this time around. Listening to Magic now, it seems very sad, and Midnight is even darker. These songs have taken on an entire new meaning for me (as I am sure it has for others) just in the past few hours. Ghost Stories just has a whole new feel to it now. I really feel like the album is based of the past year of Chris' life. As someone said, they have had problems for a few years now and have been trying to work things out, and realized that it is not working. So I believe that Ghost Stories is about a dead relationship. It's about the past. And as simple as some of these lyrics are, I honestly can say that after this news, they somehow feel so much more meaningful. Not that they weren't before, but I can really feel it when listening to the new songs. I don't know if anyone else gets what I am saying, but it is suppose to be a good thing. :lol: