✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories Unreleased Tracks

ghoststory

Hey guys, so recently i watched the sky arts interview about the TV special that just aired and I noticed that they showed a track list that included songs we haven't heard. They showed a behind the scenes video from back in 2013 and Chris had written out the track list at the time for ghost stories and it included "atlas" as well as two songs we don't know about called "the race" and "world without you" (which looks like it used to be called "tomorrow") Just found this interesting, and also wondered if we will ever hear them!

It did turn into christmas lights however wedding bells would have fit perfectly in this album. Its different enough from xmas lights to be its own song. We should ask oracle to tell coldplay to bring it back xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also curious as to how Wedding Bells turned into Christmas Lights?

In the 60 Minutes interview special thing, Chris says he wrote Christmas Lights (at least an early version) like the day before.

In that same interview he plays a guitar version of Wedding Bells, showing that the two were very separate songs.

• Like 1

Yeah there are some elements of that Wedding Bells demo that ended up being used in Christmas Lights. Can't think of specific ones though off the top of my head :( haha. I felt that Wedding Bells became U.F.O. though in all honesty? Very similar chords progressions...

Yeah there are some elements of that Wedding Bells demo that ended up being used in Christmas Lights. Can't think of specific ones though off the top of my head :( haha. I felt that Wedding Bells became U.F.O. though in all honesty? Very similar chords progressions...

Yeah, this video I'm assuming: [video=youtube;oJB3t8O3wiY]

[video=youtube;FBuQDijUme4]

If you listen to this version, the piano riff at the beginning = Christmas Lights. The chord progressions are similar. The line "I always loved you and I always will" gets used in both songs. The "ooohhhh" at about 2:20 has the same melody. I think the Oracle may have answered a question about this issue at some point. That said, I agree that Wedding Bells would've been a great song on GS. It has nice lyrics (the "stay still" line is a lot like AIMH) if not better lyrics than a lot of GS.

Indeed, Tomorrow had been mentioned from the MX days. Who knows what that might be....roll on LP7 amirite?!

Hey guys, so recently i watched the sky arts interview about the TV special that just aired and I noticed that they showed a track list that included songs we haven't heard. They showed a behind the scenes video from back in 2013 and Chris had written out the track list at the time for ghost stories and it included "atlas" as well as two songs we don't know about called "the race" and "world without you" (which looks like it used to be called "tomorrow") Just found this interesting, and also wondered if we will ever hear them!

I watched the interview and I copied down the track listing.

1. O (Part 2)

2. The Race (Unreleased?)

3. Another’s Arms

4. Atlas

5. True Love

6. Ghost Stories

7. Oceans

8. Tomorrow (World Without You) (Unreleased?)

9. Fly On

I hope we get to hear them too.

Does anybody remember that song from MX era that Chris was playing in the piano during a rehearsal at Ellen and she sneaked behind the piano and scared him?

Well, I think that might be Tomorrow.

EDIT: [video=youtube_share;zkwdmK80RYs]

I watched the interview and I copied down the track listing.

1. O (Part 2)

2. The Race (Unreleased?)

3. Another’s Arms

4. Atlas

5. True Love

6. Ghost Stories

7. Oceans

8. Tomorrow (World Without You) (Unreleased?)

9. Fly On

I hope we get to hear them too.

Hopefully the possible EP Chris hinted at on Zane Lowe will have these tracks along with Ghost Story, O pt2 and All Your Friends.

Don't forget the "poison in my blood" line as well. Its pretty normal for songwriters to swap lyrics around while they're working on more than one song. I've also written songs that end up becoming organ donors for later ideas... R.I.P. Wedding Bells:(

Guest kmm1482
Don't forget the "poison in my blood" line as well. Its pretty normal for songwriters to swap lyrics around while they're working on more than one song. I've also written songs that end up becoming organ donors for later ideas... R.I.P. Wedding Bells:(

Example: ladder to the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk