✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange #17 [Reviews & Tracklists]

squibby92

It's been a while and I've noticed there's not been any reviews for a few days. C'mon people, including myself the rest of us are dying to know what you've thought of the mixtapes made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ THIS

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been busy with school and other stuff lately. I'll try to post my review within the next two days

That's no problem, it's that time of year for those of us in college or school. Just wanted to see where people are at really :)

It's been a while and I've noticed there's not been any reviews for a few days. C'mon people, including myself the rest of us are dying to know what you've thought of the mixtapes made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too!! I've been refreshing every few hours and nothin' yet! :(

Ok, review time. First of all, most of the song were very familiar to me but, well, I said not to care about my tastes so, it's all my fault :p

Anyway, to the tracks:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming by U2, one of my favourites of The Unforgettable Fire album. Works great as an opener.

2. It begins with some dreamy female vocals which I'm pretty sure I've heard before, but I can't identify them, then loud drumming kicks in, immediately followed by guitar and guitar, with the vocals becoming "stronger". Not really my cup of tea, but I have to say the drumwork and the vocals are pretty amazing.

3. Stumming guitar and a male voice this time. Sounds like some classic folk song, but with some kind of modern twist. To be honest, the melody doesn't really appeal to me and the chorus is almost annoying. The messier part towards the middle of the song is really good though.

4. The Goldrush. I think I forgot about the existence of this song and the fact that it's actually very enjoyable...

5. Starts with some echoed guitar, then goes straight to the first verse, becoming then a "normal" indie rock song when reaching the chorus. I dig the melody.

6. A short instrumental with leading guitar, some drums and... trumpets?

7. A powerful grunge rock number driven by a loud guitar riff and a solo towards the end. Reminds me of the Foo Fighters, but I don't think it's actually them.

8. Another guitar driven peace, this time with a classic rock oriented sound. The spokenword-like vocals are quite reminescent of Velvet Underground. Also, ireally like how the sounds keeps bouncing from a speaker to the other.

9. Citizen Erased by Muse. Even thought i no longer listen to them, I still consider this song one of their best works.

10. Strawberry Swing. Everything said...

11. Another U2 song. It's The Fly this time. Truly a classic, I wish they had played it live when I saw them back in 2009...

12. Soul To Squeeze by RHCP. I really love their more "slower" stuff.

13. Guitar/bass song. It has a quite melancholy/nostalgic melody which I really enjoy. Reminds me of 29 Palms by Robert Plant for some reason.

14. Soory but no. I think I heard this song (both the original and the Calvin Harris remix) on radio and TV so many times back when it was relased 2/3 years ago that I can barelylisten to it now.

15. This is weird. This song was in the tape I recieved in the third exchange I took part in. Never been that keen on his voice, but it's still a decent pop song. This is Underwater by Mika.

Overall, I'm no longer that much into "rock" music, so I have to admit that I felt kind of lukewarm towards this tape. But again, don't worry, it was meant to be YOUR mixtape, not mine, therefore I'd take something that reflects your tastes a million times over something "forced" made just to please me.

Also, thank you for bringing back to my memory songs I love but that I forgot about to some extent. :nice:

I was the one that made your mixtape, Mrk. it's the first time I participate on this thread, so I done the tracklist with well-known and lesser known songs of my favourite artists

Tracklist:

1. A Sort of Homecoming - U2

2. Glass - Bat For Lashes

3. The Bones of You - Elbow

4. The Goldrush - Coldplay

5. Who We Are - Imagine Dragons

6. Pretty Little Ditty - Red Hot Chili Peppers

7. Your Time Has Come - Audioslave

8. Castles Made of Sand - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

9. Citizen Erased - Muse

10. Strawberry Swing - Coldplay

11. The Fly - U2

12. Soul to Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers

13. Time Goes Back - John Frusciante

14. Spectrum - Florence + The Machine

15. Underwater - Mika

16. Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 (Redemption) - Muse

download

My comments are in red

Ok, review time. First of all, most of the song were very familiar to me but, well, I said not to care about my tastes so, it's all my fault :p

Anyway, to the tracks:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming by U2, one of my favourites of The Unforgettable Fire album. Works great as an opener.

The 1st thing I thought of for this mixtape was the opening and ending songs. TUF has one of the best vocal works of Bono, also it was the 1st time U2 paired with Brian Eno. I just love how Edge's guitar echoes in the back, especially "on bordeland we run"

2. It begins with some dreamy female vocals which I'm pretty sure I've heard before, but I can't identify them, then loud drumming kicks in, immediately followed by guitar and guitar, with the vocals becoming "stronger". Not really my cup of tea, but I have to say the drumwork and the vocals are pretty amazing.

This is Glass by Bat For Lashes, they opened at the 1st Coldplay's concert I went. they are a very indie band, using a lot of ambient sounds and percussion. Natasha's vocals at the chorus reminds me a lot of Another's Arms intro

3. Stumming guitar and a male voice this time. Sounds like some classic folk song, but with some kind of modern twist. To be honest, the melody doesn't really appeal to me and the chorus is almost annoying. The messier part towards the middle of the song is really good though.

Bones of You by Elbow, they use a lot of lower tuning guitars and higher vocals. Plus Guy Garvey's voice has a amazing range.

4. The Goldrush. I think I forgot about the existence of this song and the fact that it's actually very enjoyable...

only thing I can add here is Will's lovely vocals :smug:

5. Starts with some echoed guitar, then goes straight to the first verse, becoming then a "normal" indie rock song when reaching the chorus. I dig the melody.

Who We Are by Imagine Dragons, this song was made for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire OST. The guitar riffs are so addictive, I love Dan's accent on this and he likes to sing with 'raging voice', also the drums are a perfect fit to the mood.

6. A short instrumental with leading guitar, some drums and... trumpets?

the only track I made harder to guess, it's Pretty Little Ditty by RHCP. It sounds like a jam and shows a great bass line and technique, especially at 0:52, when the guitar start improvising, with a cool trumpet in the back by the bassist, Flea. It's a shame though, that the drums only appear at the very end of the song.

7. A powerful grunge rock number driven by a loud guitar riff and a solo towards the end. Reminds me of the Foo Fighters, but I don't think it's actually them.

Your Time Has Come, Audioslave. Love how Chris Cornell voice is so scratchy, that guitar solo sounds so electronic but this kind of riff is the main characteristic of the band

8. Another guitar driven peace, this time with a classic rock oriented sound. The spokenword-like vocals are quite reminescent of Velvet Underground. Also, ireally like how the sounds keeps bouncing from a speaker to the other.

Castles Made of Sand by Jimi Hendrix, I just love his bluesy/funky guitar technique. This one is a good example of great riff + great lyrics at "and so castles made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually"

9. Citizen Erased by Muse. Even thought i no longer listen to them, I still consider this song one of their best works.

nothing to add here, CE is on my top 3 Muse songs by all its components

10. Strawberry Swing. Everything said...

Coldplay have not yet made a song that overcomes this as #1 in my Top 3

11. Another U2 song. It's The Fly this time. Truly a classic, I wish they had played it live when I saw them back in 2009...

U2 doing some classic pop rock song with dirtier effects, that solo gives me eargasm :smug:

12. Soul To Squeeze by RHCP. I really love their more "slower" stuff.

This one is a b-side of Blood Sugar Sex Magik era, the bass line is the main character and the guitar add harmonies. Their slower songs have more darker lyrics, here Anthony is singing 'bout his drug addiction and getting cleaned.

13. Guitar/bass song. It has a quite melancholy/nostalgic melody which I really enjoy. Reminds me of 29 Palms by Robert Plant for some reason.

It's Time Goes Back by John Frusciante (ex-guitarist of RHCP). He has some interesting stuff on his solo career, John produces almost all the instruments and then invites others musicians to complete the albums. I chose this 'cos it's his best vocal era, plus the rhythmic guitar is lovely

14. Soory but no. I think I heard this song (both the original and the Calvin Harris remix) on radio and TV so many times back when it was relased 2/3 years ago that I can barelylisten to it now.

It's Spectrum by Florence + the Machine. Well, I wanna to put another vocal based song and Florence has a crazy voice tone for a woman. Saw her last yr on Rock In Rio and she sounded as good as on record, plus the harp progression is beautiful.

15. This is weird. This song was in the tape I recieved in the third exchange I took part in. Never been that keen on his voice, but it's still a decent pop song. This is Underwater by Mika.

