✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay & Swearing

Doolittle2008

I've noticed that Coldplay doesn't swear in any of their released songs (minus live albums and Lost+, the man who swears and idiot don't count). Is there any interview or something where they give a reason for them doing this? I really respect this choice because I can play it anywhere I want, knowing Coldplay is clean. I hope they never swear in their new albums (I doubt they will).

I've noticed that Coldplay doesn't swear in any of their released songs (minus live albums and Lost+, the man who swears and idiot don't count). Is there any interview or something where they give a reason for them doing this? I really respect this choice because I can play it anywhere I want, knowing Coldplay is clean. I hope they never swear in their new albums (I doubt they will).

Because Chris' parents hate hearing him swearing lol

No I think it has to do with the "coolness" thing that comes with swearing. Chris mentioned several times that he doesn't want to be cool, so maybe that's why he doesn't swear?

Or maybe it would be absolutely pointless to insert any swear words into their songs anyway, if you look at the lyrics. They're oftentimes centered pretty much around love and lost love things and what-not, and nothing swearworthy...

yeah sorry, no interview source for that, just a personal guess :shrug:

chris was known to not swear publicly during the early parachutes era/pre-parachutes, but of course that changed very quickly. maybe it's a continuation of that. or maybe it has to do with the fact that anyone can listen to their songs anytime anywhere. but then, their live albums have swearing, so don't think that's it.

i think chris thinks that recording a swear word seems forced, because then its on the record, its on the lyrics, he will "have to" swear everytime he sings it, even he feels not to swear at all. So they record the clean version, but live when he feels like swearing (as in putting swear words into lyrics) he can do it. Like he did with Violet Hill at the pinkpop festival (With the captain of some fucking ship would stow)

This is our new f**king album, its f**king amazing - a head full of f**king dreams now buy it ya t**ts or we'll do a collaboration album with Katy f**king Perry...f** this promotion sh*te I'm off to find another Hollywood actress. Peace. - Chris Martin

This is our new f**king album, its f**king amazing - a head full of f**king dreams now buy it ya t**ts or we'll do a collaboration album with Katy f**king Perry...f** this promotion sh*te I'm off to find another Hollywood actress. Peace. - Chris Martin

Chris could should date a Badminton champion ....or a Roller derby queen...a butcher, a baker or a candle stick maker......Oh the possibilities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris could should date a Badminton champion ....or a Roller derby queen...a butcher, a baker or a candle stick maker......Oh the possibilities!

Or all of them...that's probably the kind of dreams in Chris' head lol (don't tell Gwyneth/Jennifer/Jonny)

Or all of them...that's probably the kind of dreams in Chris' head lol (don't tell Gwyneth/Jennifer/Jonny)

Perhaps she/he is one person who is all of these things.... Firstly whips his butt at badminton, then whilst wearing roller skates serves him freshly baked scones and non-vegetarian food....and you can imagine what happens in the candle part...