✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

An instant grat a week? Looks like that will happen!

Sparky

With Midnight released today on the 21st April, it has been given as an instant grat track for those who have pre-ordered the album on ITunes and made available to anyone who wants to buy it separately but considering most fans have listened to it many times, they released a remix (a very good one at that!) to go with it and keep it fresh for fans and that has quenched my thirst anyway until the live shows in Germany at the end of the week!

The release of Midnight has really made an impact in the charts, with Midnight charting at #1 on the ITunes live charts in over 53 different countries now. Of course, the sales are front loaded which means it will drop off later in the week but should still be top 10 in many places and even maybe #1 in countries such as Brazil where it has a 90% lead over the #2 track. An awful lot of downloads were from the Ghost Stories pre-orders and gives you an idea of how many people have pre-ordered it! It has a lot more pre-orders than than Mylo Xyloto (remember when Paradise was released originally).

Some official chart companies such as in the UK may prevent instant grat tracks charting when more than one is released from each album, this is not confirmed but suggested by users on popular chart forums and when Paradise was released in 2011, they had a rule which prevented any instant grats from charting!

Now, it looks very apparent this will be the tactic they will doing : An instant grat will be released every week in the following order....

21st April- Midnight

28th April - Another's Arms

5th May - A Sky Full of Stars

ASFOS will be the 2nd single to launch the album with, Another's Arms will be the supporting promo track like Midnight.

Why will this happen? Because its a very good and effective tactic for the record label to use and its taken us all by surprise at how well Midnight has done and how many pre-orders there actually are.

The next two Mondays could have an even bigger effect on the chart, Another's Arms will have an even bigger effect than Midnight as its a unheard song (the studio version anyway), pre-orders will increase a lot and this has the ultimate domino knock on effect for ASFOS which every Man, Woman and their dog will be downloading probably! Add grat tracks from pre-orders and BOOM! worldwide smash already.

Very clever tactic, eh ;)

Your logic may be spot on! It makes sense if you look the way they are doing things to promote the album, like the promo world tour, midnight release with the Giorgio remix, several tv appearances and etc. I could add to our Coldplay's calendar the Ghost Stories NBC Special.

So it could be something like this:

21st April- Midnight

12th May - NBC Ghost Stories TV Special

19th May - Ghost Stories Album Release

Your logic may be spot on! It makes sense if you look the way they are doing things to promote the album, like the promo world tour, midnight release with the Giorgio remix, several tv appearances and etc. I could add to our Coldplay's calendar the Ghost Stories NBC Special.

So it could be something like this:

21st April- Midnight

12th May - NBC Ghost Stories TV Special

19th May - Ghost Stories Album Release

is may 12th confirmed for the special

No it isnt. People are taking liberties and guessing at dates because they "make sense" or "it's logical". Making sense does not equate to something being confirmed or being true at all despite what anyone suggests. But this is how rumours start and how they eventually become misrepresented as fact.

Of those dates the user posted, only the album release is confirmed and ASFOS was rumoured via a leak. AA and the NBC special is just grasping at straws.

understood, I was really pumped for a minute.

Yeah, it sucks because I get pumped too. Then you actually do some fact checking or ask where they get their info and they say they came to that conclusion only because "it's logical"....

The only confirmed events are conveniently in the forum calendar

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/calendar.php?month=4&year=2014&c=1

Yeah, it sucks because I get pumped too. Then you actually do some fact checking or ask where they get their info and they say they came to that conclusion only because "it's logical"....

I agree completely but I think the instant grat could be correct because the tracks mentioned have time listings on itunes.

what do you think?

I agree completely but I think the instant grat could be correct because the tracks mentioned have time listings on itunes.

what do you think?

I see that those tracks are special (since the have track lengths next to them), but I just don't know where they get the dates from.

No it isnt. People are taking liberties and guessing at dates because they "make sense" or "it's logical". Making sense does not equate to something being confirmed or being true at all despite what anyone suggests. But this is how rumours start and how they eventually become misrepresented as fact.

Of those dates the user posted, only the album release is confirmed and ASFOS was rumoured via a leak. AA and the NBC special is just grasping at straws.

Yes! It is just part of being a fan I guess :dozey:. If people want to take something as a fact they should wait until the official announcement on their official website page ;) It is simple as that!

Yes! It is just part of being a fan I guess :dozey:. If people want to take something as a fact they should wait until the official announcement on their official website page ;) It is simple as that!

I'm more of a reader of the news than a producer of it. So when I read that something is gonna be released on date X and I look into it and it turns out to be a dud, then its a major buzzkill. I guess you're right though, apparently a lot of fans like to speculate and guess. Iunno, its not for me, seems like its a setup for disappointment more often than not lol.

This is speculation, make what you will of it, nothing is confirmed until its released. Spotting patterns and clues are fun for a lot of us :)

Just had confirmation that Midnight will be ineligible for charting in the UK at least as its a 2nd grat single and at the moment the Official Chart Company rules state only 1 grat track can count for each album which means any further grat singles won't be charting here. Now I assume A Sky Full of Stars will be a grat single, seeing what they did with Magic and Midnight, I can't really see it working any other way but to be fair most of the fun comes from seeing them dominate the ITunes charts across the world :D

I'm more of a reader of the news than a producer of it. So when I read that something is gonna be released on date X and I look into it and it turns out to be a dud, then its a major buzzkill. I guess you're right though, apparently a lot of fans like to speculate and guess. Iunno, its not for me, seems like its a setup for disappointment more often than not lol.

Hahahahah I completely understand you. It's my excited levels of anticipation going out of control :shocked2::laugh3:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it appears that this didn't happen, unfortunately. That sucks, I was looking forward to another track.

At least we've got ASFOS now as the next single. And it'll be up on iTunes Sat, May 3rd, the same day they will play it on SNL.

It's gonna destroy the charts.