✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are your Favorite musician bands or artists After Coldplay?

Farzam

Musical tastes story ahead! :D

In no particular order yet!:

• U2
  • Radiohead
  • Nirvana
  • The Fray
  • A Silent Film (this needs to be further recognized XD)
  • Metallica
  • Linkin Park
  • Green Day
  • Paramore
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Rihanna (not as good as the ones above me, but perhaps my fav all-pop artist, so I'll give her a mention)

These artists i think I'll like but have only heard a couple from:

• Train
  • Jon Hopkins
  • Kings of Leon
  • 3 Doors Down
  • Oasis
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Queen
  • Blink-182
  • Foo Fighters

Also, my musical tastes have changed radically in the past half a year. Around April, when I was starting to really really get into music (at this point I was still just Viva la Vida fan... not really, since I didn't pay that much attention to it and didn't come back to it until around mid July :P) you'd have found me really loving poppier songs for some reason. Didn't pay too much attention to rock, however subconsciously I knew hte mainstream was turning into trash, although I was trying to embrace it. However I was still into the poppier scene like that, aminly paying attention to Say Something (:heart:), Unconditionally, Still Into You, Try and the like, Which were some of the first songs I got. As I got more and more and when I really really got into Coldplay's discography I started to pay a lot more attention to rockier music, and my pop taste wsa fading. I started to agree with the others on here and really bring it to the front of my mind that the mainstream right now is full of pop that's done completely wrong (I still like pop to an extent). I started listening to my most-loved rock artists I liked back in the day before 2009's pop rock scene showed up (then I started to get into that and forget about rock, then I got into pop a lot after that I admit).

If you're wondering about Jon Hopkins, I didn't even know ambient was a genre until a few monthjs ago when I saw this ambient mix. Absolutely loved it, listened to some more and decided that ambient was one of my favorite genres along with pop rock, and alt rock. I bet I'll never come along an ambient track that I don't like. The genre's just so interesting, experimental, and soooooooooooo much better than the mainstream of today. You should really check it out if you haven't, it's electronic's done just right. :)

Hopefully you now know where my musical tastes Come from :D

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musical tastes story ahead! :D

In no particular order yet!:

• U2
  • Radiohead
  • Nirvana
  • The Fray
  • A Silent Film (this needs to be further recognized XD)
  • Metallica
  • Linkin Park
  • Green Day
  • Paramore
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Rihanna (not as good as the ones above me, but perhaps my fav all-pop artist, so I'll give her a mention)

These artists i think I'll like but have only heard a couple from:

• Train
  • Jon Hopkins
  • Kings of Leon
  • 3 Doors Down
  • Oasis
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Queen
  • Blink-182
  • Foo Fighters

Also, my musical tastes have changed radically in the past half a year. Around April, when I was starting to really really get into music (at this point I was still just Viva la Vida fan... not really, since I didn't pay that much attention to it and didn't come back to it until around mid July :P) you'd have found me really loving poppier songs for some reason. Didn't pay too much attention to rock, however subconsciously I knew hte mainstream was turning into trash, although I was trying to embrace it. However I was still into the poppier scene like that, aminly paying attention to Say Something (:heart:), Unconditionally, Still Into You, Try and the like, Which were some of the first songs I got. As I got more and more and when I really really got into Coldplay's discography I started to pay a lot more attention to rockier music, and my pop taste wsa fading. I started to agree with the others on here and really bring it to the front of my mind that the mainstream right now is full of pop that's done completely wrong (I still like pop to an extent). I started listening to my most-loved rock artists I liked back in the day before 2009's pop rock scene showed up (then I started to get into that and forget about rock, then I got into pop a lot after that I admit).

If you're wondering about Jon Hopkins, I didn't even know ambient was a genre until a few monthjs ago when I saw this ambient mix. Absolutely loved it, listened to some more and decided that ambient was one of my favorite genres along with pop rock, and alt rock. I bet I'll never come along an ambient track that I don't like. The genre's just so interesting, experimental, and much better than the mainstream of today. You should really check it out if you haven't, it's electronic's done just right. :)

Hopefully you now know where my musical tastes Come from :D

You like Coldplay, Radiohead, U2, Nirvana and Green Day?

You're exactly like me with you music taste. You have an incredible music taste, I'll go check out A Silent Film's work now;)

And if you like Jon Hopkins, check out Opalescent and Immunity. They are both stunning pieces of electronic ambient music. As for Oasis, you'll love em. Noel <3

And Queen are legends so I'd advise you watch that incredible set at Live Aid (and U2's;))

And we can all agree that Radiohead and U2 are awesome, they're my two favourite bands behind Coldplay (Radiohead is actually joint 1st)

Post of the thread.

PS: Love Ambience? One word: Treefingers.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Florence + The Machine

U2

Pink Floyd

Enigma

Dire Straits

The Cinematic Orchestra

Of Monsters And Men

Björk

Muse

Radiohead

James

Bee Gees

Era

And then, a few film soundtrack composers:

Harald Kloser

Mica Levi

Tomandandy

Charlie Clouser

Hans Zimmer

Howard Shore

John Williams

Alexandre Desplat

Philip Glass

PS: these are all way below Coldplay.

[emoji6]

My top 3 artists have been the same for the past 12 or 13 years. My music taste got mostly shaped when I was about 16/17 and I still like the things I discovered back then.

(Number 1 is Coldplay, but you knew that, right?)

No 2: U2 - epic legends with such a varied back catalogue

No 3: Duke Special - a Northern Irish singer/songwriter that looks a little frightening with long dreadlocks, eyeliner and hobo chic outfits, but really makes wonderful piano-based music with a romantic style and his warm, distinctly accented voice. He's very much inspired by vaudeville and theatrical productions. His recent album has a more electronic influence, though. He's really not well known, but I can only recommend to check him out.

No 3: Duke Special - a Northern Irish singer/songwriter that looks a little frightening with long dreadlocks, eyeliner and hobo chic outfits, but really makes wonderful piano-based music with a romantic style and his warm, distinctly accented voice. He's very much inspired by vaudeville and theatrical productions.

You mean like Tim Minchin but less twisted / wickedly delicious? :D

You like Coldplay, Radiohead, U2, Nirvana and Green Day?

You're exactly like me with you music taste. You have an incredible music taste, I'll go check out A Silent Film's work now;)

And if you like Jon Hopkins, check out Opalescent and Immunity. They are both stunning pieces of electronic ambient music. As for Oasis, you'll love em. Noel <3

And Queen are legends so I'd advise you watch that incredible set at Live Aid (and U2's;))

And we can all agree that Radiohead and U2 are awesome, they're my two favourite bands behind Coldplay (Radiohead is actually joint 1st)

Post of the thread.

PS: Love Ambience? One word: Treefingers.

I've checked out Opalescent and it's such an electronic masterpiece! Jon Hopkins knows his stuff. I'll check out Immunity now :)

I'll definetely check out Treefingers, sounds interesting :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So cool to see different fans of different bands all coming to Coldplay. Really shows their appeal. I have adored for a long while, too many to name:

Radiohead

The Avett Brothers

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Modest Mouse

James Blake

Beyonce

Kanye

Kendrick

Wu Tang Clan (and spinoffs)

Bruce Springsteen

Deafheaven

Anything modern emo/post-rock

MCR

Titus Andronicus

Blind Pilot

Death Cab

The Cure

Jon Hopkins

Sigur Ros

Arcade Fire

Bon Iver

Fleet Foxes

So cool to see different fans of different bands all coming to Coldplay. Really shows their appeal. I have adored for a long while, too many to name:

Radiohead

The Avett Brothers

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Modest Mouse

James Blake

Beyonce

Kanye

Kendrick

Wu Tang Clan (and spinoffs)

Bruce Springsteen

Deafheaven

Anything modern emo/post-rock

MCR

Titus Andronicus

Blind Pilot

Death Cab

The Cure

Jon Hopkins

Sigur Ros

Arcade Fire

Bon Iver

Fleet Foxes

I adore the music of Radiohead, Jon Hopkins, Death Cab For Cutie and the Chili's. As well as that, I like a portion of modern emo as well.

• Like 1

Here's my full list of bands/artists I like, roughly ordered by how much I like them:

Maroon 5

A Rocket To The Moon

Artist vs Poet

Imagine Dragons

The 1975

Nickelback

Daughtry

Parachute

Snow Patrol

Simple Plan

OneRepublic

Smallpools

Paradise Fears

Walk The Moon

3 Doors Down

Kodaline

Neon Trees

The Script

Train

My Favorite Highway

The Goo Goo Dolls

Destine

Youngblood Hawke

EDIT:

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Twenty One Pilots

Bastille

Best Coast

Cymbals Eat Guitars

Kodaline

The Academic

Thirty Seconds To Mars

The Killers

Rozzi Crane

Bruno Mars

Taylor Swift

Beyonce

Avril Lavigne

Mat Kearney

(I mostly listen to bands though)

lol, it's quite a lot[emoji16]

• 3 months later...

Alright, it's been a while since I've been on here. Gonna update my list and revive the thread all at once. Here's the artists (not including Coldplay ofc :P) that I currently for sure like, in no particular order.:

• Radiohead
  • The Fray
  • Adele
  • DIIV
  • Hedley (super popular in Canada, virtually unknown everywhere else, that's why you've never heard of them most likely)
  • Jon Hopkins
  • Seaside (search up "Seaside - Today" on YouTube, that's how I came to discover this unique and virtually unknown artist!)
  • U2

Here's the artists I think I'll get at least a fair bit of content from in the future, based off of a few songs I already have from them, or just since I do think I might like their style of music based on comparisons with artists I already like but actually either haven't checked them out or don't have anything from them yet:

• 3 Doors Down
  • A Great Big World
  • A Silent Film
  • Alice in Chains
  • Aphex Twin
  • Avicii (not including True Believer :D)
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Blink-182
  • Brian Eno
  • Bruno Mars
  • Cat Power
  • Celine Dion
  • Clean Bandit
  • Counting Crows
  • Creed
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Eleven Past One
  • Ellie Goulding
  • Eric Clapton
  • Evanescence
  • Faith Hill
  • Faultline
  • Finger Eleven
  • Five For Fighting
  • Foo Fighters
  • Green Day
  • Greg Haines
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Hinder
  • Jane's Addiction
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Katy Perry
  • Kelly Clarkson
  • Kings of Leon
  • Linkin Park
  • Live
  • M83
  • Marconi Union
  • Matchbox 20
  • Michelle Branch (my parents tell me when I was young I was so obsessed with her they could move me all around and I would just stay frozen :D)
  • Natalie Merchant
  • Nickelback
  • Nirvana
  • Oasis
  • Our Lady Peace
  • P!nk
  • Paramore
  • Pearl Jam
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Rihanna
  • Sia
  • Simple Plan
  • Staind
  • Stone Temple Pilots
  • Taylor Swift (Mainly Her Older Stuff!!!!! :D)
  • The Killers
  • The Offspring
  • The Script
  • The Smashing Pumpkins
  • Tove Lo
  • Train (I've listened to Drops Of Jupiter once, the album, DOJ was still a standout to me, the others were good but DOJ blew them all away.)
  • Tyler Shaw
  • Vanessa Carlton
  • Yiruma

Yeah, quite a massive list I've gotta go through I know! I wonder how many of them I'll actually fully get to check out... and this isn't all, there's a few other possible candidates that I've either forgotten about now or I think has a less probability of me liking all their stuff. I had to go through my full playlist to find all of these. Now I know when I want to know what artists to check out next I just gotta check this thread :D

...if it weren't for Lithum on SXM I probably wouldn't know a quarter of these. :P

Rammstein

Marilyn manson

Slipknot

Metallica

AC/DC

S. O. A. D

Green day

Blink 182

Sum41

[emoji1][emoji1] Hahahaha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Coldplaying mobile app

I'm surprised you actually like Coldplay with the heaviness of some of the bands you mentioned.

Great to see people with different musical tastes here though! :)

EDIT: I'm not saying I don't like those band's music. I do like some of their songs! Just that most fans of those tend to think of Coldplay as whiny and lame, so I'm surprised you don't fall into that ignorant category of fans, so in fact I'm actually complimenting you! :)

• Like 1

I'm surprised you actually like Coldplay with the heaviness of some of the bands you mentioned.

Great to see people with different musical tastes here though! :)

EDIT: I'm not saying I don't like those band's music. I do like some of their songs! Just that most fans of those tend to think of Coldplay as whiny and lame, so I'm surprised you don't fall into that ignorant category of fans, so in fact I'm actually complimenting you! :)

Coldplay gives me feelings that i've never felt... I listen Coldplay every day for hours and hours...I love Coldplay for many years.And I would not change it for any band that i mentioned earlier... :) Coldplay is another world for me!! [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

• Like 1

Coldplay gives me feelings that i've never felt... I listen Coldplay every day for hours and hours...I love Coldplay for many years.And I would not change it for any band that i mentioned earlier... :) Coldplay is another world for me!! [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Im glad same for me! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
My music taste has changed a lot in the past few months. Aside from Coldplay, I'd say my favorites are:

Death Cab for Cutie

The Postal Service

The Fray

Explosions in the Sky

American Football

The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die

This Town Needs Guns

Fleet Foxes

Bon Iver

Hah, I love rediscovering old stuff like this (it's my first time back here in a while). I think now my list looks something like this:

Death Cab

TWIABPAIANLATD

Joyce Manor

Sorority Noise

Modern Baseball

Glocca Morra

Flatsound

Shakey Graves

though I still am fond of all the other ones listed up there

• 3 weeks later...
At first I was like "what kind of band has a song name that long to have to put into that many initials..." And had no idea what it was till I read the other post you replied to :laugh4:

Haha, yeah their name is really long, but I love them for it; they're such a solid band! Here's one of their songs