✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where should Coldplay visit for their next world tour?

Sparky

Whereabouts in Canada are you from ?

I live in Western Canada (Alberta to be more specific).

My best hope is they show up in Vancouver. Around summer where I think we'll go again this year anyway. Wouldn't want to go all the way to Toronto but if that's the best we can do that's the best we can do :D

• Like 1

I'm from the netherlands as well. But close to the german border. Cologne, Gladbach or Gelsenkirchen would be in reasonable distance for me

I've wanted to go to Germany for so long so my gears are already turning haha. I'm from the US though so it's a bit of an ordeal budget-wise.

• Like 3

Netherlands, so probably not too far but more inconvenient anyhow, and hoping getting tickets is just as easy as for Amsterdam

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

Hey, I came to Amsterdam in June, so you can come to Belgium. [emoji1]

With some luck they are playing in Het Sportpaleis in Antwerp. So that is close to the border with The Netherlands.

• Like 1

I live in Western Canada (Alberta to be more specific).

My best hope is they show up in Vancouver. Around summer where I think we'll go again this year anyway. Wouldn't want to go all the way to Toronto but if that's the best we can do that's the best we can do :D

In the time that you were gone, i have been to Canada (Vancouver) :)

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I imagine there will be tour dates in Asia and Australia coming up in the future, but the European leg seems very limited. I really hope Europe gets more countries. It is a little frustrating not knowing if they would come any closer or not. I don't want to miss this tour, but the nearest stops are pretty far away. It's a little odd seeing Northern parts of Europe (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland) excluded entirely, and some larger places like Spain, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland and Austria are completely missing too.

Edited by Krizer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Krizer said:

I imagine there will be tour dates in Asia and Australia coming up in the future, but the European leg seems very limited. I really hope Europe gets more countries. It is a little frustrating not knowing if they would come any closer or not. I don't want to miss this tour, but the nearest stops are pretty far away. It's a little odd seeing Northern parts of Europe (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland) excluded entirely, and some larger places like Spain, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland and Austria are completely missing too.

I don't know it this can help, but Chris and Jonny have been interviewed today by an Italian radio station and they were asked about missing dates in Italy for MOTS tour. To make a long story short, they almost promised that there will be other dates including Italy. Reading between lines, the chances are other dates will be added as well in European countries which were left behind

Edited by only.your.imagination
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, only.your.imagination said:

I don't know it this can help, but Chris and Jonny have been interviewed today by an Italian radio station and they were asked about missing dates in Italy for MOTS tour. To make a long story short, they almost promised that there will be other dates including Italy. Reading between lines, the chances are other dates will be added as well in European countries which were left behind

Oh that's very nice to hear! Thank you so much for the info!☺️

Edited by Krizer
  • Like 1

Cheers 2 all

Usually i don't really care where Coldplay play live: my only problem/stress is to get access to the tickets..and that's it. I'm obviously talking only about Europe, and when a concert is in a "new" city, i try to combine both things and visit it the most i can.

That said...and now not only referring to Coldplay...i have my obvious conclusions made to what it concerns to the public and its powerful reception/behaviour during a concert. 

Not wanting to hurt anyone's sensibility, it's only my opinion, i was in concerts where people seemed to be more interested in:

- drinking beer & other "doesn't matter what" alcoholic drinks

- what sandwiches/catering  was available 

- sat all the time and applauded at the end of the songs (kind of Opera-public attitude)

- didn't interact with the band at all, and it had to be the band to "make the noise" instead otherwise

- when it started to rain..my gosh..they left (!!!!!!)

- smoked so much fuc***** joints there was a time they saw The Beatles playing in front of them

- sang along: "la la la...." when the lead singer gave him the once in a millenium-lifetime opportunity to sing with him when he went down from stage 

- Popcorns cannot end!!!!!

- look more at their ultra super latest xpz universal smartphone model to write Whatsapp messages to the friend who is 1/at home or 2/some 30 meters away from that same place

- talk all the time between each other and..."who is really playing there?"

.....than in being involved in a sometimes once in a lifetime huge stadium production and a marvellous concert millions of us/people around the world would pay the double of the recommended price to have the opportunity to witness and live it!

That said, i find it absolutely ridiculous that Coldplay didn't announce any concert in the 3 TOP European countries where you feel completely involved by the public:

Portugal, Spain and Italy 

In particular in these three countries, people literally LOVE when they go out and have the opportunity to see a concert! Italians are completely crazy, they can silence the band/leadsinger when the entire stadium sings a song; in Spain, their well-known "salero" is taken by each and any guy who goes out for a concert! "Fiesta" is their daily mood of life, and just like the audience in Portugal, it is marvellous to be received as one of them and for 2 and a half hours having one of the best times of our life! If we had to define Portugal's in a Coldplay song, it surely had to be "Viva La Vida", and believe me, they give their entire energy, joy, happiness and life when assisting to a concert! Kinda "little" Brasil atmosphere ?

Ok. You can tell me: Coldplay will announce more dates and cities, and probably then....  My friends, if it is understandable that they announce Wembley for several nights (they could announce more dates there, people from everywhere will surely make every night a sold out one), why didn't they announce the "probable" next cities right now and leave the always obvious cities for later announcement? Really curious about some uncomfortable reactions...

To stop boring you, i can give you one example (of many) of what people/real fans/always seen as 2nd option country living do to see a band they like: in Portugal back in 2005, for U2's Vertigo Tour, beside the usual ways to obtain the tickets, it was announced that BP was going to sell 4 tickets to each person in their gas stations by presenting their BP-point card. What happened? During ONE week, you could see first hundreds..then thousands of people camping, standing, sleeping in their cars nearby the gas stations only to get acces to U2's concert!!!! There were even guys that told their bosses or company they wanted to reschedule 7 days of their holidays only to wait outside a gas station for what: to get access to a concert!

Dear friends, i hope each and every one of you has the opportunity to attend at least one of the announced concerts. I must struggle again and pray for 2 precious tickets...i don't know where at this moment???‍♂️  Wembley will be my first choice/option (i have seen near one thousand concerts 'til now, but never saw one there), and i hope luck is by my side to get two "golden" tickets, so i can check another line in my bucket-list?

Have a nice weekend everyone?

Viva La Vida ?

• 10 months later...