✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

Tash

If we coldplayers are devastated by the news, do the Gwyneth fans feel the same way too? :cry:

I hope they're alright.

well, she's the one who all the "cheating/seeing others" rumors have been about....

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwyneth and the kids were at a show this weekend so obviously they are still trying to keep a loving family atmosphere I totally think ppl can love each other but need space. It was nice they were still there someone said he was pointing / singing to her a few times so that's nice to see:) it wouldn't surprise me at all to still see then together as a family lots ! They just don't put me in mind of ppl will lead two completely different lives .

I feel very sad about it. The new songs, selling the house in London, and Gwyneth buying a house in Malibu all make sense now. Wouldn't it be very sad for Chris if he has to live in his big house in London by himself. Rumor is that he is going to buy a smaller place. I can't even imagine what they're going through. Being together for 10 years is a long time, and with 2 children. That's just so sad!

Always in my head has just became a very very sad song! I am still in disbelief. Totally shocked!

It's strange to think that we all feel some sort of emotion towards the split. I know it's not the case but, it almost feels as if we are going through the split too. I agree that it just doesn't seem right. That picture just tugs at my heart strings. It seems like a very intimate and personal photo of the both of them together...and they look happy. I always thought that they would be the one "Hollywood" couple that would defy the odds and make it to the end together. They seemed like they genuinely made each other happy. I can't imagine what Chris is going through, and also Gwyneth for that matter.

For some reason though, it was always in the back of my mind that one day, this day might happen. I always said that if it did, Chris would write one hell of a song or album. I guess this is what Ghost Stories might be, who knows. For lack of better words, this really sucks!

No doubt the Daily Mail, TMZ, eOnline et al. will be in overdrive right now

The Daily Mail posted two articles so far, that's nothing :p

4 now, I wonder how many there will be when I wake up in the morning.

I think they really were trying hard this past year. The Golden Globes come to mind, which is something they'd never have done before. I thought it meant they felt more confident about their marriage, but maybe it was more of a final straw, trying to change their strategies.

^ yeah i thought the same thing. also, during the last few months, although the album was to be released very soon, chris was in LA mostly while the rest of the band were in london, they must have been working on things for awhile and put their time in. seems like it just didn't work out.

I don't post on here much anymore, but just wanted to share that I am gutted. Had a good cry over it. Feels like I know C & G after all these years, you know? End of an era, I guess. Like a little death in the Coldplay family. But deep down I'm not entirely surprised either. She was very open about the ups and downs, and marriage is very very hard at times. My heart is sad for their family and I wish them well

I think they really were trying hard this past year. The Golden Globes come to mind, which is something they'd never have done before. I thought it meant they felt more confident about their marriage, but maybe it was more of a final straw, trying to change their strategies.

I was just thinking that too! They have always been very private. The last year or so, we saw more of them going to functions together (including the Gloden Globe). Chris moved to LA the last few months, probably trying to save their marriage. I guess things just didn't work work out at the end.

I wish them the best, especially the children. :cry:

Wish I could I was truly surprised, but it's been pretty clear they've been having some struggles in the past year. Moving to LA wasn't easy for Chris, or Gwyneth I'd assume, and the toll its taken is now obvious and in our faces (and theirs). I wish it didn't come to this, but hey, eleven years of marriage is a rare thing nowadays. I wish both of them luck in having this settle peacefully.

It's strange to think that we all feel some sort of emotion towards the split. I know it's not the case but, it almost feels as if we are going through the split too. I agree that it just doesn't seem right. That picture just tugs at my heart strings. It seems like a very intimate and personal photo of the both of them together...and they look happy. I always thought that they would be the one "Hollywood" couple that would defy the odds and make it to the end together. They seemed like they genuinely made each other happy. I can't imagine what Chris is going through, and also Gwyneth for that matter.

For some reason though, it was always in the back of my mind that one day, this day might happen. I always said that if it did, Chris would write one hell of a song or album. I guess this is what Ghost Stories might be, who knows. For lack of better words, this really sucks!

This.

And I agree that he probably went to L.A. and they've been doing a lot of things publicly to give it a go. I let that stuff excite me, and it's just added to the shock. But I know we aren't in the marriage, and as much as I'm having an emotional episode over it as well, we don't know. I'm really feeling for Chris especially, obviously, and am already over thinking the whole thing! For example, how hard will it be on tour when the others' families come along? See, I've got to work on this.. !!

I'm feeling a fresh break up song to be released after the album.

I think we all feel for the break up as we have all been moved by Chris's work in Coldplay and thus can empathise with someone who has moved us all in some way.

Hope all the best for him and his two kids.

A sad coincidence: Saturday, just after midnight, I wrote a blog about the show I had seen on Saturday (the video shoot did not include two songs), as I looked forward to what turned out to be an even better show on Sunday. Here's what I wondered: Are the lyrics referring to the life of an enduring love and eternal hope or to the ending of hopes, dreams and life itself? It seems like the former but it will take a closer listen to figure it out or wait for the band to tell us the meaning of the new album.

This makes me so sad for all four of them! Although, the lyrics of Always in My head, Midnight, and Magic make more sense now. I was wondering what inspired the lyrics.... maybe this had something to do with it, but who knows. Ahh, I feel so sad. :( :(

I have always admired the band members including Chris Martin for being good people; polite, never getting too cocky or getting involved with drugs, being charitable, respectful and hard working. Overall I've seen Chris Martin as a role model and that's the same for a lot of fans- so it's natural to feel sad about it.

Bad things happen to good people, and something I've learned is sometimes even if it feels like you're meant to be with someone the universe just tears you apart.

Hoping that things work out for the best for them and the kids.