Underwater is from The Origin of Love, released in 2012. It's my favourite of that album, simple chord progression on piano that matches completely what he's singing

U missed the #16, it's Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 - Redemption by Muse. I wanted to finish the mixtape with piano based songs, this is one of the best Muse's song on that subject. The "let's start over again" part give me chills, I dream of the day Matt Bellamy decides that they should do a complete orchestral album.

Overall, I'm no longer that much into "rock" music, so I have to admit that I felt kind of lukewarm towards this tape. But again, don't worry, it was meant to be YOUR mixtape, not mine, therefore I'd take something that reflects your tastes a million times over something "forced" made just to please me.

Also, thank you for bringing back to my memory songs I love but that I forgot about to some extent. :nice:

I glad the mixtape I did made u happy in some way :D

^Whoops, it seems that I mistakenly deleted part of my post sorry. I already knew that song too though, so I probably didn't write anything interesting about it :P

How the hell did I not recognise Jimi Hendrix? :facepalm:

And I kind of had a feeling that Track 13 was Frusciante, even though I've never heard his solo stuff before...

How the hell did I not recognise Jimi Hendrix? :facepalm:

And I kind of had a feeling that Track 13 was Frusciante, even though I've never heard his solo stuff before...

I guess Jimi Hendrix is best known for live cds/dvds than studio albums and if u wanna get to know John's solo career I recommend listening to Shadows Collide With People and The Will To Death ;)

This is my first time too, and it was really awesome :) Sorry if my reviews are kinda bare; I wrote them while also avoid — I mean, working on a paper for school.

1. I didn't like it too much at first, it was a bit too... funky, I guess. As the song went on, however, it grew on me. (the outro is really really nice)

2. From the start, I loved this one. I've heard a few things from this artist before (you forgot to take out all the track info ;)) and I'll definitely have to check out some more of his songs.

3. Matt! I absolutely LOVE this guy! Great taste, mixtape-maker! I really have to listen to this album more; I tend to only really listen to Some Mad Hope.

4. Not bad, but again, kinda funky. I grew accustomed to it as well as #1, but I didn't particularly like it at first. Thinking about it, I don't really know why I dislike funk. I'll have to listen to more of it.

5. Woah, the voice is extremely stereo-y. That threw me off a bit, haha. The strings in the background are phenomenal; I love songs that can work them in smoothly as this one does. I'll definitely have to add this to my iTunes.

6. Right from the start, I love the drumbeat. The layers work together mostly well, but the vocals seem kinda hastily thrown on. The singer's voice reminds me a little bit of the xx, and the song itself has a lot of interesting dissonance.

7. Kinda electronic, but in an ok way. It's a bit pulsing, but I think I can learn to like it quite a bit. The vocals are really nice; I like his voice.

8. This is probably my favorite of the obscure cp songs; I love it and cant help singing along :)

come on, come on, oh what a state I'm innnnn come on, come on, why won't it just sink innn?

9. Oh, I've heard this! I like this one! I didn't recognize it until the chorus, but after that I knew I'd heard it somewhere! That's another one I'll have to add to my iTunes

10. This has a really GS-ish vibe; I like it. The organ (maybe accordion?) part in the background and the percussive effects are really cool. The singer's accent is kinda funny too :) I really liked when the banjo-sounding part and the other voice came in. Again, the outro is really nice. I'm gonna add this to my iTunes too.

11. Haha, another funk song. I'm starting to actually enjoy these :)

12. Is this Brennisteinn? I know it's some form of Sigur Rós; I'd recognize that angelic meowing anywhere, haha. It's a bit more intense than their other albums, so I think it is. I quite enjoyed this one. :)

13. I liked this one from the start. The singer's voice is really nice. I thought that the acoustic-ness was really nice as well, and the gradual layering of instruments was really cool.

14. Woah, this was pretty different. I wasn't expecting this. It's a really electric, house music-y track, with really heavy vocals. I don't like this one too much. :confused:

15. This one is pretty nice. I like the instruments, but for some reason, the singer's voice kinda annoyed me at the beginning, although I eventually got used to it.

16. Wow, this is pretty cool! I'm totally adding it to my iTunes, especially if I can find an instrumental version. What language is it, by the way? I can't place it... It sounds like some kind of southeast asian language, maybe.

17. This one! Wow, this is old! isn't it from when they were still The Starfish? I wonder if there's a full version floating around on the internet somewhere...

18. You sure like this kind of stuff, don't you? :)

19. Oh, this is really nice. I'm gonna add this to my iTunes for sure. I love the stripped-down style and the guy's voice.

