✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are your Favorite musician bands or artists After Coldplay?

Farzam

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Florence + The Machine

U2

Pink Floyd

Enigma

Dire Straits

The Cinematic Orchestra

Of Monsters And Men

Björk

Muse

Radiohead

James

Bee Gees

Era

And then, a few film soundtrack composers:

Harald Kloser

Mica Levi

Tomandandy

Charlie Clouser

Hans Zimmer

Howard Shore

John Williams

Alexandre Desplat

Philip Glass

PS: these are all way below Coldplay.

[emoji6]

If you like film track composers, have you checked out Karel Svoboda ? He was a brilliant composer. Also, have you checked out Ennio Morricone ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was like "what kind of band has a song name that long to have to put into that many initials..." And had no idea what it was till I read the other post you replied to :laugh4:

Haha, yeah their name is really long, but I love them for it; they're such a solid band! Here's one of their songs

Haha I love their name! :D

It reminds me of I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It (The 1975 album) just because it's so long lol:D

And really like that song!

Guest diogo_sg
If you like film track composers, have you checked out Karel Svoboda ? He was a brilliant composer. Also, have you checked out Ennio Morricone ?

I don't know the first person, but I know and like Morricone's work very much. Thanks for the advice, I'll check Svoboda soon [emoji6]

I don't know the first person, but I know and like Morricone's work very much. Thanks for the advice, I'll check Svoboda soon [emoji6]

Here are two famous pieces by Karel Svoboda:

(sorry for plugging my own channel with this one; my favorite soundtrack of all time :P)

(I think @Nie however has a traumatic memory from a certain flute part of that soundtrack :D)

Oh wow, I actually thought I did this. Well, here are mine:

MOST FAVORITE (in no particular order):

* M83

* Florence + The Machine

* PVRIS

* CHVRCHES

* Of Monsters and Men

* Aquilo

* Madeon

* Porter Robinson

* Beach House

* Bastille

* Foster the People

* Onerepublic

* Stephen

* Young the Giant

* The 1975

* Chairlift

* twenty one pilots

Other artists I listen to

* Panic! At the Disco

* Bishop Briggs

* U2

* Frank Sinatra

* Supertramp

* Green Day

* Imagine Dragons

* Years & Years

* Wolf Alice

* Green Day

Artists I plan on getting into:

* Pink Floyd

* David Bowie

* Radiohead

* Muse

* Red Hot Chili Peppers

^ You can see that I dont listen to a lot of "oldie" bands, but would like to get into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(sorry for plugging my own channel with this one; my favorite soundtrack of all time :P)

(I think @Nie however has a traumatic memory from a certain flute part of that soundtrack :D)

I saw the picture of the video and immediately thought hey I know that one. The flute has been banished from my mind and I'm trying to keep it that way. [emoji1]

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Thanks! [emoji4]

• 1 year later...
Alright, it's been a while since I've been on here. Gonna update my list and revive the thread all at once. Here's the artists (not including Coldplay ofc :p) that I currently for sure like, in no particular order.:

• Radiohead
  • The Fray
  • Adele
  • DIIV
  • Hedley (super popular in Canada, virtually unknown everywhere else, that's why you've never heard of them most likely)
  • Jon Hopkins
  • Seaside (search up "Seaside - Today" on YouTube, that's how I came to discover this unique and virtually unknown artist!)
  • U2

Here's the artists I think I'll get at least a fair bit of content from in the future, based off of a few songs I already have from them, or just since I do think I might like their style of music based on comparisons with artists I already like but actually either haven't checked them out or don't have anything from them yet:

• 3 Doors Down
  • A Great Big World
  • A Silent Film
  • Alice in Chains
  • Aphex Twin
  • Avicii (not including True Believer :D)
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Blink-182
  • Brian Eno
  • Bruno Mars
  • Cat Power
  • Celine Dion
  • Clean Bandit
  • Counting Crows
  • Creed
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Eleven Past One
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Eric Clapton
  • Evanescence
  • Faith Hill
  • Faultline
  • Finger Eleven
  • Five For Fighting
  • Foo Fighters
  • Green Day
  • Greg Haines
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Hinder
  • Jane's Addiction
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Katy Perry
  • Kelly Clarkson
  • Kings of Leon
  • Linkin Park
  • Live
  • M83
  • Marconi Union
  • Matchbox 20
  • Michelle Branch (my parents tell me when I was young I was so obsessed with her they could move me all around and I would just stay frozen :D)
  • Natalie Merchant
  • Nickelback
  • Nirvana
  • Oasis
  • Our Lady Peace
  • P!nk
  • Paramore
  • Pearl Jam
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Rihanna
  • Sia
  • Simple Plan
  • Staind
  • Stone Temple Pilots
  • Taylor Swift (Mainly Her Older Stuff!!!!! :D)
  • The Killers
  • The Offspring
  • The Script
  • The Smashing Pumpkins
  • Tove Lo
  • Train (I've listened to Drops Of Jupiter once, the album, DOJ was still a standout to me, the others were good but DOJ blew them all away.)
  • Tyler Shaw
  • Vanessa Carlton
  • Yiruma

Yeah, quite a massive list I've gotta go through I know! I wonder how many of them I'll actually fully get to check out... and this isn't all, there's a few other possible candidates that I've either forgotten about now or I think has a less probability of me liking all their stuff. I had to go through my full playlist to find all of these. Now I know when I want to know what artists to check out next I just gotta check this thread :D

...if it weren't for Lithum on SXM I probably wouldn't know a quarter of these. :p

Count in dream theater here, probably the best heavy band out there. If you like very long complex epi music that's heavy with not a lot of screaming these guys are for you

Woa bringing this thread back to life!

Well here's my list, I tried to put them in order (but preferences change now and then, depending on mood etc.) so currently:

Coldplay

The Killers

Noel Gallagher

U2

Muse

Nothing But Thieves

White Lies

Kodaline

Editors

OneRepublic

Foals

Liam Gallagher

Snow Patrol

Depeche Mode

Morning Parade (they don't exist anymore....)

Arctic Monkeys

Bastille

Kings of Leon

Imagine Dragons

Two Door Cinema Club

Mumford and Sons

Dua Lipa

The Chainsmokers (yes it's true, I'm seeing them live in 2018 lol)

Hurts

Thomas Azier (Dutch --> Worth a listen!)

Oscar and the Wolf (Belgian, same story)

Bazart (Belgian, same story)

J. Bernardt (same as above)

Netsky

A-ha

Simply Red

Rationale

Seafret

Sohn

The Kooks

The Script

The Chainsmokers (yes it's true, I'm seeing them live in 2018 lol)

Imo they're fairly underrated. Almost everyone seems to despise their new album and as bland and generic as it is I don't see how anyone could think that acts like Future, 21 Savage, DJ Khaled or Nicki Minaj are any better than them. The acts I listed have music with no melodic variation for the most part, heavy autotune, and no emotion or soul. At least the Chainsmokers are melodic, energetic, emotional, fun, and know how to produce music that actually sounds right and normal and not fake or cheap like the acts I listed and any other similar acts.

I'd consider yourself lucky. I'd definitely go see the Chainsmokers live. I don't see why more people don't like their new album than they do... Terribly low score on Metacritic when there's hundreds and possibly thousands out there that deserve a lower rating.

No, the Chainsmokers aren't perfect,, and their music can sound bland, generic, cheesy, sappy, low-effort, cheap, and trite at times, but they're far better than some we all know, and most mainstream artists aren't perfect anyway, including Coldplay.