✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Jenjie

Yeah, me and my friend are intending to travel the 250 miles on our own but we are both gonna try and get tickets. That way if one of us fails, the other is able to buy 2 and the one who missed it is able to pay the other one off :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw James Blunt at Royal Albert Hall yesterday. So surprised that Coldplay will be having at the same place. I hope so too to get the tickets on July 1st! I checked on eventim for 25-April ticket which supposedly opened for sale yesterday starting at 9am in the morning (UK time) and today I checked again all the tickets are sold out! Crazy! I can only assume now that on sale tickets for the next ones would be getting so hectic, probably like 4-5 hours before sold out! :(

By the way, can you guys make assumptions how much the tickets would be? I can only guess by far about 50pounds upwards!? What do you guys think?

I literally check this website and coldplay.com every day in hope that they've announced tour dates in the UK, so you can imagine my ecstasy when I saw they were going to play in London at the start of July.

Just hope I get tickets. Would be distraught if I didn't. I want to go to the Paris one too, but with the debacle with the Cologne tickets I think I'd be more than satisfied with just the London one :)

What's the place like? Is there a decent standing area?

This is pretty much how it looks like. Taken from last night James Blunt show. I was sitting kind of the upper seat so I had an urge to turn my head towards right to see him haha.

6ifc3t.jpg

If you would like to see more of this, you can go to http://www.royalalberthall.com/virtualtour/index.html it's got a virtual tour so you can see the whole thing thoroughly. :)

Thanks a lot ;) So were people standing up? You can't really see well in the tour. Sorry, but sitting down in during a Coldplay concert sounds so...perverse.

Heheh I know, well.. as of yesterday I was there, there were no free standing but all seatings available even though if you get to seat in the front row at the lower ones. Have you checked the link I gave you? That's pretty much how it looks like. But we got chances to stand up though, and this hall might be smaller but regardless where you will be seating at, I guess you can really watch the stage very clearly because the hall is well-rounded (cant say so much more actually)..but yeah :D

:L I'm not worried about not being able to see (I'm 6ft2") it's just hopefully my first Coldplay concert and I don't want to hinder my inner Coldplayer from jumping around to Charlie Brown (if they play it).

Ah you're tall! You should probably stand behind me then :lol: Jk!

I hope they are gonna play that song again, Charlie Brown and Viva La Vida make everybody stands up fo-sho! :D:D

I know! My personal yearing is probably Glass of Water. If I see that song live, I can die a VERY happy person! But it's a small venue so they probably won't :/

I think they have performed Glass of Water a couple of times before the song was even released, but the song can be considered as rare...not so many people would take an attention in comparison with, for example, Yellow...I mean everybody knows that song so much more! :cool:

I guess I would go for The Goldrush. From the recording they sound a bit more relaxed rather than other songs they played.. It's a fun song with that enjoyable rhythm!

That has to be my favourtie B-side of all time. But that's it's only downfall, it's never played live because it's a B-side :( I agree with what you said about Glass of Water. Maybe I should get a massive sign with my request on it, just to further piss off the people behind me ;)

That has to be my favourtie B-side of all time. But that's it's only downfall, it's never played live because it's a B-side :( I agree with what you said about Glass of Water. Maybe I should get a massive sign with my request on it, just to further piss off the people behind me ;)

Sure, me too! Prospekt March EP is my all time favorite! I wouldnt expect so much on Coldplay when they perform, whatever the songs are, I'll for sure be standing up and screaaaaaming! :D:lol:

Anyway, I checked the Cologne, Germany ticket is 88.90 Euros, I converted into pounds it was like 70 something (better to save some money from now). James Blunt yesterday was 38.50pounds.. same place different artists...perhaps different quality :cool::smug:

Sure, me too! Prospekt March EP is my all time favorite! I wouldnt expect so much on Coldplay when they perform, whatever the songs are, I'll for sure be standing up and screaaaaaming! :D:lol:

Anyway, I checked the Cologne, Germany ticket is 88.90 Euros, I converted into pounds it was like 70 something (better to save some money from now). James Blunt yesterday was 38.50pounds.. same place different artists...perhaps different quality :cool::smug:

Yeah, thing is for me though I have to travel 250 miles by train and that isn't cheap by all accounts! If I do go, I'll probably try and get there early so that they can see my lovely sign at the front :)

Yeah, thing is for me though I have to travel 250 miles by train and that isn't cheap by all accounts! If I do go, I'll probably try and get there early so that they can see my lovely sign at the front :)

Wow! Sounds like it's very far from London! Yeah, but it's gonna be a worthwhile show.. I mean I can't say no this time just to see them live. :)

Definitely. I don't know whether they are coming to the North-West this year so I'm taking the opportunity! Presuming they are playing at 9pm like the Germany concert, I'm probably gonna arrive at 9am if I go. Be worth it though!

Sure, wait.. you're saying northwest, is it partly in the UK?

I always thought northwest is always the US sayings or maybe I'm just bad at geography :lol:

I stayed overnight in London when seeing James Blunt last night. Was worth it though, there was a special guest before him, then he started at 8.30 to 10 something.. And plus the stadium felt so royal :D So should be the same timeframe as Coldplay's.

It looks bloody royal by the virtual tour! And I mean the North West of England, more specifically, Cheshire. I don't think I can stay over though, my allowance doesn't stretch that far, catching the lovely 6am train instead :D

Cool! And if we got to meet there I think that would be cool :D Havent really met Coldplayers ever since!

Yeah, that would be cool. Everyone up here really isn't into them at all! If there is a London Coldplaying meet up, I'll definitely see you! :)

Yup yup! I'm always around! :D

Actually, I live like an hour and half from London, but still quite close to there. So yeah prolly I can be a London Coldplaying member :lol: