✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange #17 [Reviews & Tracklists]

squibby92

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well people can reveal themselves once their mixtape has been reviewed by the person it was made for. I normally give it two or three days after downloading before I give a review so I can really pick out my favourites and flaws. But the revealing of tracklist and download link happens once the relevant mixtape has been reviewed.

This is my first mixtape exchange too, and I'm so excited! I hope my partner likes mine :) But here is my review:

Song 1: I REALLY love the beat....there's a violin (or maybe viola, idk) that goes incredibly well with the guitar. Lots of different noises and different layers of things all happening at once but in a great way! It's an instrumental song, really calm, and a great song to start this mixtape off.

Song 2: Harmonica with acoustic guitar are two amazing sounds when put together, so I like the beginning a lot. The vocals are lovely, I can't really describe his voice, and there's a woman doing backing vocals during some of the song along with the guy, and it sounds awesome. Kinda reminds me of The Lumineers or Brighten. All in all, it's a more mellow song with good lyrics.

Song 3: Ooooh, I enjoy the instrumental part of this song. Such a slow, chill, sexy beat. I don't know how I feel about the woman's voice...reminds me a little bit of Amy Winehouse or a higher-pitched Banks. The near-ending of the song is enjoyable with the electric guitar, and the beat reminds me a bit of a Kanye song.

Song 4: The beginning of it gave me some country vibes but once the singing started I knew it wasn't. I love this guy's voice....it's so soothing. The music reminds me of something that would be in a movie score, I really enjoy it! The vocals are probably my favourite part of this song.

Song 5: I love me some acoustic guitar. The vocalist's voice reminds me of a band I used to listen to, I can't really put my finger on it though. Love the woman's voice in the background. This song reminds me somewhat of Mumford and Sons. I enjoy the piano at the end as well as the violin, and whatever the electronic sound is.

Song 6: The beginning is SOOOO good, the music is amazing already. Female vocalist, nice voice, bit weird bunch of lyrics. Her voice reminds me a LOT of a female singer named Florrie. This song gives me 60's go-go vibes at some parts. I think I'll be putting this song on my iTunes. Can't stress how much I like the beat. Awesome song!

Song 7: In the beginning I'm getting some Mumford and Sons goes country vibes. This woman's voice sounds like Brienne from Game of Thrones got a singing career, LOL. The lyrics are really nice, and it's nice to see a woman taking the reins of a song with the man in the background for once :laugh3: This is a good song, though. I enjoyed listening to it.

Song 8: Okay, this definitely sounds like something I'd listen to. The guitar and drums sound like The Vaccines, and the vocals kind of remind me of the lead singer of Motion City Soundtrack. I like his voice, really smooth and I like the way his accent comes out. I'll be putting this song on iTunes as well.

Song 9: The synth in the beginning is awesome! The singer's voice isn't really my cup of tea, though. Makes me think of Juliet Simms from Automatic Loveletter, with an accent. I enjoy the lyrics, but I don't like her voice.

Song 10: The music reminds me of Best Coast in a way. I absolutely LOVE this vocalist's voice, he sounds a lot like William Beckett of The Academy Is... and I love that band! Really a good choice to put on this mixtape. The lyrics are interesting and have I mentioned how much I love this guy's voice, seriously. He's that good. Love the "ooooh"s in the background. Another great song that I'll be keeping.

Song 11: Dunno how I feel about this one at first. The beat reminds me of a kids song. Female vocalist, not really what I enjoy, the lyrics are repetitive which I don't really enjoy either. The guy's voice is refreshing. Didn't enjoy this one all too much, my least favourite on the mix so far.

Song 12: This is really tropical, Hawaiian sounding song. Once again, this makes me think of Best Coast. I actually really like the vocals switching between the female and male, they sound incredible together. I think I've heard this playing in the store I work at or something, because it sounds really familiar. I like the guitar at the near-end, gets very rock-ish and I enjoy that.

Song 13: The beginning sounds like a xylophone, I could be wrong, but I like how it sounds! The male vocalist's voice makes me distantly think of the lead singer of Swim Deep. The lyrics are great too, I might keep this one. It should be longer though, I really did like his voice.

Song 14: I'm getting a circus/carnival vibe from the beginning of the song. Female vocalist, but her voice sounds really good, I like the effect on her voice in this song, can't really describe what it is though.

Song 15: Oh this is a very nice intro to the song, reminds me of a Panic at The Disco song a bit. Once again a slower, sexy beat, with violins and synthy noises. I hear a clarinet or some other type of woodwind instrument at one point, I like it. A bit too long for an instrumental song, but a good song nonetheless.

Song 16: I have definitely heard this song before. Probably at my work or something, this is the type of music they play. I like the woman's voice. Really jazzy type of song, makes me think of The Great Gatsby. A lovely song to close the mixtape with.

This was an awesome mixtape! There were only maybe 4 or 5 songs I didn't enjoy, and whoever this was definitely has some great music taste, I can't wait to see who made it and the track-listing for it. What an amazing journey, a lot of this music I would have probably never found or never bothered to listen to/given a chance if it wasn't for this exchange! I am really grateful to have been introduced to so many new songs today, I'm always looking for more songs to put into my library. We definitely need to do this mixtape exchange again soon, I had so much fun putting mine together :)

I would wait a bit more to post it but the review was so positive I can't LOL.

Here’s my review:

So, this is my first mixtape exchange and what an exchange to start off with! Firstly, I like the artwork. It is most certainly better than anything I can produce :p The Mixtape is titled ‘Colors’ and the artwork is very coloury indeed. You also included a ‘Read Me’-file. In general you explained why the mixtape is the way it is. I made me even more curious, but I do actually like hardrock though! ;)

[...]

Well, this is an amazing mixtape! I loved every minute of it. And… well I’ll just say it.. I love YOU! You’ve got an amazing taste in music and are obviously very talented. Thank you for this and all the effort you put into it. I has been a wonderful 45 minutes.

Hey gerben, how are you!? I'm the one who made your mixtape :D. I'm so,so glad you liked it, I was hoping you would not know so many songs of it buuuut on the other side it shows you are a person that listens to a lot of (good) music.

Not let's talk about it a little:

Cover.jpg

Colors.

Cover:

Cover.jpg

Tracklist:

Colors_Back.jpg

Download(Correctly tagged already):

Comments:

Well, first I'd like to say that for the more it seems quite easy to pick some songs and put them together, making it sound nice flowing and not boring is quite hard. I myself changed it like 20 times. Among the artists that were on the tracklist but were excluded are Depeche Mode, Train, Fall Out Boy, Gorillaz, Green Day, Lifehouse, Muse and many others. I now understand why sometimes Coldplay tease us with a, like they say, killer song, but we may ending up never listening to it (like that-one-that-must-not-be-named).

I named it Colors because even as a most-indie selection, there are several nuances of sounds that really made me travel through audio-colors.

Well, that said, let's make a short comment now on the chosed ones:

#01-Making Mirrors by Gotye(Album: Making Mirrors).

This was def one of the hardest to put here 'cause in every change, the essence of the mixtape changed, so I wanted it to really tease you for what you were about to hear.

Wouter "Wally" De Backer , better known as Gotye is a Belgian-Australian multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter. His genre stays among indie rock, alternative rock, indie pop and trip hop.

#02-Big TV by White Lies(Album: Big TV).

Was the number 2 since the beginning as it works so well being Big TV(the album) opener.

White Lies are an English post-punk band from Ealing, London. Their sound contains post-punk revival, indie rock and gothic rock elements.

#03-My Body by Young the Giant(Album: Young the Giant).

This one was very hard to select because in it's place was "Cough Syrup" also by Young the Giant. The problem was Cough Syrup is their top-known song and I would like people to not recognize them at first listen. My Body was my choice immediately after. I like how it fit better than the first one.

Young the Giant is an American indie rock band that formed in Irvine, California, in 2004. Their genre floats through alternative rock, indie rock and southern rock.

#04-Mountain Sound by Of Monsters and Men(Album: My Head is an Animal).

My first choice was "Dirty Paws" but I had to change it because it was too dark for the purpose I wanted but I'd like to keep Of Monsters and Men, so Mountain Sound came in.

Of Monsters and Men is a five member, English-language, indie folk-pop band from Iceland, formed in 2010. Their genders are indie pop, indie folk and indie rock.

#05-Nevermind by Foster the People(Album: Supermodel).

This song simply came in this exact place after I selected the previous one. I already wanted something from FtP since their last LP, "Supermodel" sounds so good.

Foster the People is an American indie pop band formed in Los Angeles, California in 2009. Their huge genres list contains indie pop, alternative rock, indietronica, alternative dance, neo-psychedelia.

#06-Intro(The Moon) by The Bravery(Album: The Sun and the Moon[The Moon reinterpretation]).

Thank you for this one gerben. I didn't know it is Chopin’s Nocturne Op 9 No. 2 neither remembered that Matt Bellamy played this after USoE. This song's choice was really weird. After the previous song, I was firstly intended to put "Enjoy the Silence(reinterpreted by Mike Shinoda) by Depeche Mode but also this was a good place for an interlude, so, considering the next song, this worked as I needed. I'll talk about The Bravery later.

#07-Supersoaker by Kings of Leon(Album: Mechanical Bull).

I wanted something from Mechanical Bull because I like this album very much. I was about to put "Temple" but Supersoaker worked better.

Kings of Leon is an American rock band that formed in Nashville, Tennessee, in 1999. Their sound includes alternative rock, garage rock and southern rock.

#08-Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys(Album: AM).

This song simply came into my mind after Supersoaker ended. I wanted it rough and Arctic Monkeys did the job.

Arctic Monkeys are an English indie rock band formed in 2002 in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. They play Indie rock, psychedelic rock, garage rock and post-punk revival.

#09-The Boys by Keane(Album: Strangeland Deluxe Edition).

I loved this song when I first heard it. I don't know how could they leave it off of the standard tracklist but that's ok. The guitar is what I needed at this point of the mixtape.

Keane are an English rock band from Battle, East Sussex, formed in 1997. Their music contains alternative rock, post-Britpop, piano rock and pop rock.

#10-The Ocean by The Bravery(Album: The Sun and the Moon).

This is the beginning of the edge of the album. It starts building slowly and beautifully and ends with subtle drums. I love The Bravery and recently I found out that they didn't brakup but the members are not together and each one is doing what they like so we may not have a new album from them. Sad.

The Bravery were an formed in New York City in 2003. Their music is a synthesis of post-punk revival and New Wave.

#11-Ordinary Love(extended intro) by U2(Album: Ordinary Love - Single).

The edge of the selection. I love U2, I love this song. It's so simple, yet, so powerful. Love over all. Love over this.

In case you don't know U2 are an Irish rock band from Dublin. Formed in 1976. Genres: rock, alternative rock, post-punk.

#12-Space I by White Lies(Album: Big TV).

Time for another interlude. I could not put Big TV on this selection without putting also:

#13-First Time Caller by White Lies(Album: Big TV).

The calming down and the beginning of the goodbye.

#14-Takk(Princess Mix by Sheryar Malik) by Sigur Rós

Since this is something we started here in Coldplaying forum, something only possible because of our love for Coldplay, nothing fairest than ending it with some Coldtouch. This is the song they used to sample the beginning of Princess of China, so I added the instrumentals from Sheryar Malik (you can watch it here:

).

Sigur Rós is an Icelandic post-rock band from Reykjavík, which has been active since 1994. They play post-rock.

Well, this is it, I hope you liked it. See you all on the next edition. Goodbye ;)

My comments are in bold.

Hello there. This is my first mixtape exchange. I love this project because we can feel other peoples tastes and inevitably meet some new good artists/songs. Thanks for this and we'll meet again next time. Ok, so, the review.

First things first. I am sad it wasn't at 320kbps. It didn't lower anything on my review but high quality = more details.

Now let's begin with the songs.

#01. This is a very cool and thrilling song, instrumental, it starts with what I think it's a calm glockenspiel, and then the tune gets darker and darker, some weak drums background help with the climate. It seems to prepare someone to a journey. Reminded me of my young times when I played Final Fantasy VIII. Cool start. - 1:25 long.

Glad you liked the intro. Took me awhile to find a good one that could be the boat to the sea journey, per say. Nothing much to say other than the artist makes good experimentals.

#02. Now we get a really big piece of instrumental black metal music, raging guitars from the beginning to end, the drums keep changing every few measures. Interesting how it felt like a continuation of the introduction. I felt like in the middle of a Naruto epic battle. I like how the time spends quickly. Nice song. - 7:09 long.

I felt worried to enter you into a black metal sound so quickly, but I thought it'd be most appropriate to ease the ears onto the other songs. And I also have a fondness for this song from a band's album that has caused a huge fist fight in the black metal community.

#03. This is one song I liked very much and would like to know the artist. Very dark industrial feeling, some shining guitars from time to time, the sounds like heavy machines working give me chills. Sounds like a Silent Hill song. The woman's (I think) vocals are very soft and muffled. I love the song. - 3:28 long.

This is the awesome work of Colourmusic. They have been doing very wild indie rock for a long while, and this is from a song from their third album, their most quiet ambition to their sound. I barely heard of them last month, so I thought I should share the band.

#04. I really like the vocals here. The song goes with a repeating drum sequence, some nice guitar backgrounds and I really like the voice here. Male stronger voices on songs sound cool. Gives me a post apocalyptic feel. Reminds me of playing Skull Monkeys. - 2:41 long.

Protomartyr is a band that I have grown to instantly love for their industrial/garage sound. Joe Casey on vocals is amazing, even when it doesn't sound like he's singing.

#05. Eh, I like the jazzy sound, very tranquil, I just don't get the repeating like if it was a broken CD (literally). From some time on they stop and it sounds like a Ragnarök Online soundtrack. Ends with a long low brass solo fade out. Cool song except for the broken CD. - 3:56 long.

This one, man, is a challange from a genre of vaporwave. This is also from the most popular album of the genre, Floral Shoppe. While this was a favorite for me, I thought it may be either liked or scoffed upon. You seem to be on the fence. But just so you know, the song's broken record feel is on purpose.

#06. This is one of the heaviest fusion of black+death metal I've ever heard. I can't really distinguish any notes among the guitar rage, the double beating drums and the scary low guttural vocals that almost made me shit my pants. Don't really like this one. - 4:16 long.

I feel like I maybe put too much emphasis on noise and distortion on the first half of the mixtape (come to think of it, maybe all of it was). This song is from my top 5 favorite albums of last year mostly because of what you describe it as: scary, dark, and just plain disgusting.

#07. Now another instrumental. A heavenly synth tranquil sound made me almost fly among the clouds. Wish it was longer. Love it very much. - 1:25 long.

Again, this is vaporwave but on an ambient level. All of the ambience in the genre is pretty short for the most, so sorry if it killed your vibe. If you get the album, you'll probably enjoy more of it.

#08. This one has a sad male's vocal that humbles along the song. There's not much really to say, it's basically that. Very tranquil. - 3:03 long.

This is the amazing vocalist James McDermott, and it took awhile which song from his band to put on here. They are all good but I needed to fit the context of the tape. This one was a very dark song, especially in the lyrics.

#09. The drums could be from some Keane song, it has some cool a-bit dissonant guitars, the vocals have some weird cool effect. It goes on like a waltz but very guitar-ish. I really like this one. Would like to know the artist. - 2:49 long.

This is nowhere near being Keane, at least they haven't ever delved into anything so lo-fi. I hold this band's music really highly for being very simple but provocative in their songwriting. This is Car Seat Headrest, and most of the music they do (or so I heard) are produced inside a car, which may be why it sounds raw or layered with reverb. Glad you liked it.

#10. Very driven guitar along a The Beatles+Foster the People drums and vocals. Interestingly ear-pleasurable. Still gives a ghostly sensation. At some point it begins some dissonant antique-sounding strings solo. Very cool. Liked this one. - 3:40 long.

I liked that you liked it. Olivia Tremor Control are like a modern Beatles to me. This song sticks in my head for being so ghostly and pleasant. They are a major acclaim band, but I wish for more people to know them. Thanks for the likes.

#11. I was kind of expecting some song like this one. It's a Rap song. I like some rap but this is not much my kind. Don't know how to describe it. - 3:52 long.

Sorry you didn't like. I guess Cakes da Killa isn't for everybody. But he's like one of the few LGBT rap artists out there who are so fierce and enjoyable. I feel slayed whenever he drops a verse, and he has interesting taste in jazz samples.

#12. Another rap one, much more pleasurable. It has some cool beating and a smooth piano background. THE BASSLINE IS FANTASTIC. I loved this. - 3:48 long.

CyHi has been having good feedback for songs like this one, which are fantastic as you say. Nothing much to say on this.

#13. This song is a cool mix of jazz piano, a nice electronic drum and some synth notes like an echoing spoon beating on a glass of water. Very relaxing. I liked it. - 1:57 long.

I seem to sticking in a lot of the same genre everywhere here, heheh. This is from my favorites of last year because it had hard beats and minimal sampling in the part of vaporwave.

#14. This one starts with a sound like a sitar but then a heavy guitar comes in. It becomes a progressive death metal song. If we remove the guttural screaming in the middle of the song, some cool vocal comes in later. Pleasurable except for the screaming. In the end the ethnic sound comes back. Ends nicely. 3:54 long.

I only ever listened to the HAARP Machine because a friend of mine kept pushing me to listen to them. It is as surprisingly ethnic and beautiful as you say. What make this band great to me though is the lyrics. They are influenced by the Zeitgeist, which is both a concept and a film. Otherwise, I'm glad you stuck through the song.

#15. Some electronic beatings and a muffled voice singing something. If it was rock I would bet The Darkness but it's full synth-pop. There are some weird sounds in the middle of the song, like 90's video game. - 2:51 long.

I wondered whether to put this song because there were other songs I could have replaced it with. But it was sort of less challenging on the ear. Xiu Xiu is not known for being pleasurable, and certainly not right now. If you wanna hear some more experimental synthpop like this, check out his latest album, Angel Guts: Red Classroom

#16. Now this is a good one. Again a heavenly instrumental synth (wonder if it's the same band as the first one). Again not long enough. - 1:39 long.

I chose to put short ambient pieces because I didn't want to make the mixtape sound long and dreary as I thought it was. I just thought of finding transitions rather than whole atmospheric pieces. This is a different band, but they will have what you want in their discography.

#17. You may have let the best for the end. This is a very good piano based song, some vocals like Imogen Heap (not that much), it's a bit sad but I'm glad it was here. Good predecessor for the big finale. - 3:39 long.

Thank God you love it. I always seem to put this band somewhere in my mixtape because the y have a specialty in making the most heartfelt music to ever cross my ears. Copeland have reunited recently and this is one of their new songs of their reunion album. It makes me happy to know they are back after so long.

#18. Unarguably Coldplay's O(Fly On). There could never be a best ending for this. I just flew though a (cool) thrilling travel, experiencing lots of sensations and O is like putting my feet on the ground again. - 5:24 long.

I thought I would close the album at #17 but I thought I would put it for the hey of it.

We normally only listen to genres that interest us and sometimes never think about so many kinds of songs there are over there. Good to listen to the variety of music one can make, brings us the image of how beautiful the differences are, they are what makes us unique. Special. Thank you for this travel. I hope we can share the tracklisting soon.

Thanks for liking the mixtape. I worried that the heavy instrumentation and huge leaps of genre skipping would be a turn off. I wanted to put in less sentimental and more grittiness in my mixtape this time. I hope you enjoy delving into the artists, whether you liked them or not. Toodles.

Track Listing for everyone:

01 hyi - "sniper gazing upon the sun" (from about)

02 Liturgy - "Generation" (from Aesthethica)

03 Colourmusic - "The Dutchess" (from May You Marry Rich)

04 Protomartyr - "Bad Advice" (from Under Color of Official Right)

05 Macintosh Plus - "花の専門店" (from Floral Shoppe)

06 Portal - "The Back Wards" (from Vexovoid)

07 猫 シ Corp. - "Scuba Diving" (from 太陽。慰安。楽園。)

08 The Irrepressibles - "Now That My Lover is Dead" (from Nude: Viscera EP)

09 Car Seat Headrest - "My Boy (Twin Fantasy)" (from Twin Fantasy)

10 The Olivia Tremor Control - "I Have Been Floated" (from Black Foliage: Animation Music Volume One)

11 Cakes Da Killa - "Keep it Coochie" (from The Eulogy)

12 CyHi the Prynce - "Basquiat" (from Black Hystori Project)

13 マクロスMACROSS 82-99 - "月乃 うさぎSERENA" (from Sailorwave)

14 The HAARP Machine - "Esoteric Agenda" (from Disclosure)

15 Xiu Xiu - "Stupid in the Dark" (from Angel Guts: Red Classroom)

16 OH/EX/OH - "No Way Home" (from New Horizon)

17 Copeland - "Ordinary" (from Ixora)

18 Coldplay - "O" (from Ghost Stories)

Link (includes an artwork cover that was not mentioned. The mixtape is called Catherdral): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5rltAKoymR0TXJOZk5IM3FLSW8&usp=sharing

Cover:

1xJcwxjaVdqaU8xevwkFGzMQdCZen6v93-rdoXzNlb-gk8FN_mTRowhzEn5gjgEBOA=w1311-h652

This is my first time too, and it was really awesome :) Sorry if my reviews are kinda bare; I wrote them while also avoid — I mean, working on a paper for school.

1. I didn't like it too much at first, it was a bit too... funky, I guess. As the song went on, however, it grew on me. (the outro is really really nice)

2. From the start, I loved this one. I've heard a few things from this artist before (you forgot to take out all the track info ;)) and I'll definitely have to check out some more of his songs.

3. Matt! I absolutely LOVE this guy! Great taste, mixtape-maker! I really have to listen to this album more; I tend to only really listen to Some Mad Hope.

4. Not bad, but again, kinda funky. I grew accustomed to it as well as #1, but I didn't particularly like it at first. Thinking about it, I don't really know why I dislike funk. I'll have to listen to more of it.

5. Woah, the voice is extremely stereo-y. That threw me off a bit, haha. The strings in the background are phenomenal; I love songs that can work them in smoothly as this one does. I'll definitely have to add this to my iTunes.

6. Right from the start, I love the drumbeat. The layers work together mostly well, but the vocals seem kinda hastily thrown on. The singer's voice reminds me a little bit of the xx, and the song itself has a lot of interesting dissonance.

7. Kinda electronic, but in an ok way. It's a bit pulsing, but I think I can learn to like it quite a bit. The vocals are really nice; I like his voice.

8. This is probably my favorite of the obscure cp songs; I love it and cant help singing along :)

come on, come on, oh what a state I'm innnnn come on, come on, why won't it just sink innn?

9. Oh, I've heard this! I like this one! I didn't recognize it until the chorus, but after that I knew I'd heard it somewhere! That's another one I'll have to add to my iTunes

10. This has a really GS-ish vibe; I like it. The organ (maybe accordion?) part in the background and the percussive effects are really cool. The singer's accent is kinda funny too :) I really liked when the banjo-sounding part and the other voice came in. Again, the outro is really nice. I'm gonna add this to my iTunes too.

11. Haha, another funk song. I'm starting to actually enjoy these :)

12. Is this Brennisteinn? I know it's some form of Sigur Rós; I'd recognize that angelic meowing anywhere, haha. It's a bit more intense than their other albums, so I think it is. I quite enjoyed this one. :)

13. I liked this one from the start. The singer's voice is really nice. I thought that the acoustic-ness was really nice as well, and the gradual layering of instruments was really cool.

14. Woah, this was pretty different. I wasn't expecting this. It's a really electric, house music-y track, with really heavy vocals. I don't like this one too much. :confused:

15. This one is pretty nice. I like the instruments, but for some reason, the singer's voice kinda annoyed me at the beginning, although I eventually got used to it.

16. Wow, this is pretty cool! I'm totally adding it to my iTunes, especially if I can find an instrumental version. What language is it, by the way? I can't place it... It sounds like some kind of southeast asian language, maybe.

17. This one! Wow, this is old! isn't it from when they were still The Starfish? I wonder if there's a full version floating around on the internet somewhere...

18. You sure like this kind of stuff, don't you? :)

19. Oh, this is really nice. I'm gonna add this to my iTunes for sure. I love the stripped-down style and the guy's voice.

20. This is amazing as well, I really really like it! Instrumental songs are almost always good.

21. OH MY GOSH THIS SONG HAHAHA I FORGOT HOW MUCH I USED TO LIKE IT

Hi! I was your mixtape maker :) I am glad to know you enjoyed over half of the songs in there!!! Some are songs that had been waiting for a while to be included in the exchange jaja! I will my comments short, but thank you so much for the great review :)

On with the review!

This is my first mixtape exchange too, and I'm so excited! I hope my partner likes mine But here is my review:

Song 1: I REALLY love the beat....there's a violin (or maybe viola, idk) that goes incredibly well with the guitar. Lots of different noises and different layers of things all happening at once but in a great way! It's an instrumental song, really calm, and a great song to start this mixtape off.

I wanted to start this mixtape with a mellow sound, figured the best way to do was with an instrumental. I enjoy how soothing it is. Most of this band's songs, if not all, follow the same structure. I have not heard their entire discography, but Ocean Songs, acconrding to what I have heard is one of their best albums. This is Moon On The Land, from Dirty Three, from their album Toward the Low Sun.

Song 2: Harmonica with acoustic guitar are two amazing sounds when put together, so I like the beginning a lot. The vocals are lovely, I can't really describe his voice, and there's a woman doing backing vocals during some of the song along with the guy, and it sounds awesome. Kinda reminds me of The Lumineers or Brighten. All in all, it's a more mellow song with good lyrics.

There is two versions to this song, I have not been able to listen to the first one though :( the lyrics are so sad, but I feel that at some points it is very relatable. I enjoy the beats, and specially his voice. This is Margot & The Nuclear So & So's, and the song is Broadripple Is Burning. Quite an amazing band. I am still discovering them myself :) it is from their album Not Animal.

Song 3: Ooooh, I enjoy the instrumental part of this song. Such a slow, chill, sexy beat. I don't know how I feel about the woman's voice...reminds me a little bit of Amy Winehouse or a higher-pitched Banks. The near-ending of the song is enjoyable with the electric guitar, and the beat reminds me a bit of a Kanye song.

Jaja! yup, sexy beat is the way I describe it. I enjoy the lyrics, and I feel like her voice really goes with the rhythm and overall atmosphere of this band. I really enjoy listening to them. They are Portishead, and the song is Glory Box, from the album Dummy, from 1994.

Song 4: The beginning of it gave me some country vibes but once the singing started I knew it wasn't. I love this guy's voice....it's so soothing. The music reminds me of something that would be in a movie score, I really enjoy it! The vocals are probably my favourite part of this song.

Another mellow song, just to start laying the ground to a bit more rocky songs that are coming :) This is Band Of Horses, I recently started listening to them, and really enjoy it. The song is called Factory, from their album Infinite Arms.

Song 5: I love me some acoustic guitar. The vocalist's voice reminds me of a band I used to listen to, I can't really put my finger on it though. Love the woman's voice in the background. This song reminds me somewhat of Mumford and Sons. I enjoy the piano at the end as well as the violin, and whatever the electronic sound is.

I love this song so so much. And this band. I have heard all of their songs, and there is none that I do not like. In the personal, this one (Afraid Of Summer), Cold Feet and Dig are my favourites. The band is Lost Lander, and this song is from their album DRRT.

Song 6: The beginning is SOOOO good, the music is amazing already. Female vocalist, nice voice, bit weird bunch of lyrics. Her voice reminds me a LOT of a female singer named Florrie. This song gives me 60's go-go vibes at some parts. I think I'll be putting this song on my iTunes. Can't stress how much I like the beat. Awesome song!

A song about deciding to break up. Have been wanting to put this song in an exchange for a while, I am not sure if I ever did :) she is Bat For Lashes, and the songs is What's A Girl To Do, from her album Fur & Gold . She actually toured with Coldplay around 2010. Trippy video for it too :)

Song 7: In the beginning I'm getting some Mumford and Sons goes country vibes. This woman's voice sounds like Brienne from Game of Thrones got a singing career, LOL. The lyrics are really nice, and it's nice to see a woman taking the reins of a song with the man in the background for once This is a good song, though. I enjoyed listening to it.

These are actually two guys, lol. I can see why you would think he is a woman though. This is Hudson Taylor, and the song is Battles, from their EP. They have their first album coming out in September!

Song 8: Okay, this definitely sounds like something I'd listen to. The guitar and drums sound like The Vaccines, and the vocals kind of remind me of the lead singer of Motion City Soundtrack. I like his voice, really smooth and I like the way his accent comes out. I'll be putting this song on iTunes as well.

Yes!!! This is another of those bands that I just loved from the beginning, Cut Off Your Hands. Their album, You & I is just amazing. The song is Happy As Can Be. Really like it.

Song 9: The synth in the beginning is awesome! The singer's voice isn't really my cup of tea, though. Makes me think of Juliet Simms from Automatic Loveletter, with an accent. I enjoy the lyrics, but I don't like her voice.

I enjoy how rocky this song is, but yes, I agree on her voice is sort of strange. I really like this band. The are The Sounds, the song is called Ego, from their album Dying To Say This To You.

Song 10: The music reminds me of Best Coast in a way. I absolutely LOVE this vocalist's voice, he sounds a lot like William Beckett of The Academy Is... and I love that band! Really a good choice to put on this mixtape. The lyrics are interesting and have I mentioned how much I love this guy's voice, seriously. He's that good. Love the "ooooh"s in the background. Another great song that I'll be keeping.

The band is just that amazing. This is Peter, Bjorn & John. The song is called Second Chance, it is actually the intro song for the series 2 Broke Girls. Young Folks, The Chills and Nothing To Worry About are another few of my favourites from them. This is from their newest album Gimme Some.

Song 11: Dunno how I feel about this one at first. The beat reminds me of a kids song. Female vocalist, not really what I enjoy, the lyrics are repetitive which I don't really enjoy either. The guy's voice is refreshing. Didn't enjoy this one all too much, my least favourite on the mix so far.

I was hesitant about this one because is a bit poppy, and might not go well with the rest of the songs, but I wanted to share it too :) it is Bruises, from Chairlift, and their album is called Do You Inspire You.

Song 12: This is really tropical, Hawaiian sounding song. Once again, this makes me think of Best Coast. I actually really like the vocals switching between the female and male, they sound incredible together. I think I've heard this playing in the store I work at or something, because it sounds really familiar. I like the guitar at the near-end, gets very rock-ish and I enjoy that.

I listen to this song about two weeks ago, and enjoyed it so damn much. Specially the ending, because it is not really something that you would expect. The band is GIVERS, the song is Up, Up, Up, from their album In Light.

Song 13: The beginning sounds like a xylophone, I could be wrong, but I like how it sounds! The male vocalist's voice makes me distantly think of the lead singer of Swim Deep. The lyrics are great too, I might keep this one. It should be longer though, I really did like his voice.

Ja! I agree, it is a lovely song, and it gives off this old song vibe, but it is about 5 years old only. The band is The Coral, the song is In The Morning, from The Invisible Invasion.

Song 14: I'm getting a circus/carnival vibe from the beginning of the song. Female vocalist, but her voice sounds really good, I like the effect on her voice in this song, can't really describe what it is though.

This is the Ectoplasm Girls, taken from their album TxN. The song is Before It Gets Too Late To Begin. I like how all of the songs I have heard from them have this sort of structure, with a constant beat in the back, and their voices sort of crossfading.

Song 15: Oh this is a very nice intro to the song, reminds me of a Panic at The Disco song a bit. Once again a slower, sexy beat, with violins and synthy noises. I hear a clarinet or some other type of woodwind instrument at one point, I like it. A bit too long for an instrumental song, but a good song nonetheless.

I like how this band basically makes Belly Dancing songs mixed with the synth sounds. This is Beats Antique, the song is Grandstand, from their album Blind Threshold. Pretty nice songs, and all have that electronic Indian sound to it.

Song 16: I have definitely heard this song before. Probably at my work or something, this is the type of music they play. I like the woman's voice. Really jazzy type of song, makes me think of The Great Gatsby. A lovely song to close the mixtape with.

I love this jazzy band! It is Caravan Palace, the song is Jolie Coquine, by far my favourite from them, but all of their songs make me want to go back to the 20's and dance my butt off. This is from the album Panic. I have seen their live videos, and one of my goals is to go to one of their concerts. It is nuts.

This was an awesome mixtape! There were only maybe 4 or 5 songs I didn't enjoy, and whoever this was definitely has some great music taste, I can't wait to see who made it and the track-listing for it. What an amazing journey, a lot of this music I would have probably never found or never bothered to listen to/given a chance if it wasn't for this exchange! I am really grateful to have been introduced to so many new songs today, I'm always looking for more songs to put into my library. We definitely need to do this mixtape exchange again soon, I had so much fun putting mine together

I like to have a sort of transition when making mixtapes, first the mellow songs, going over to the rocky ones, ending with a bit of more electronic, crazy beats ones. I put my favourite songs at the moment, so I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Tracklist

1- Dirty Three – Moon On The Land

2- Margot & The Nuclear So And So’s – Broadripple Is Burning

3- Portishead – Glory Box

4- Band Of Horses – Factory

5- Lost Lander – Afraid Of Summer

6- Bat For Lashes – What’s A Girl To Do?

7- Hudson Taylor – Battles

8- Cut Off Your Hands – Happy As Can Be

9- The Sounds – Ego

10- Peter, Bjorn & John – Second Chance

11- Chairlift – Bruises

12- Givers – Up, Up, Up

13- The Coral – In The Morning

14- Ectoplasm Girls – Before It Gets Too Late To Begin

15- Grandstand – Beats Antique

16- Caravan Palace – Jolie Coquine

Download link

(to whoever made my mixtape, I have not had the chance to listen to it yet, but I will try to post the review tonight :) )

The mix tape I recieved is entitled "Poa".

This is my first listen review.

1.) starts of with static. Very electronic with guitar and a Spanish or Italian voice. Not find of the music in the background. It's very gorillas esque. Chorus bursts out with drums and the voice singing his heart. Never heard this before. The middle 8 or bridge is the highlight. Comes towards the end and then just statics out.

2). Nice Violins at the start with a guitar. Think it's arcade fire very similar anyway. Pounding drums throughout very good. Nice simple guitar riff. I like it. Nice instrumental hear a toy piano in the background. Nice acoustic and electric sound. Very head bobby and Summery. Nice outro just stops with drums.

3. Starts with a trouble esque riff on guitar. Very haunting vocals. Nice guitar riff with a different guitar doing another pattern over it. Chorus nice and melodic. Reminds me of rufous wainwright and Snow patrol combined. Nice drum sound and pattern. Guitar in the bridge sounds like a Parachutes style riff. Nice drums and tambourine to complement the instrumentation and vocals. Drifts back into the original style with an electronic sound over it which fades out. Very good Overall. Nice electronic outro

4. Nice Parisian guitar riff to begin with. Kind of Jazz and Hip hop blended. I LIKE!! Damon Albarn type vocals. Nice beat throughout with good lyrics Catchy hook! Chorus singing the hook. Nice drums with a few fills. Guitar and drums solid throughout. Piano breakdown sounds like "high hopes" by Kodaline with a kickass drum solo back into the original hook. Bit repetitive and long is probably the only fault. Nice guitar towards the end to fade out.

5. Hip hop now. Female vocalist like Lana del ray. Solid beat and hook. Lyrics are about diamonds, New York City and being in love forever. Kind of a breakdown/bridge at 2 minute mark. Nice piano now with the hook. kind of like a James Bond theme with piano,violin and trumpets and a single guitar chord being struck. Very nice overall.

6. Macklemore now for definite. Wing$ I think. Song about basketball nice theme. About his experiences involving his experience. Kids singing a chorus/hook which reminds of "like toy soldiers" by Eminem. Rapping about his shoes. Nice String bridge. I have his album but haven't listened to this song that much. Very nice tune.

7. Starts off with chords like everything's not lost. Singing in a foreign language can't put my finger. It reminds me of Paul McCartney and wings. Nice vocoder effect reminds me of daft punk's new song "the game of love". Nice to listen to a foreign voice for a change.

8. Of Monsters and Men now.... Don't know which song though... It's definitely them. Love their stuff. Nice glockenspiel starts off major to minor. Nice duet taking a line each the female and male through a soft guitar with tranquil piano. Love their stuff anyway! Happy that's on here liking the feel of the tape so far. You are impressing me with your taste mixtape maker. Drifts slowly into a more march feel with a chorus over it. Really nice! :) nice outro

9. Guitar starts off like revving motorbike. Electronic with a U2 guitar riff over it. Singer sounds kind of like bono in a foreign language. Turns into a rock song halfway through :confused: back to normal then. Too long worst track so far doesn't appeal to me.

10. Nice guitar and synths in the beginning. Male singer has a quirky voice but its nice. Nice guitar strumming. Faint tambourine and bass drum. Nice choir and drum pattern sort of like Elvis.

11. Nice piano to start. It's BASTILLE!! I haven't heard this one. Think I have a new favourite Bastille song! :)

12. Nice piano beginning over a speech. Piano sounds like Politik. I think it's something from a movie?? Don't know what though. It's British rap/grime. Not my style but the piano is nice. Lots of f****ng in the lyrics. It sort of tells a story.

13. Starts if with an errie piano with French lyrics and nice guitar effects.

14. Nice bluesy guitar over French. Very haunting and mournful in the expression. Turns into a ballady rock song. With a killer guitar solo and drums like a Queen song.

15. Nice guitar in the beginning with a sad male voice over it. Another foreign voice with a sad guitar riff. Very peaceful and tranquil. It turns out to go into a power ballad with drums and a screechy guitar. Nice closer that sums up the tape.

Thank you to the maker of "Poa" I enjoyed listening to it. Why is it called "Poa"??

I hope my mix tape is enjoyed by my partner :)

First of all I'd like to say it's been a pleasure hosting this exchange, it's my favourite thing about this site and love taking part in them! Secondly, as host it means I knew who would be making my mixtape, which took a little bit of the fun out of it but at least I didn't have the track list so I still got to have some of the mystery that's part of it. :D Anyway here's my review…

Mixtape Review

It's 12 tracks long and overall is so laid back and cool, I said it on Twitter last night that this is going to be my soundtrack for the summer, it's just got that kind of vibe all over it from start to finish.

1. It kicks off with a mid tempo beat and then has a repetitive synth and the girl starts singing with sort of a mid 80s kind of style IMO, it's a great song to have when your dancing around your room or walking around in the sun. Song is about two lovers on the run I think but some of the words that are sung are brilliant, great start to the tape. I have no idea who this is either, then again I only recognised one band/singer throughout the whole mixtape. 8/10

2. This one starts of way more mellow than the opener. Just an electric guitar on it's own, then about 20 seconds in a man with auto-tune starts singing but I have no idea what as I don't know the language. It then picks up just under the two minute mark when the symbols get smashed and a bass heavy tune kicks in, not in a heavy rock kind of way, more like lets dim the lights and sex the place up a bit. the symbols are played smoothly with the bass and the man starts singing over it and for all I know he could be singing about the stock exchange rates but to me, it'd be perfect for having a glass of wine and making out with a girl. Good choice mate, this just got added to the romance playlist on my iPhone. 7.5/10

3. This has a bit of a pink panther feel to it, but the singing starts and I think it's about a one night stand or an affair? Trying not to get caught when leaving maybe? It's sung by a woman but definitely about the man's point of view in the story. Reminds me of Kelis, is it her, cos I know she's got a handful of soul tracks like this in her discography. I like it, love the music to it, like I said, it has the suaveness of a jewel thief but the story of the song doesn't let you lose focus of what she's telling us through song. Very cool track, mixture of being laid-back but regret too. 7/10

4. This makes me think of being in like an abandoned warehouse while being interrogated or something. You can feel the tension in the song as it builds up with single drum beats after she yells "let me go" each time, hard to tell whether she wants to be left alone or regrets being alone. When the beat picks up you can feel she's really starting to drive home her point in this song. Then when the chorus comes back: "I'm nothing without your love, I'm not one for leaving but I'm gonna go leaving" is repeated and slowly building up to something heavier and the guitar starts to build the tension even more so. After a sexy little solo the chorus comes back again but the tension builds up with an echo on the vocals and then you hear all the noise blend together and the tension being released. This song is fucking class. 9/10

5. I love this one, it kicks off with a nice acoustic guitar and few synth like sounds and I can already imagine Halle Berry strutting out of the sea on that beach in the James Bond film, it has that summer like feel to it, it deserves to be heard in the sunshine. The vocals are nice and the chorus is backed up with a choir and it's all constructed pretty well, nice beat, good lyrics and lovely guitar and bass. If anyone downloads this mixtape after the link is revealed, do yourself a favour and get it, if only for this song. 8/10

6. This is one of the coolest tracks I've come across, it makes me want to be on the beach at night in Rio, I recognise the voice which means it's Arcade Fire. I love the (I know it's not a piano so correct me) piano in it, and the way it picks up so lovely towards the middle point with the soft drum beat. Hang on is it a glockenspiel? Anyway it's a delightful track and makes me think of like walking along that walkboard that was in the Ghost Stories film when Chris played Oceans, the fairy lights and night sky, except people are there and just happy to be there, with this playing and just enjoying the moment. That's how I want this song to be imagined by anyone who listens to it. Such a beautiful song. 10/10

7. Track 7 is perfect for me, considering I work in radio, it's great to have a song to talk over, since this is an instrumental full of classy, cool beats, this would work brilliantly. As I said, this mixtape has summer written all over it to me and this one would be like if I were stoned during a sunset when the sky is just absolutely breathtaking and the clouds just drift by as the night slowly takes over. This is perfect to have playing if you're somewhere with a stunning scenery, play it, look around you and soak it up, it'll make the experience so much more memorable. 9/10

8. This is like The Matrix meets Jason Bourne when you think of their main songs from each film. It has a powerful vocalist and you can feel her pain as she sings. The beat is fast but in a sad way if you know what I mean. I'm struggling to describe it more because I won't do it justice. 7/10

9. This has a smooth light intro, quickly joined by a cool drumbeat. The vocalist has a young Bobby Womack kind of voice. On the bridge there's a cool little bit of music on it's own, it's my favourite part of the song each time it comes around. I like it but that's all, it's like I wouldn't skip it but won't be hitting the repeat button though. 6/10

10.Track 10 starts out with a soft and kind of muffled drumbeat, joined by a guitar that plays sort of seductively. The vocalist has a deep voice and singing about wanting someone but purely for sex I think. He wants this girl and he's explaining the things he does for her. It's a very seductive song given its genre. This belongs to the night, it doesn't suit the day, maybe a few drinks and your tipsy this could be more relevant, when you're a little vulnerable, like he is in the song. It's a bit trippy too, in the instrumental part about half way it put me into a trance and you can hear him then becoming a bit more forward, it's a cool but strange song the way it's put together. 8/10

11.Another instrumental track, much more upbeat than the other one, you'd expect to hear it in one of those montage videos festivals make. But I fucking love it, it's just so great and happy. Can't wait till I get back on radio (whenever that'll be, but that's not relevant) to use it while I talk. Seriously though, this is class, like I said about the Arcade Fire track with people just enjoying the moment on a beach at night, this is the one for the day time but in a park full of greenery. Or maybe even for that sunset moment if you want a more active and happy memory. This is a tie with Arcade Fire for my favourite on the mixtape, it's the perfect summer track. I just want to point out that this isn't my style of music at all, you've brought me into a new world of music I've been avoiding, thank you for making me look beyond my ignorance. 10/10

12.This is a brilliant closer, it's like the last day before you go back to school or college at the end of the summer. It's got a nice drumbeat and a few bells thrown in. The lyrics are nice and he sounds a bit faint, reminds me of the band who sang the song for the show Scrubs. It's bringing a whirlwind ride to a nice and pleasurable end. 8/10

Thanks for this, I've taken part in a good few exchanges now and this one definitely goes in to my top 3 I've gotten over the years. I look forward to seeing the track list and also makes me excited for the summer ahead as I know this will be the album I'll have on throughout.

Overall: 9/10

Squibby as you know, i made your tape!

Response to Review

First of all I'd like to say it's been a pleasure hosting this exchange, it's my favourite thing about this site and love taking part in them! Secondly, as host it means I knew who would be making my mixtape, which took a little bit of the fun out of it but at least I didn't have the track list so I still got to have some of the mystery that's part of it. :D Anyway here's my review…

Mixtape Review

It's 12 tracks long and overall is so laid back and cool, I said it on Twitter last night that this is going to be my soundtrack for the summer, it's just got that kind of vibe all over it from start to finish.

1. It kicks off with a mid tempo beat and then has a repetitive synth and the girl starts singing with sort of a mid 80s kind of style IMO, it's a great song to have when your dancing around your room or walking around in the sun. Song is about two lovers on the run I think but some of the words that are sung are brilliant, great start to the tape. I have no idea who this is either, then again I only recognised one band/singer throughout the whole mixtape. 8/10

I wanted to start the mixtape with something "explosive" to give the listener the same feeling you get when you listen to AROBTTH and the first song you get is Politik, and I thought this song was perfect thanks to that mid tempo beat

2. This one starts of way more mellow than the opener. Just an electric guitar on it's own, then about 20 seconds in a man with auto-tune starts singing but I have no idea what as I don't know the language. It then picks up just under the two minute mark when the symbols get smashed and a bass heavy tune kicks in, not in a heavy rock kind of way, more like lets dim the lights and sex the place up a bit. the symbols are played smoothly with the bass and the man starts singing over it and for all I know he could be singing about the stock exchange rates but to me, it'd be perfect for having a glass of wine and making out with a girl. Good choice mate, this just got added to the romance playlist on my iPhone. 7.5/10

Its an Italian band, one of the bests and under-rated, you should check their entire discography, they also have some great intrumental songs you could use in your radio show. I wanted to add an italian song cause I wanted you to feel like I feel when I listen to english songs, not giving importance to the lyrics but thinking at the voice as an instrumentl itself and not a narrator of a story

3. This has a bit of a pink panther feel to it, but the singing starts and I think it's about a one night stand or an affair? Trying not to get caught when leaving maybe? It's sung by a woman but definitely about the man's point of view in the story. Reminds me of Kelis, is it her, cos I know she's got a handful of soul tracks like this in her discography. I like it, love the music to it, like I said, it has the suaveness of a jewel thief but the story of the song doesn't let you lose focus of what she's telling us through song. Very cool track, mixture of being laid-back but regret too. 7/10

