✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where should Coldplay visit for their next world tour?

Sparky

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
There are two places I'd love to see Coldplay play on the next tour:

1.) Wembley Stadium (IT'S WEMBLEY FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!)

2.) Millennium Stadium, Cardiff: I'm stunned Coldplay haven't played here before. It's one hell of a stadium with 75k seats slap bang in the city centre. Would be absolutely incredible (especially with the roof on). A warm-up gig in my back garden would also be appreciated, but I'll be satisfied with the Millennium!

Well obviously they'll play at Wembley no matter what. :)

• Like 1

This post is about US shows.

I'd like to see what Coldplay would do at Madison Square Garden (New York City, USA). I believe the last time they played there was during the X&Y or probably before that. After the Viva tour their shows started getting bigger in terms of lighting, visuals, etc. Since MSG is a relatively big arena, I'd like to see what they do with it, if they play there.

In addition, it would be cool if they played at other arenas in the US they haven't played at since the MX tour: Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY), Wells-Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA), or the TD Garden (Boston, MA). The only reason I'm mentioning arenas and not stadiums is because likely they'll play most of the stadiums they played during the US leg of the AHFOD tour. Also I live on the east coast so that's why I didn't mention any arenas on the west coast.

Agree or disagree?

• Like 3

I'd like to see what Coldplay would do at Madison Square Garden (New York City, USA). I believe the last time they played there was during the X&Y or probably before that. After the Viva tour their shows started getting bigger in terms of lighting, visuals, etc. Since MSG is a relatively big arena, I'd like to see what they do with it, if they play there.

In addition, it would be cool if they played at other arenas in the US they haven't played at since the MX tour: Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY), Wells-Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA), or the TD Garden (Boston, MA). The only reason I'm mentioning arenas and not stadiums is because likely they'll play most of the stadiums they played during the US leg of the AHFOD tour. Also I live on the east coast so that's why I didn't mention any arenas on the west coast.

Agree or disagree?

This would be cool :D

Agree or disagree?

Agree !

Some smaller arenas in Europe would be cool :)

• Like 1

Agree or disagree?

I would love it if they play MSG. Even though it's a bit of a pain to get there for me, I would for sure try to go. Wells Fargo would be great ... I saw them there on VLV and MX tours (well it was Wachovia Center in 2008) so it'd be cool to keep the tradition going. I loved the stadiums but I'd like to see them in at least one arena this tour cycle. I wouldn't mind driving up to Toronto or Boston, I haven't been on a road trip in too long. Do we have any idea what time roughly they might be back in the US/Canada? Spring? Late winter? Later?

• Like 2

Agree or disagree?

I would love it if they play MSG. Even though it's a bit of a pain to get there for me, I would for sure try to go. Wells Fargo would be great ... I saw them there on VLV and MX tours (well it was Wachovia Center in 2008) so it'd be cool to keep the tradition going. I loved the stadiums but I'd like to see them in at least one arena this tour cycle. I wouldn't mind driving up to Toronto or Boston, I haven't been on a road trip in too long. Do we have any idea what time roughly they might be back in the US/Canada? Spring? Late winter? Later?

if you take the Megabus from Philly to NYC, MSG is like right near the drop off :wink3: that would be my plan if they played there and i was able to go :P

but i would super love to see them at Wells Fargo :wideeyed: the only time i've ever been there was for Smackdown's 15th anniversary two years ago

if you take the Megabus from Philly to NYC, MSG is like right near the drop off :wink3: that would be my plan if they played there and i was able to go :P

but i would super love to see them at Wells Fargo :wideeyed: the only time i've ever been there was for Smackdown's 15th anniversary two years ago

You mean Port Authority ?

Port Authority was close to the well-lit Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza as well, which was my luck when I arrived in the middle of the night to see them at the Today Show... :)

I had never been to NYC before, back then, and if it had been any farther I would likely not have gone at all.

• Like 1

You mean Port Authority ?

Port Authority was close to the well-lit Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza as well, which was my luck when I arrived in the middle of the night to see them at the Today Show... :)

I had never been to NYC before, back then, and if it had been any farther I would likely not have gone at all.

Megabus actually drops off around 7th Ave and 28th street (just on the sidewalk, not an actual terminal), so closer to Penn Station than Port Authority, but yes only a dozen blocks away from Port Authority... i realize now that sounds far, but it's about a fifteen minute walk. maybe more like 5 minutes to get to MSG :P

this is my method of getting back to where i'm originally from in NY, going through this area of NYC to get a second bus the rest of the way. despite being from NY that's really the only time i've ever spent in NYC :lol:

Megabus actually drops off around 7th Ave and 28th street (just on the sidewalk, not an actual terminal), so closer to Penn Station than Port Authority, but yes only a dozen blocks away from Port Authority... i realize now that sounds far, but it's about a fifteen minute walk. maybe more like 5 minutes to get to MSG :P

this is my method of getting back to where i'm originally from in NY, going through this area of NYC to get a second bus the rest of the way. despite being from NY that's really the only time i've ever spent in NYC :lol:

Oh, you are from NY ? I thought you wanted to take the bus from Philly !

NYC is an adventure onto itself. I really love that city, wish I had more time to explore it while I was still from the US. I have been there three times (the first two of which were associated with Coldplay concerts). I have to say I didn't appreciate it the first time round, when I was sick and sleep-deprived and it was pouring down so much that my coat was still wet two days later. But I explored the city in good weather the next two times, and it is so interesting. The only thing that was a bit disappointing is that some of the New Yorkers seem to have rudeness, at least to tourists, as their standard attitude...I had a few unpleasant encounters, but then again for every nasty person there were other friendly and helpful ones, and I try to remember the good encounters more. Would like to visit again to explore more :D

• Like 2

Oh, you are from NY ? I thought you wanted to take the bus from Philly !

NYC is an adventure onto itself. I really love that city, wish I had more time to explore it while I was still from the US. I have been there three times (the first two of which were associated with Coldplay concerts). I have to say I didn't appreciate it the first time round, when I was sick and sleep-deprived and it was pouring down so much that my coat was still wet two days later. But I explored the city in good weather the next two times, and it is so interesting. The only thing that was a bit disappointing is that some of the New Yorkers seem to have rudeness, at least to tourists, as their standard attitude...I had a few unpleasant encounters, but then again for every nasty person there were other friendly and helpful ones, and I try to remember the good encounters more. Would like to visit again to explore more :D

oh, well, i was born and raised in NY, a couple of hours north from the city, but currently i live in Philly - i've been here for about fours years now because of school :D it's funny, because i've seen Coldplay in Massachussettes, New Jersey, and now Pennsylvania, but never in my home state.

people who live in NYC definitely tend to have that always-on-the-go attitude that ends up becoming rudeness a lot of the time. my favorite thing is walking around and being able to tell who those people are by the way they cross the streets without waiting for the lights to actually change :P

• Like 1