20. This is amazing as well, I really really like it! Instrumental songs are almost always good.

21. OH MY GOSH THIS SONG HAHAHA I FORGOT HOW MUCH I USED TO LIKE IT

Hello! I apologize for not having a chance seeing this thread. I have read your post the other day but forgot to reply back at ya. Anyways, I was the person who made your mixtape. I hope you enjoyed it! And sorry about all the song removals, I guess I failed at it...I literally dont know how to do it still :sad:

One song that you asked about another language is Indonesian, and I'm from there, so I just wanted to share at least one song that maybe people out there can listen to with that catchy beat. The song is pretty catchy to me personally, and it is basically about the third person who is involved in the relationship, the lyrics are so classic that everyone must have that situation at least once in their lives. I hope you enjoyed the song too :) Cheers!

Aight aight now it's my turn to write up some reviews.

This mixtape project should be held every year! Havent come across till seeing this thread actually, thanks to everyone who participated this, we all shall do this again!

So my mixtape has this unique title called "Through the beat", and all the songs really are through the beat, but unfortunately I cant even guess all the artists for each song, I think I need to explore other music a lot deeper!

1. This song reminds me of some movie soundtrack I have heard it somewhere. Is this from action movie? :D

2. I think the mixtaper does like EDM hmmmm :D

3. I like the beat, but not one of my favorites. I'm sorry :(

4. This song is pretty cool. Do you like EDM with instrumentals?

5. Again, same thing same thing, I would have to guess the mixtaper likes going to the club, or maybe he/she is the DJ in da club :D

6. Haaaaa same thing as what I said on #5

7. Dude, are you really a DJ? If you are then you are so talented at this!

8. This song has put me in a little bit of confusion. It's like I dont know how to react because I cant really hear it vividly, but still cool :D

9. Same as #5

10. Loooove it!

11. Movie soundtrack?

12. I hate to say this, but not my favorite :(

13. This song reminds me of the band called I Break Horses. If you listen to one of the songs called Winter Beats, that kinda reminds me of this, dunno why. :)

Thank you for the mixtape once again! It's been fun to listen to other people's taste of music. I appreciate your time and effort to stop by this thread and share your song choices! Cheers!

Hi grids, I'm your mixtape maker. :nice:

I didn't have a clue of what your music tastes are, so this time i decided to just put all the stuff I'm into at the moment (which is mostly, as you've noticed electronic music).

My comments are in green

Aight aight now it's my turn to write up some reviews.

This mixtape project should be held every year! Havent come across till seeing this thread actually, thanks to everyone who participated this, we all shall do this again!

So my mixtape has this unique title called "Through the beat", and all the songs really are through the beat, but unfortunately I cant even guess all the artists for each song, I think I need to explore other music a lot deeper!

Do it! There are actually lots of really good tunes like these.

1. This song reminds me of some movie soundtrack I have heard it somewhere. Is this from action movie? :D

Actually, this song was relased only on a 12' single this year. It's probably one of the most interesting things I've heard this year and it has indeed a quite cinematic feel.

2. I think the mixtaper does like EDM hmmmm :D

This is one of those dance and alt-rock hybrids (the name of the band is actually Hybrid, ha) I really love. This song in particular sounds like some kind of more sci-fi Depeche Mode, which I love too.

3. I like the beat, but not one of my favorites. I'm sorry :(

It's ok, music relased by Warp Records usually isn't very easy to digest, even though this song is still quite accessible. Anyway, I've just bought this band's new album and it's really awesome.

4. This song is pretty cool. Do you like EDM with instrumentals?

If you're into acts like Daft Punk or Justice, then you'll love this guy too. His style is quite reminescent of the two french bands, but he still manages to always add his own touch.

5. Again, same thing same thing, I would have to guess the mixtaper likes going to the club, or maybe he/she is the DJ in da club :D

That's weird, because I don't find this dance-y at all :thinking:. Actually, it makes me feel like I'm sitting on the top of a mountain with a breathtaking view in front of me.

6. Haaaaa same thing as what I said on #5

This one is by Percussions, one of Four Tet's aliases (you've probably heard about him on this forum). Indeed, the beat and the melody are very hynotic, perfect for a club.

7. Dude, are you really a DJ? If you are then you are so talented at this!

Haha, I'm not really a DJ, but I've DJed with a friend of mine at some birthday parties :wacky:. Anyway, i thought that some chilling out D'n'B would have been a good addition to the tape.

8. This song has put me in a little bit of confusion. It's like I dont know how to react because I cant really hear it vividly, but still cool :D

I don't even think that this one has already been officially relased yet. If I remember correctly, I found this song on YT because it was suggestet by a musician I follow. This kind of atmospheric UK Garage always leaves me in awe...

9. Same as #5

I've been listening to a lot of minimal-techno recently. It's simply addicting for me.

10. Loooove it!

Glad you do! :wacko: The lyrics are pure poetry and they blend really well with the melancholy synths. Anyway, this artist has just relased his debut album, a must-check-out indeed.

11. Movie soundtrack?

Another D'n'B track, but this time it's some hard-dropping Neurofunk. I could totally see this as beeing part of a sci-fi- themed fil or videogame soundtrack.

12. I hate to say this, but not my favorite :(

The vocals and the samples are amazing to me, but I can totally see why people may find this song cheesy.

13. This song reminds me of the band called I Break Horses. If you listen to one of the songs called Winter Beats, that kinda reminds me of this, dunno why. :)

This one is by Porter Robinson (you probably know him for the prog house hits Language and Easy) and I was really suprised by him relasing a track like this. Sounds almost like a blend of Sigur Ros and M83, but the song you mentioned is indeed quite similar too.

Thank you for the mixtape once again! It's been fun to listen to other people's taste of music. I appreciate your time and effort to stop by this thread and share your song choices! Cheers!

No problem! I was quite worried about my choices, since it seems that, judging by the past exchanges, electronic music isn't very well recieved by most people on here. I'm actually glad that I made you discover some new stuff! :)

Tracklist:

Artist - Song (Album, Year)

1. Clark - Superscope (Superscope 12'', 2014)

2. Hybrid - Disappear Here (Disappear Here, 2010)

3. Plaid - Hawkmoth (Reachy Prints, 2014)

4. Uppermost - Closer To You (Evolution, 2014)

5. Tycho - See (Awake, 2014)

6. Percussions - Ascii Bot (2014)

7. Technimatic - Night Vision (Desire Paths, 2014)

8. Kollaps - Could This Be (2014)

9. Pig&Dan - Purple Pods (Purple Pods EP, 2014)

10. Sohn - Lights (Tremors, 2014)

11. Noisia, Calyx & TeeBee - Hyenas (2013)

12. Rameses B feat. Veela - Timeless (Timeless EP, 2013)

13. Porter Robinson - Sea Of Voices (Worlds, 2014)

Link:

http://www.filedropper.com/throughthebeat

Hello! I apologize for not having a chance seeing this thread. I have read your post the other day but forgot to reply back at ya. Anyways, I was the person who made your mixtape. I hope you enjoyed it! And sorry about all the song removals, I guess I failed at it...I literally dont know how to do it still :sad:

One song that you asked about another language is Indonesian, and I'm from there, so I just wanted to share at least one song that maybe people out there can listen to with that catchy beat. The song is pretty catchy to me personally, and it is basically about the third person who is involved in the relationship, the lyrics are so classic that everyone must have that situation at least once in their lives. I hope you enjoyed the song too :) Cheers!

Now that you've responded you should put up the tracklist so BookLover knows what tracks were which that you did manage to delete the info from and post the download link too for others who might want to download your mixtape :)

Now that you've responded you should put up the tracklist so BookLover knows what tracks were which that you did manage to delete the info from and post the download link too for others who might want to download your mixtape :)

Oh no, I forgot about that being left out! I am so sorry! Thanks for the reminder, squibby :) :)

Hi grids, I'm your mixtape maker. :nice:

I didn't have a clue of what your music tastes are, so this time i decided to just put all the stuff I'm into at the moment (which is mostly, as you've noticed electronic music).

Just spotted you haven't included the download link to your tape Mrk.

Also I've updated the thread so that all mixtapes that have been reviewed so far are now available to download in the first post :)

Just spotted you haven't included the download link to your tape Mrk.

Also I've updated the thread so that all mixtapes that have been reviewed so far are now available to download in the first post :)

You should put their review of the mixtape and their response to the review, so if people want to check if they recevied their review or not don't need to real all the pages and just go to the first post

You should put their review of the mixtape and their response to the review, so if people want to check if they recevied their review or not don't need to real all the pages and just go to the first post

Forgot about doing that, will add it now!

Sorry for spamming the thread but the links to the mixtapes, reviews and response and tracklists are updated now. There's still half of the people waiting on a review or to respond to them. So if we don't get more reviews by Tuesday night I'll be messaging people. As I've said throughout though, of course I'll understand if you've got a reason as to why you haven't reviewed or responded yet and I'll let your mixtape reviewer or maker know too without revealing who you are either. :)

Hey BookLover715, I apologize for not leaving all the comments for each song, thanks to Squibby who reminded me yesterday. Well alright, so I'm going to write this down now! My comments are highlighted in blue.

This is my first time too, and it was really awesome :) Sorry if my reviews are kinda bare; I wrote them while also avoid — I mean, working on a paper for school.

1. I didn't like it too much at first, it was a bit too... funky, I guess. As the song went on, however, it grew on me. (the outro is really really nice)

I first listened to this song on Deezer. The song just grew on me easily and fell in love with the song at my first sight really! I like the beat though, but I do understand that people may have different taste of music ;)

2. From the start, I loved this one. I've heard a few things from this artist before (you forgot to take out all the track info ;)) and I'll definitely have to check out some more of his songs.

Again, Deezer made me listening to this :smug:, oops I'm sorry! It seems like I failed at it!

3. Matt! I absolutely LOVE this guy! Great taste, mixtape-maker! I really have to listen to this album more; I tend to only really listen to Some Mad Hope.

Yupyup! I love Matt Nathanson, his music is awesome! Glad you like it!

4. Not bad, but again, kinda funky. I grew accustomed to it as well as #1, but I didn't particularly like it at first. Thinking about it, I don't really know why I dislike funk. I'll have to listen to more of it.

The singer is actually Indonesian in this song. He once ever lived in Germany for studies then bumped into the music industry by accident, which afterwards he auditioned for some kind of european idol sorta thing...and he won during the time! Most of his songs are sang in English, you should dig some of his songs a lot more if you are curious, he also has got some Indonesian songs too :P

5. Woah, the voice is extremely stereo-y. That threw me off a bit, haha. The strings in the background are phenomenal; I love songs that can work them in smoothly as this one does. I'll definitely have to add this to my iTunes.

Yeah, I love Greg Laswell since I first listened to one of his songs called "Take A Bow", then later on I just fell in love with all of his albums. His songs always give me nostalgic kinda feeling like I always think back to the day where I was a kid and all, and his songs just kinda grow on me with that perfect flow.. Not entirely sure if I say it right but yea :P :D

6. Right from the start, I love the drumbeat. The layers work together mostly well, but the vocals seem kinda hastily thrown on. The singer's voice reminds me a little bit of the xx, and the song itself has a lot of interesting dissonance.

Again, another Indonesian song but sang in English! :D This song was composed back in 2005...woah almost a decade now can't believe that haha! I remembered back in the day when I first listened to this I was watching this Indonesian movie called "Janji Joni" meaning "Joni's promises". And again if you are curious to watch some international movies, I can show you this movie in english subtitles:

Hope you like it! By the way, the song starts at 19:04 :)

7. Kinda electronic, but in an ok way. It's a bit pulsing, but I think I can learn to like it quite a bit. The vocals are really nice; I like his voice.

Haha, this is from Janji Joni too, you should check it out!

8. This is probably my favorite of the obscure cp songs; I love it and cant help singing along :)

come on, come on, oh what a state I'm innnnn come on, come on, why won't it just sink innn?

Hehe, I was digging in on some old Coldplay songs, thought if maybe you could remember this one! :D

9. Oh, I've heard this! I like this one! I didn't recognize it until the chorus, but after that I knew I'd heard it somewhere! That's another one I'll have to add to my iTunes

I always cry every time listening to this, she kills the song really.

10. This has a really GS-ish vibe; I like it. The organ (maybe accordion?) part in the background and the percussive effects are really cool. The singer's accent is kinda funny too :) I really liked when the banjo-sounding part and the other voice came in. Again, the outro is really nice. I'm gonna add this to my iTunes too.

Yup, the singers are Coldplay's best friends. Have you heard Jon Hopkins? He ever gave his song to Coldplay called Midnight and he actually the first person who made the song but perhaps unreleased yet, then Coldplay maybe rearranged it a bit and added the lyrics. I like Jon Hopkins!

11. Haha, another funk song. I'm starting to actually enjoy these :)

:D A french guy singing in this track. Deezer made me listen to this song tbh!

12. Is this Brennisteinn? I know it's some form of Sigur Rós; I'd recognize that angelic meowing anywhere, haha. It's a bit more intense than their other albums, so I think it is. I quite enjoyed this one. :)

Yep you are 100% right! I like their brand new album especially this song even though I can never recognize what the song means till searching it on google :D, but yeah it is Sigur Ros.

13. I liked this one from the start. The singer's voice is really nice. I thought that the acoustic-ness was really nice as well, and the gradual layering of instruments was really cool.

Budapest by George Ezra! That British guy nails it! :D

14. Woah, this was pretty different. I wasn't expecting this. It's a really electric, house music-y track, with really heavy vocals. I don't like this one too much. :confused:

Sorry, this is an old song. I used to like it back in the day, but then I thought maybe I could share it and probably people would recognize and have a lil bit of nostalgia.. But yeah I failed at it :P

15. This one is pretty nice. I like the instruments, but for some reason, the singer's voice kinda annoyed me at the beginning, although I eventually got used to it.

If you get to see the lyrics, it is actually meaningful and powerful song. Too bad the song length is kinda short, I was expecting more.

16. Wow, this is pretty cool! I'm totally adding it to my iTunes, especially if I can find an instrumental version. What language is it, by the way? I can't place it... It sounds like some kind of southeast asian language, maybe.

It's Indonesian! More details you can read my comments on previous posts :)

17. This one! Wow, this is old! isn't it from when they were still The Starfish? I wonder if there's a full version floating around on the internet somewhere...

I actually downloaded this song on this forum so loooong ago! Almost a decade now if I think about it! I guess so, this is so old and I couldnt get the rest of this song... Still trying though, but I guess no one has it or perhaps I can just ask Coldplay directly when we bumped into each other :lol: *DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP GRIDS*

18. You sure like this kind of stuff, don't you? :)

Yeaaaaahhh man, this song makes me wanna dance all night looooonggggg :D :D :D :dance: :dance:

19. Oh, this is really nice. I'm gonna add this to my iTunes for sure. I love the stripped-down style and the guy's voice.

I think he used to be a youtuber but I havent seen him appearing on videos now. His name is Gabe Bondoc.

20. This is amazing as well, I really really like it! Instrumental songs are almost always good.

I think I'm really a sensitive person. Again, this song can make me cry overnight! I'm not being excessive and all but if this song is on repeat, I will definitely grab my tons of tissues beside my bed and just kinda being so nostalgic again and again.

21. OH MY GOSH THIS SONG HAHAHA I FORGOT HOW MUCH I USED TO LIKE IT

HAHAHA MADAGASCAR YEA MAN

Song lists:

1. Betting On Us by Francis and The Lights

2. Shine by Benjamin Francis Leftwich

3. Faster by Matt Nathanson

4. Forever My Queen by Sandhy Sondoro

5. It's Been A Year by Greg Laswell

6. Puzzle by Ape On The Roof

7. Bedroom Avenue by Goodnight Electric

8. Help Is Around The Corner by Coldplay

9. Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy

10. Bubble by King Creosote and Jon Hopkins

11. Baby I'm Yours by Breakbot

12. Brennisteinn by Sigur Ros

13. Budapest by George Ezra

14. Do It Again by The Chemical Brothers

15. Further On by Bronze Radio Return

16. Orang Ketiga (The Third Person in English) by HiVi

17. So Sad by Coldplay? Starfish? :P

18. You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates

19. You're It by Gabe Bondoc

20. I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi

21. Zoosters Breakout by Madagascar 2 Soundtrack

The link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/he2br6

Thanks for listening to my mixtape by the way! We all shall do this again some other time! ;)

Sorry for spamming the thread but the links to the mixtapes, reviews and response and tracklists are updated now. There's still half of the people waiting on a review or to respond to them. So if we don't get more reviews by Tuesday night I'll be messaging people. As I've said throughout though, of course I'll understand if you've got a reason as to why you haven't reviewed or responded yet and I'll let your mixtape reviewer or maker know too without revealing who you are either. :)

The link to Gerben's review is wrong buddy