I love the bass in this song, its really fun to play and simple and I love how the previous song fade out so naturally with this song, they were meant to be next to each other. And the end is so great, it takes you to a relaxed mood, I wanted you to feel relaxed while listening to the tape

4. This makes me think of being in like an abandoned warehouse while being interrogated or something. You can feel the tension in the song as it builds up with single drum beats after she yells "let me go" each time, hard to tell whether she wants to be left alone or regrets being alone. When the beat picks up you can feel she's really starting to drive home her point in this song. Then when the chorus comes back: "I'm nothing without your love, I'm not one for leaving but I'm gonna go leaving" is repeated and slowly building up to something heavier and the guitar starts to build the tension even more so. After a sexy little solo the chorus comes back again but the tension builds up with an echo on the vocals and then you hear all the noise blend together and the tension being released. This song is fucking class. 9/10

I discovered this song two days before making the tape and it fit perfectly. I love the guitar solo and the tape needed something interesting, out of the ordinary songs you usually listen to. And it was great because it was a perfect bridge between the previous, more relaxed, part of the tape and the second part, uptempo

5. I love this one, it kicks off with a nice acoustic guitar and few synth like sounds and I can already imagine Halle Berry strutting out of the sea on that beach in the James Bond film, it has that summer like feel to it, it deserves to be heard in the sunshine. The vocals are nice and the chorus is backed up with a choir and it's all constructed pretty well, nice beat, good lyrics and lovely guitar and bass. If anyone downloads this mixtape after the link is revealed, do yourself a favour and get it, if only for this song. 8/10

This tape needed at this point something more uptempo or otherwise you'd get tired of it, and this was the perfect choise, is uptempo but at the same time classy, maintaining its high quality of clean production

6. This is one of the coolest tracks I've come across, it makes me want to be on the beach at night in Rio, I recognise the voice which means it's Arcade Fire. I love the (I know it's not a piano so correct me) piano in it, and the way it picks up so lovely towards the middle point with the soft drum beat. Hang on is it a glockenspiel? Anyway it's a delightful track and makes me think of like walking along that walkboard that was in the Ghost Stories film when Chris played Oceans, the fairy lights and night sky, except people are there and just happy to be there, with this playing and just enjoying the moment. That's how I want this song to be imagined by anyone who listens to it. Such a beautiful song. 10/10

Arcade Fire indeed is, this song it was perfect as a bridge between the previous song which was more uptempo and the following one. It his uptempo like the previous one but its really relaxing, it makes you dance slowly, alone, on the beach, like a valzer with your own emotions

7. Track 7 is perfect for me, considering I work in radio, it's great to have a song to talk over, since this is an instrumental full of classy, cool beats, this would work brilliantly. As I said, this mixtape has summer written all over it to me and this one would be like if I were stoned during a sunset when the sky is just absolutely breathtaking and the clouds just drift by as the night slowly takes over. This is perfect to have playing if you're somewhere with a stunning scenery, play it, look around you and soak it up, it'll make the experience so much more memorable. 9/10

Here we go! I love instrumental tracks, I use them while drawing and they are awesome! Every tape needs at least one, and this one especially was meant to be in the middle of the tape, it gives you a break, it tells you "congratulations! You listened to half of the mixtape, go wash your face, drink some water, go to pee and then when you are ready come back for the other half". It puts you on the mood of being ready to listen to some more music

8. This is like The Matrix meets Jason Bourne when you think of their main songs from each film. It has a powerful vocalist and you can feel her pain as she sings. The beat is fast but in a sad way if you know what I mean. I'm struggling to describe it more because I won't do it justice. 7/10

Quite surprised you didn't know this one, it's a massive song. The second half of the tape has "angst" written all over it, and this is a hell of a angsty song

9. This has a smooth light intro, quickly joined by a cool drumbeat. The vocalist has a young Bobby Womack kind of voice. On the bridge there's a cool little bit of music on it's own, it's my favourite part of the song each time it comes around. I like it but that's all, it's like I wouldn't skip it but won't be hitting the repeat button though. 6/10

I needed to keep that dark mood, and this song came up in my mind. The instrumental makes you feel like you're in danger in some way, like the calm before the storm. What's coming next? You feel like you're underpressure while listening to it, and this tape needed some pressure

10.Track 10 starts out with a soft and kind of muffled drumbeat, joined by a guitar that plays sort of seductively. The vocalist has a deep voice and singing about wanting someone but purely for sex I think. He wants this girl and he's explaining the things he does for her. It's a very seductive song given its genre. This belongs to the night, it doesn't suit the day, maybe a few drinks and your tipsy this could be more relevant, when you're a little vulnerable, like he is in the song. It's a bit trippy too, in the instrumental part about half way it put me into a trance and you can hear him then becoming a bit more forward, it's a cool but strange song the way it's put together. 8/10

The tape is getting darker and darker, isn't it? That was my purpose, it feels like this song expresses what you think at night but you want no one to know your thoughts, it's your secret, and you're scared of your own mind

11.Another instrumental track, much more upbeat than the other one, you'd expect to hear it in one of those montage videos festivals make. But I fucking love it, it's just so great and happy. Can't wait till I get back on radio (whenever that'll be, but that's not relevant) to use it while I talk. Seriously though, this is class, like I said about the Arcade Fire track with people just enjoying the moment on a beach at night, this is the one for the day time but in a park full of greenery. Or maybe even for that sunset moment if you want a more active and happy memory. This is a tie with Arcade Fire for my favourite on the mixtape, it's the perfect summer track. I just want to point out that this isn't my style of music at all, you've brought me into a new world of music I've been avoiding, thank you for making me look beyond my ignorance. 10/10

As I said before, instrumentals are great as bridges between songs and this tape needed a change, needed something that would guide you to the final step

12.This is a brilliant closer, it's like the last day before you go back to school or college at the end of the summer. It's got a nice drumbeat and a few bells thrown in. The lyrics are nice and he sounds a bit faint, reminds me of the band who sang the song for the show Scrubs. It's bringing a whirlwind ride to a nice and pleasurable end. 8/10

Aaaaand the end!

The first half of the tape represented daylight, what you feel like when the sun still shines, uptempo and relaxing songs, because that's how you feel in the summer when the sun is shining, i know it sounda lame but that's summer for me.

The first instrumental it's an interlude, it represents sunset, they sun is going away, so is your happy mood

The second half represents night time, when your deepest emotions find a way to your brain and you can't stop that stream of negative thoughts and regret.

But in the end, after the second instrumental, theres the last song, thats the sunrise, the sun is coming again, so is your relaxed mood and your hope for a better world.

Thanks for this, I've taken part in a good few exchanges now and this one definitely goes in to my top 3 I've gotten over the years. I look forward to seeing the track list and also makes me excited for the summer ahead as I know this will be the album I'll have on throughout.

Overall: 9/10

Tracklist

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II

Subsonica - Dentro i miei vuoti

Bonobo - The Keeper

Haim - Let Me Go

Foster The People - Nevermind

Arcade Fire - Brazil

Jon Hopkins - Grace

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy

Glass Animals - Black Mambo

Depeche Mode - I Want It All

Jon Hopkins - 100

The Flaming Lips - Waitin For A Superman

Download link

I am downloading everyone's posted mixtapes so keep them coming.

Tracklist

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II

Bonobo - The Keeper

Haim - Let Me Go

Arcade Fire - Brazil

Jon Hopkins - Grace

Jon Hopkins - 100

Hehe we used the same song in the same position :laugh3:

(Please give mine a try if you can, I'm downloading yours right now :D.)

Squibby as you know, i made your tape!

Response to Review

Tracklist

Arcade Fire - Sprawl II

Bonobo - The Keeper

Haim - Let Me Go

Arcade Fire - Brazil

Jon Hopkins - Grace

Jon Hopkins - 100

Download link

Well I have to say well done, you made a great mix and definitely gave me the kind of mixtape I was hoping for. I was surprised to see that track four was Haim, I kinda didn't like them, just wasn't much of a fan to be honest but that song was great. The Arcade Fire tracks have finally made me go out and get their albums and always knew Jon Hopkins was good based on his work with Coldplay but after hearing those two tracks, especially the latter one have made me decide he's a musical genius! There's so many good things about this mixtape that I'm not going to keep going on but highly recommend everyone to download it!

Thanks again mate, you made a fantastic mixtape! :)

Hi atlas2000, I made your tape, hope you have enjoyed it :D, I've put some comments in green on your review

The mix tape I recieved is entitled "Poa".

This is my first listen review.

First of all, all the songs on the "foreign language" are in portuguese, they are all brazilian songs (I'm brazilian), thought it was interesting to introduce to you some of the bands I like that are from my country.

1.) starts of with static. Very electronic with guitar and a Spanish or Italian voice. Not find of the music in the background. It's very gorillas esque. Chorus bursts out with drums and the voice singing his heart. Never heard this before. The middle 8 or bridge is the highlight. Comes towards the end and then just statics out.

That's Apanhador Só, band from my city, this is from their last album which made they kind of famous on the brazilian indie scene, they even played at Lollapallooza Brasil. I love how weird this song sounds.

2). Nice Violins at the start with a guitar. Think it's arcade fire very similar anyway. Pounding drums throughout very good. Nice simple guitar riff. I like it. Nice instrumental hear a toy piano in the background. Nice acoustic and electric sound. Very head bobby and Summery. Nice outro just stops with drums.

Yes it's Arcade Fire's Keep The Car Running, from Neon Bible, my favourite album by them.

3. Starts with a trouble esque riff on guitar. Very haunting vocals. Nice guitar riff with a different guitar doing another pattern over it. Chorus nice and melodic. Reminds me of rufous wainwright and Snow patrol combined. Nice drum sound and pattern. Guitar in the bridge sounds like a Parachutes style riff. Nice drums and tambourine to complement the instrumentation and vocals. Drifts back into the original style with an electronic sound over it which fades out. Very good Overall. Nice electronic outro

That's Radiohead, I'm not a fan of their latest stuff, but man they were good on the 90s, that's from OK Computer, CHECK THIS ALBUM!!!

4. Nice Parisian guitar riff to begin with. Kind of Jazz and Hip hop blended. I LIKE!! Damon Albarn type vocals. Nice beat throughout with good lyrics Catchy hook! Chorus singing the hook. Nice drums with a few fills. Guitar and drums solid throughout. Piano breakdown sounds like "high hopes" by Kodaline with a kickass drum solo back into the original hook. Bit repetitive and long is probably the only fault. Nice guitar towards the end to fade out.

That's from the new Foster The People album, my favourite track. I love the acoustic guitar in it because it reminds me of some brazilian music, but at the same time there are all those synths going on, great, and I'm glad you like it.

5. Hip hop now. Female vocalist like Lana del ray. Solid beat and hook. Lyrics are about diamonds, New York City and being in love forever. Kind of a breakdown/bridge at 2 minute mark. Nice piano now with the hook. kind of like a James Bond theme with piano,violin and trumpets and a single guitar chord being struck. Very nice overall.

Lana del Rey indeed, I have been really into her album lately.

6. Macklemore now for definite. Wing$ I think. Song about basketball nice theme. About his experiences involving his experience. Kids singing a chorus/hook which reminds of "like toy soldiers" by Eminem. Rapping about his shoes. Nice String bridge. I have his album but haven't listened to this song that much. Very nice tune.

I love the lyrics of this song, didn't think you'd recognize it

7. Starts off with chords like everything's not lost. Singing in a foreign language can't put my finger. It reminds me of Paul McCartney and wings. Nice vocoder effect reminds me of daft punk's new song "the game of love". Nice to listen to a foreign voice for a change.

That's from another brazilian indie band, Vanguart, this song is so cute in so may ways. I love to hear songs on languages I don't know because you can focus so much more on the sound of it, I wanted you to have this feeling too...

8. Of Monsters and Men now.... Don't know which song though... It's definitely them. Love their stuff. Nice glockenspiel starts off major to minor. Nice duet taking a line each the female and male through a soft guitar with tranquil piano. Love their stuff anyway! Happy that's on here liking the feel of the tape so far. You are impressing me with your taste mixtape maker. Drifts slowly into a more march feel with a chorus over it. Really nice! :) nice outro

Yes it's Of Monsters and Men, This was supose to be the end of "side A", feels like an ending song for me.

9. Guitar starts off like revving motorbike. Electronic with a U2 guitar riff over it. Singer sounds kind of like bono in a foreign language. Turns into a rock song halfway through :confused: back to normal then. Too long worst track so far doesn't appeal to me.

It's a track by Skank, the most mainstream brazilian band here, I love the fact they manage to have some really pop songs as radio hits and also those more experimental tracks hidden on their albums, too bad you didn't like it :\

10. Nice guitar and synths in the beginning. Male singer has a quirky voice but its nice. Nice guitar strumming. Faint tambourine and bass drum. Nice choir and drum pattern sort of like Elvis.

That's from Bradon Flowers' solo album, your Elvis comparison actually makes a lot of sense as the album has that Las Vegas feeling to it.

11. Nice piano to start. It's BASTILLE!! I haven't heard this one. Think I have a new favourite Bastille song! :)

Yes it's Bastille! Love them, that's my favourite song on Bad Blood

12. Nice piano beginning over a speech. Piano sounds like Politik. I think it's something from a movie?? Don't know what though. It's British rap/grime. Not my style but the piano is nice. Lots of f****ng in the lyrics. It sort of tells a story.

It kind of is from a film, that's from Plan B's film/soundtrack project iLL Manors, my favourite album in 2012. I love how visceral it sounds, this gives me chills everytime.

13. Starts if with an errie piano with French lyrics and nice guitar effects.

It's Supercombo, another brazilian band, it's portugues :P, really liking this album right now.

14. Nice bluesy guitar over French. Very haunting and mournful in the expression. Turns into a ballady rock song. With a killer guitar solo and drums like a Queen song.

From my favourite album of 2013, really like the Pink Floyd vibe of the solo.

15. Nice guitar in the beginning with a sad male voice over it. Another foreign voice with a sad guitar riff. Very peaceful and tranquil. It turns out to go into a power ballad with drums and a screechy guitar. Nice closer that sums up the tape.

The most succesfull indie/rock band of the last 20 years in Brazil, that's from Los Hermanos last album in 2005, really hope they reunite again for another album

Thank you to the maker of "Poa" I enjoyed listening to it. Why is it called "Poa"??

When I finished it, it really felt to me like it kind of reflected the spirit of my city quite well, so POA is the acronym for Porto Alegre, I don't know, felt like a good name, kind of mysterious.

I hope my mix tape is enjoyed by my partner :)

And here's the tracklist:

00 - Artist - Song (album, year)

01 - Apanhador Só - Mordido (Antes Que Tu Conte Outra, 2013)

02 - Arcade Fire - Keep The Car Running (Neon Bible, 2007)

03 - Radiohead - Let Down (OK Computer, 1997)

04 - Foster The People - Nevermind (Supermodel, 2014)

05 - Lana Del Rey - Diet Mountain Dew (Born To Die, 2012)

06 - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Wing$ (The Heist, 2012)

07 - Vanguart - Pra Onde Eu Devo Ir? (Muito Mais Que O Amor, 2013)

08 - Of Monster And Men - Yellowlight (My Head Is An Animal, 2012)

09 - Skank - Saturação (Estandarte, 2008)

10 - Brandon Flowers - On The Floor (Flamingo, 2010)

11 - Bastille - Daniel In The Den (Bad Blood, 2013)

12 - Plan B feat. John Cooper Clarke - Pity the Plight (iLL Manors, 2012)

13 - Supercombo - Amianto (Amianto, 2014)

14 - Selvagens À Procura de Lei - Mar Fechado (Selvagens À Procura de Lei, 2013)

15 - Los Hermanos - É De Lágrima (4, 2005)

If anyone else wants, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/te37t0h4lricsjt/Poa.zip

TO MY MAKER: Sorry, I've been kind of busy, I'll listen to it closely and post a review as soon as possible

Mixtape: Past = Future

Artwork: two hands, in one is painted “Viva”, another the = symbol (just as Chris used on X&Y era), the image has a shade of blue just like GS cover.

1. French club/electronic song. 7/10 A bit strange at first, has some Mediterranean feel to it, like Stereo Love by Edward Maya but produced by a french DJ. Would definitely go clubbing with this one :)

2. Don't know this one, reminds me of Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers. 7/10 Not my kind of music but the melodies are nice and the chorus is the best part.

3. The only song I know of Cage the Elephant, Come a Little Closer. 8/10 Love the bass line, pretty modern sound, reminds of The Hives and Kaiser Chiefs. Also, the vocalist's voice matches perfectly to their style.

4. At first I thought Radiohead, then realized it wasn't Thom Yorke :p 7/10 Nice acoustic song, love the drum sound but the vocalist's voice in chorus are too squeaky.

5. Interesting rapping/talking sing, reminds me Blur. 6.5/10 Another acoustic song, a bit repetitive rhythm until 2:37 where a trumpet (?) start to play. I just don't get the feel of this one.

6. Acoustic song with a very odd intro 6.5/10. The instrumentals are ok, drums sounds like Imagine Dragons. Don't like the vocals, the higher part is too forced.

7. Moby? 8/10 Very catchy melody of the acoustic guitar and vocals, pretty sure it's Norah Jones on them. Similar to Extreme Ways from Bourne Identity OST only with down tempo, the violins are a great addition to this.

I can see now that from #4 to #7 you made a more acoustic theme and them alternates with electric guitars, nice touch.

8. Really like this one, no idea who might be. 8.5/10 Vocals singing over guitar and drums suggest me they're influenced by Franz Ferdinand. Would enjoy seeing them live.

9. A country pop rock song. 5/10 Sounds like Snow Patrol alternate version born in USA, :lol: . Just can't stand this type of song, sorry.

10. Oh my lovely Elbow :smug: , Friend of Ours. 9/10 Guy's voice is so smooth on this one, it's amazing how the melody grows right at 2:55. The piano bits reminds me of Coldplay :D

11. Kings of Leon? 6.5/10 It's a ok song, begins to get interesting at 1:33 'cos of the battle drums but the lyrics (as far as I understood) are too plain.

12. Some pop thing 7/10. Don't like her voice, it's a ok song but looks like something produced by singing contest shows, kinda one hit wonder. The only interesting part is “trapped inside a heart” on the chorus.

13. Instrumental song. 7.5/10 Progressive 80's/90's synths and drums, shifts to heavy metal and has repetitive riffs but the solo on 3:15 is nice. The best part is at 4:04, turns to something like Iron Maiden, layered guitars and a good bass line. Could be music from videogame.

14. Suspect it's the same band from #8. 8.5/10 Has different styles, the best one is at 1:13-1:42, the guitar riffs are very good and lyrics too. Love it, makes me wanna dance :dance:

15. The structure of this song is similar to Elbow's Fallen Angels. 8/10 Vocals have an interesting tone, kinda like Nick Cave but less creepier, hehel. Creates a nice transition to the next track.

16. Simple but beautiful piano song by Sir Paul McCartney 9/10. He uses a lot of minors chords, which sets the tone to the lyrics and his vocals are perfect. Looks like an old song though.

Overall: 7,5.

This is the first time I participate on this thread, sorry if my reviews are a pretty raw.

Really enjoyed this experience, the expectation to recognizing songs/artists.

So please, maker of this mixtape, gimme the tracklist, I'M CURIOUS.

Artwork:

2mzzlz8.png

Tracklist:

01. Ta Fête - Stromae

02. Closed Hand, Full Of Friends - Foy Vance

03. Come A Little Closer - Cage The Elephant

04. Give Up - Half Moon Run

05. Truth - Alexander

06. Nomads - Joe Banfi

07. Black - Danger Mouse & Danielle Luppi (feat. Norah Jones)

08. Electric - Go Back To The Zoo

09. Agape - Bear's Den

10. Friend Of Ours - Elbow

11. Ghosts - Kensington

12. Trapped Inside A Heart - Miss Montreal

13. Orion - Metallica

14. Stay For A While - Pioneers Town

15. An Eye For An Eye - Editors

16. Scared - Paul McCartney

Running time: 65:21

Download link (songs with all the info):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcnftfwub6ck13f/Past%20%3D%20Future.zip

Comments:

Mixtape: Past = Future

Artwork: two hands, in one is painted “Viva”, another the = symbol (just as Chris used on X&Y era), the image has a shade of blue just like GS cover.

This picture was taken at my first Coldplay concert in 2009, the hands are mine and a friend of mine. I just simple edited the colours so that it's looks a bit like Ghost Stories.

1. French club/electronic song. 7/10 A bit strange at first, has some Mediterranean feel to it, like Stereo Love by Edward Maya but produced by a french DJ. Would definitely go clubbing with this one :)

This song is by the incredibly talented Belgian artist Stromae. My girlfriend is Belgian and she introduced me to his music. I really like the mix of percussion and synths on this one and I figured it would make a good opene

2. Don't know this one, reminds me of Mumford & Sons and The Lumineers. 7/10 Not my kind of music but the melodies are nice and the chorus is the best part.

Closed Hand, Full Of Friends by Irish folk musician Foy Vance. I discovered this man as a support act for Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Continues with the upbeat tempo the first song started.

3. The only song I know of Cage the Elephant, Come a Little Closer. 8/10 Love the bass line, pretty modern sound, reminds of The Hives and Kaiser Chiefs. Also, the vocalist's voice matches perfectly to their style.

I discovered this song randomly on Youtube and I immediately fell in love with it. Another uptempo song.

4. At first I thought Radiohead, then realized it wasn't Thom Yorke :p 7/10 Nice acoustic song, love the drum sound but the vocalist's voice in chorus are too squeaky.

The sound definitely reminded me of Radiohead when I heard this song for the first time. It is however Half Moon Run with Give Up. Got to see them as support act for Mumford and Sons and they blew me away. And indeed as you said, the mixtape is getting a bit more downtempo and acoustic from here on.

5. Interesting rapping/talking sing, reminds me Blur. 6.5/10 Another acoustic song, a bit repetitive rhythm until 2:37 where a trumpet (?) start to play. I just don't get the feel of this one.

I get why you don't like it. You really need to have a feel for this kind of music. The song is Truth by Alexander. Alexander Ebert is also known as frontman of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. This is just such a realxing song for me and it has a nice kind of hippie feel.

6. Acoustic song with a very odd intro 6.5/10. The instrumentals are ok, drums sounds like Imagine Dragons. Don't like the vocals, the higher part is too forced.

Another band I discovered as support act for Edward Sharpe. Joe Banfi with Nomads. It's just a guy with a guitar and I really like the sound of it. I think he might have quit, since I haven't heard anything of him since.

7. Moby? 8/10 Very catchy melody of the acoustic guitar and vocals, pretty sure it's Norah Jones on them. Similar to Extreme Ways from Bourne Identity OST only with down tempo, the violins are a great addition to this.

The song is Black, by Danger Mouse & Danielle Luppi feat. Norah Jones. Not a fan of any of these artists, but I heard this song on an episode of Breaking Bad and I loved it ever since.

I can see now that from #4 to #7 you made a more acoustic theme and them alternates with electric guitars, nice touch. Well spotted ;)

8. Really like this one, no idea who might be. 8.5/10 Vocals singing over guitar and drums suggest me they're influenced by Franz Ferdinand. Would enjoy seeing them live.

Back to electric guitars! Since I'm from The Netherlands I wanted to throw a few Dutch artists in the mixtape. This is the first and they're called Go Back To The Zoo. The song is called Electric and it makes me wanna jump around :D

9. A country pop rock song. 5/10 Sounds like Snow Patrol alternate version born in USA, :lol: . Just can't stand this type of song, sorry.

Pity you don't like this song, I guess you're not that into folk. This is an upcoming band called Bear's Den, with Agape. I actually saw them live yesterday, fucking great. I really really really love the harmonies in this song. :)

10. Oh my lovely Elbow :smug: , Friend of Ours. 9/10 Guy's voice is so smooth on this one, it's amazing how the melody grows right at 2:55. The piano bits reminds me of Coldplay :D

Nothing to add here. Amazing band, amazing song.

11. Kings of Leon? 6.5/10 It's a ok song, begins to get interesting at 1:33 'cos of the battle drums but the lyrics (as far as I understood) are too plain.

The second Dutch band of this mixtape. Kensington, with Ghosts. The song build up nicely and the vocals are great in my opinion.

12. Some pop thing 7/10. Don't like her voice, it's a ok song but looks like something produced by singing contest shows, kinda one hit wonder. The only interesting part is “trapped inside a heart” on the chorus.

No! This is Miss Montreal, a Dutch singer, and she is fucking cool. She was support act on my first Coldplay concert and I really like her. The song is called Trapped Inside A Heart. Never call here a poppy one hit wonder again :angry: But hey, tastes differ ;)

13. Instrumental song. 7.5/10 Progressive 80's/90's synths and drums, shifts to heavy metal and has repetitive riffs but the solo on 3:15 is nice. The best part is at 4:04, turns to something like Iron Maiden, layered guitars and a good bass line. Could be music from videogame.

This is the mighty Metallica, with Orion. To me, this is an 8-minute long eargasm. Awesome bass-playing by Cliff Burton, who died way too young.

14. Suspect it's the same band from #8. 8.5/10 Has different styles, the best one is at 1:13-1:42, the guitar riffs are very good and lyrics too. Love it, makes me wanna dance :dance:

This is actually the band of a friend of mine. They're called Pioneers Town and they're working on their first album at the moment. The song is called Stay For A While. I'm curious if they're gonna make it.

15. The structure of this song is similar to Elbow's Fallen Angels. 8/10 Vocals have an interesting tone, kinda like Nick Cave but less creepier, hehel. Creates a nice transition to the next track.

This song is a B-side by Editors, called An Eye For An Eye. Really like this band, they're great live. This track has some great guitar-work and melodies.

16. Simple but beautiful piano song by Sir Paul McCartney 9/10. He uses a lot of minors chords, which sets the tone to the lyrics and his vocals are perfect. Looks like an old song though.

The song is called Scared, it's a hidden track on his latest album. Beautiful song, simple yet chilling. Perfect for a closer.

Overall: 7,5.

This is the first time I participate on this thread, sorry if my reviews are a pretty raw.

Really enjoyed this experience, the expectation to recognizing songs/artists.

So please, maker of this mixtape, gimme the tracklist, I'M CURIOUS.

Artwork:

2mzzlz8.png

Tracklist:

01. Ta Fête - Stromae

02. Closed Hand, Full Of Friends - Foy Vance

03. Come A Little Closer - Cage The Elephant

04. Give Up - Half Moon Run

05. Truth - Alexander

06. Nomads - Joe Banfi

07. Black - Danger Mouse & Danielle Luppi (feat. Norah Jones)

08. Electric - Go Back To The Zoo

09. Agape - Bear's Den

10. Friend Of Ours - Elbow

11. Ghosts - Kensington

12. Trapped Inside A Heart - Miss Montreal

13. Orion - Metallica

14. Stay For A While - Pioneers Town

15. An Eye For An Eye - Editors

16. Scared - Paul McCartney

Running time: 65:21

Download link (songs with all the info):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcnftfwub6ck13f/Past%20%3D%20Future.zip

Very interesting that u added all those Dutch bands, this kind of thing don't get known here.

Explaining about why I don't fancy folk/country: I kinda enjoy the beginning of songs but some get too repetitive too fast.

My taste is more global, based on things I heard on radio/festivals/concerts (just look at my signature :p ), here's an example: Bat For Lashes was opening act for Coldplay at Latin-American VLV tour, also Coldplay introduced me to Elbow on that charity event years ago (MX era).

But definitely gonna keep an eye on Go Back To The Zoo, Pioneers Town and Editors :)

It's been a while and I've noticed there's not been any reviews for a few days. C'mon people, including myself the rest of us are dying to know what you've thought of the mixtapes made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk